Author Topic: Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2017, 02:43:52 am »
Yep. Most of his primary campaign lies wouldn't have lasted a New York second if people did a little digging.

Trump supporters are primarily a bunch of lying immoral clowns anyway.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:07 am »
The AG came out and said they will not defend the EO.

There are already lawsuits filed protesting the EO.

Who stands in the court representing the feds against the suit then if not the DOJ?

Does not seem like the taxpayer is being well served at all.
She's likely already submitting her resume...elsewhere. She's done.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,246865.new.html#new
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 02:49:34 am »
The White House said tonight that President Donald Trump has fired Acting Attorney General Sally Yates after she told DOJ officials not to defend his travel ban. Here is the statement:

The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States. This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.

Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration.

It is time to get serious about protecting our country. Calling for tougher vetting for individuals travelling from seven dangerous places is not extreme. It is reasonable and necessary to protect our country.

Tonight, President Trump relieved Ms. Yates of her duties and subsequently named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons.

“I am honored to serve President Trump in this role until Senator Sessions is confirmed. I will defend and enforce the laws of our country to ensure that our people and our nation are protected,” said Dana Boente, Acting Attorney General.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/acting-atty-general-doj-not-004944488.html

Sounds good to me.

I'm sure Yates will be guest speaking at the next Soros sponsored riot.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2017, 02:57:54 am »
There are a few different groups, those who supported him out of the horror they envisioned would come with Hillary at the helm, those who willfully overlooked his faults and placed their hope in the good things he said he would do, and those who would ignore him killing children in Times Square and never admit he ever got anything wrong.

Before anyone takes offense, there are those who will give him credit for doing well, even if his motives may be suspect, but will also look long and hard for errors which can be mitigated, and call him on those. We may even submit alternative courses of action, for what that's worth, even though we have no power to implement them.

We understand that he is just a man, that he is human and are well aware of past foibles and flaws. We hope and pray, for the sake of this Republic, its defenders, and its citizens, that those human frailties exhibited in his past do not stand in the way of him performing the Constitutional duties of his office well, and that he is ever a respectable and honorable occupant of that office.

We have who we have. I just hope we all have the moral courage to make an honest assessment of his performance.
Canning this appointee was a solid move.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:14 am »
There are a few different groups, those who supported him out of the horror they envisioned would come with Hillary at the helm, those who willfully overlooked his faults and placed their hope in the good things he said he would do, and those who would ignore him killing children in Times Square and never admit he ever got anything wrong.

Before anyone takes offense, there are those who will give him credit for doing well, even if his motives may be suspect, but will also look long and hard for errors which can be mitigated, and call him on those. We may even submit alternative courses of action, for what that's worth, even though we have no power to implement them.

We understand that he is just a man, that he is human and are well aware of past foibles and flaws. We hope and pray, for the sake of this Republic, its defenders, and its citizens, that those human frailties exhibited in his past do not stand in the way of him performing the Constitutional duties of his office well, and that he is ever a respectable and honorable occupant of that office.

We have who we have. I just hope we all have the moral courage to make an honest assessment of his performance.
Canning this appointee was a solid move.

There were those who opposed Hitler who came to say he was doing a great job but in the end he was still Hitler.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2017, 03:08:21 am »
So can you give us what you think of the Democrats to compare the vitriol?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2017, 03:08:27 am »
There were those who opposed Hitler who came to say he was doing a great job but in the end he was still Hitler.
True that. Don't think there aren't those who, despite extolling what he gets right are not scrutinizing for indications of someone diverging from Constitutionally authorized actions. I have spent enough years around directional drilling to know what a difference even half a degree can make in the long run, so I watch for the smallest deviations from course.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2017, 01:55:04 pm »
Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

I'm not talking about lawsuits, though.

I'm talking about verdicts made by judges who know the law.

If this was as cut-n-dry as some are saying, then there could be no other possible ruling than one *FOR* the EO.

And if this goes to the Supreme Court, then it wasn't as cut-n-dry as they made it out to be in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:57:48 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:07 pm »

This needs to be turned down a notch too.  It's what allows certain groups here to claim TBR is an ant-Trump hate site.

Don't give them fuel for their fire.