Author Topic: YOU'RE FIRED!  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: YOU'RE FIRED!
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 03:13:26 am »
Not on the ban list...yet.

Point being, that a green card is no guarantee of proper vetting. Whilst he was a child of green card holders..... vet more better....

There's simply no way to absolutely imperfectly vet anybody. No matter how much you do a maniac will eventually work their way through.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 03:13:56 am »
Did not the muslim wife of the San Bernardino shooters have a green card?

I don't know. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 03:14:12 am »
I like that he fights;  I wish he'd fight for something worth fighting for.   Needless fights with Mexico,  and the imposition of a ban without the forethought to even think through what to do with folks with green cards, leads me to despair that his administration will not survive its term.   

He should can the sideshows and manufactured chaos and work hard with the Congress to enact tax reform that will get the economy humming  again.  Effect regulatory relief,  and a workable replacement for the ACA.  An eye single on JOBS.  THAT's what he should be fighting for, in areas where he can get cover and alliance with Congress. 

Instead he imposes a immigration ban so quickly he hasn't worked out the most basic details and hasn't even consulted with GOP leadership.   He improvises,  without coordinating with his natural allies.

In a word, he's reckless, and many of us don't like reckless.  Leadership doesn't mean reckless.

Trump's not ready for prime time, folks.   He's making enemies he doesn't have to,  taking risks he doesn't need to.  He's sowing chaos for its own sake.     

This is going to end badly.   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:22:55 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 03:28:30 am »

There's simply no way to absolutely imperfectly vet anybody. No matter how much you do a maniac will eventually work their way through.

They are not maniacs. They are followers of the original muslim terrorist...Mad Mo hisself.

Vlad Tepes knew it. Pope Benedict , in quoting Manuel Paleologos II....."The emperor comes to speak about the issue of jihad, holy war,” Benedict said. “He said, I quote, ’Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." shows they Both knew the truth. Winston Churchill knew it. Mahatma Ghandi even knew the truth about islam.

And I believe..Trump knows as well....... islam is an Assault "religion".
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 03:29:58 am »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 03:33:01 am »
I like that he fights;  I wish he'd fight for something worth fighting for.   Needless fights with Mexico,  and the imposition of a ban without the forethought to even think through what to do with folks with green cards, leads me to despair that his administration will not survive its term.   

He should can the sideshows and manufactured chaos and work hard with the Congress to enact tax reform that will get the economy humming  again.  Effect regulatory relief,  and a workable replacement for the ACA.  An eye single on JOBS.  THAT's what he should be fighting for, in areas where he can get cover and alliance with Congress. 

Instead he imposes a immigration ban so quickly he hasn't worked out the most basic details and hasn't even consulted with GOP leadership.   He improvises,  without coordinating with his natural allies.

In a word, he's reckless, and many of us don't like reckless.  Leadership doesn't mean reckless.

Trump's not ready for prime time, folks.   He's making enemies he doesn't have to,  taking risks he doesn't need to.  He's sowing chaos for its own sake.     

This is going to end badly.

Maybe "reckless".. maybe giving cover for shrinking violets in the political class of GOP.

Any rate, I am fine with this.

Frederick Douglass

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 03:35:26 am »
I like that he fights;  I wish he'd fight for something worth fighting for.   Needless fights with Mexico, and the imposition of a ban without the forethought to even think through what to do with folks with green cards, leads me to despair that his administration will not survive its term.   

The implementation was going to be sloppy, but it was her job to defend and enforce the law.  Instead Yates pulled the same political stunt as Eric Holder.  There will be times when I'm glad Trump is president ... this is one of those times.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 03:41:05 am »
I like that he fights;  I wish he'd fight for something worth fighting for.   Needless fights with Mexico,  and the imposition of a ban without the forethought to even think through what to do with folks with green cards, leads me to despair that his administration will not survive its term.   He should can the sideshows and manufactured chaos and work hard with the Congress to enact tax reform that will get the economy humming  again.  Effect regulatory relief,  and a workable replacement for the ACA.  An eye single on JOBS.  THAT's what he should be fighting for, in areas where he can get cover and alliance with Congress. 

Instead he imposes a immigration ban so quickly he hasn't worked out the most basic details and hasn't even consulted with GOP leadership.   He improvises,  without coordinating with his natural allies.  In a word, he's reckless, and many of us don't like reckless.  Leadership doesn't mean reckless.
Trump's not ready for prime time, folks.   He's making enemies he doesn't have to,  taking risks he doesn't need to.  He's sowing chaos for its own sake.     This is going to end badly.
@Jazzhead
@mystery-ak
@Quix   

You said: "He's sowing chaos for its own sake. This is going to end badly."

You can see and hear when so many can't; they have become blind and deaf.  You know where this is leading, and they don't.  You see the outcome and they are stuck in the minute.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 03:43:34 am »
How about that.  A republican with a spine!  He may do things inartfully, but no one can accuse him of not getting stuff done.  I may enjoy this four years after all.

Like him or not, one thing is for certain; he has demonstrated a very strong work ethic along with some integrity. Those that aren't willing to roll up their sleeves and fall in line just might find themselves without a seat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 03:49:53 am »
Trump Fires Acting Attorney General
NYT, Jan 30, 2017, MARK LANDLER, MATT APUZZO and ERIC LICHTBLAU

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had “betrayed” the administration, the White House said in a statement.

The president appointed Dana J. Boente, United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as acting attorney general until Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama is confirmed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/us/politics/trump-immigration-ban-memo.html

:hands: :hands: :hands:

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 03:51:17 am »
How about that.  A republican with a spine!  He may do things inartfully, but no one can accuse him of not getting stuff done.  I may enjoy this four years after all.

I think we all will!  @Mom MD    ^-^

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 03:52:56 am »
Trump has Guts to actually roll back liberalism unlike 12 years of Bush.

:thumbsup3: @LonestarDream

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 03:54:53 am »
Yes, but the green card thing is taking up all the oxygen right now.

Only for you @Sanguine   The rest of us have caught up.

Offline endicom

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 03:58:57 am »
Trump has apparently appointed a new head of ICE to replace the Acting Deputy Director of Directing Deputies, or whatever the guy is.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 04:01:03 am »
@Jazzhead
@mystery-ak
@Quix   

You said: "He's sowing chaos for its own sake. This is going to end badly."

You can see and hear when so many can't; they have become blind and deaf.  You know where this is leading, and they don't.  You see the outcome and they are stuck in the minute.

Yes and no.

Time will tell . . . how much of each is really true.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 04:01:46 am »

With all due respect @Victoria33 --what the hell are you talking about?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:31 am »
The implementation was going to be sloppy, but it was her job to defend and enforce the law.  Instead Yates pulled the same political stunt as Eric Holder.  There will be times when I'm glad Trump is president ... this is one of those times.

Indeed.  :beer:

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 04:05:59 am »
Only for you @Sanguine   The rest of us have caught up.

Obviously you haven't.  You totally misread my comment and decided to add a stupid comment based on your misread.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:31 am »
Trump has apparently appointed a new head of ICE to replace the Acting Deputy Director of Directing Deputies, or whatever the guy is.

Grab them by the nose.....then kick them in the ass.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 04:11:43 am »
Grab them by the nose.....then kick them in the ass.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 04:12:46 am »
Obviously you haven't.  You totally misread my comment and decided to add a stupid comment based on your misread.

Nonsense.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 04:13:31 am »
You guys seem to be on the same side of this issue...
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 04:16:50 am »
You guys seem to be on the same side of this issue...

Could be.   :shrug:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 04:21:32 am »
Indeed.  :beer:

"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."

"The best battle plan ever devised never survives first contact with the enemy."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 04:31:54 am »
"The best battle plan ever devised never survives first contact with the enemy."

Indeed!

And from Sun Tzu...."If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him." ..... gonna be a long time for the choleric left...he he he. I wonder if even they can keep up the outrage.  :smokin:

Frederick Douglass