Author Topic: Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Acting attorney general orders DOJ to not defend Trump's executive action
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 01:07:44 am »
If the EO was right and legal, then no defense is necessary.

Why the fuss?

Seriously? 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 01:10:37 am »
LOL. I've seen that movie before.....

The Saturday Night Massacre. Remember it well.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 01:12:18 am »
Would "stuck pigs" as in "squealing like a...." be more to your liking? I am pretty sick of the sycophants carrying the Commies' water.  And I mean the likes of my two Senators, Lamar! and Shorty.

Oh well. I guess we can sort it out after the next Big Boom. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Yeah...that attitude really solves things. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 01:13:58 am »
I understand what you're saying but we are talking like what? 30 top people at best? His handlers should have had replacements ready as soon as it became apparent he had a real shot at winning months ago.

Overall, he's doing a good job so far, but he hosed this one IMO.

Normally at the change of administrations, there is at least one Presidentially appointed Senate Confirmed appointee held over. There are some things that only they can do, and they're just held until the new administration gets its people on board.  Of course the holdovers are still serving at the pleasure of the new President. 
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 01:14:40 am »
Yeah...that attitude really solves things.

Well excuse me. I thought we were dealing with an existential threat here.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 01:17:53 am »
The Saturday Night Massacre. Remember it well.

Why? Did Nixon fire you too?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 01:18:05 am »
Well excuse me. I thought we were dealing with an existential threat here.

The threat has been there long before Trump or Obama...or W...or Clinton.

The way it was handled was the wrong way to deal with it.  It was ham fisted poorly executed and because the current WH doesn't have it's messaging together...the media is driving the narrative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 01:21:30 am »
It's effective the day Sessions gets confirmed...unfortunately.
Won't happen until that transgender Turtle from Kentucky get a backbone!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:12 am »

That Turtle is only there to cause trouble because the unprincipled people that elected the unprincipled Turtle chose 'winning' with a liberal Republican to lead the GOP senate instead of taking the loss of one seat and having a chance of getting someome less liberal.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 01:26:29 am »

Good luck with that. You're more likely to see him hide in his shell.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 01:29:22 am »

The way it was handled was the wrong way to deal with it.  It was ham fisted poorly executed and because the current WH doesn't have it's messaging together...the media is driving the narrative.

It seems that way because the media has the microphone. Over the long run we shall see.

If Trump holds his course public opinion will re-assert itself and the more people find out about what these EOs entail the less likely they'll be to support, or at least not oppose, them.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 01:31:37 am »
If Trump holds his course public opinion will re-assert itself and the more people find out about what these EOs entail the less likely they'll be to support, or at least not oppose, them.

That assumes that the majority of the people out there are like you and me and will dig into this stuff....they won't andthey'll believe what the nightly news tells them about it.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 01:32:04 am »

What's "messaging" got to do with fulfilling campaign promises? What exactly would you have had him do?
.the media is driving the narrative.

I laughed so hard I hurt myself. The media is thrashing about, squealing like stuck pigs.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 01:34:17 am »
That assumes that the majority of the people out there are like you and me and will dig into this stuff....they won't andthey'll believe what the nightly news tells them about it.

Thats what I thought before this past election.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 01:37:47 am »
Thats what I thought before this past election.

If anything this last election solidifies the fact people will believe anything they are told on tv.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 01:39:00 am »

Trump won for a reason and that reason has not changed because the usual suspects are having hissy fits. They have their platforms, but it pales in comparison to the one Trump has.

Baseball analogy - we are in the top of the first, nobody out, nobody on. Count is one and one.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 01:56:48 am »
Trump won for a reason and that reason has not changed because the usual suspects are having hissy fits. They have their platforms, but it pales in comparison to the one Trump has.

Trumps win proves people believe anything they are told on TV and don't research for themselves.

Baseball analogy - we are in the top of the first, nobody out, nobody on. Count is one and one.

And Trump is acting like Willie Mayes hayes trying to hit homers when he should be concentrating on just getting to first.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 02:07:02 am »
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 02:26:52 am »
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Rove is 100% right (for once  ^-^ ).

If Trump's move is so genius, why has he already greatly backtracked?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 02:32:40 am »
so I wonder how this works when some files suit against the federal govt? 

Who stands before the judge as the representative of the defense of this country before the courts?
It depends on who did what.

If you got caught urinating in your back yard and kicking dirt over it, you get charged for all the associated violations for filling in an intermittent wetland, by all the relevant agencies, and you are looking down Federal guns bigger than the Iowa Class could ever muster.

If you are from a rinky-dink environmental organization suing the FedGov over some rule not protecting a critter somewhere, they send the logistics people out to find out how many pallets of cash your organization can receive at what location and whether or not you'll need help unloading them.

Hopefully, all that will change.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 02:36:01 am »
We have become a nation of laws to a nation of feelings and this so called acting Att. General is acting on feelings. I have done some research into what Trump has done and the laws and past court cases  on this issue and from they way the press and the left is acting,  one would think restricting immigration at times in certain circumstances has never been done.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 02:38:05 am »
It depends on who did what.

If you got caught urinating in your back yard and kicking dirt over it, you get charged for all the associated violations for filling in an intermittent wetland, by all the relevant agencies, and you are looking down Federal guns bigger than the Iowa Class could ever muster.

If you are from a rinky-dink environmental organization suing the FedGov over some rule not protecting a critter somewhere, they send the logistics people out to find out how many pallets of cash your organization can receive at what location and whether or not you'll need help unloading them.

Hopefully, all that will change.
The AG came out and said they will not defend the EO.

There are already lawsuits filed protesting the EO.

Who stands in the court representing the feds against the suit then if not the DOJ?

Does not seem like the taxpayer is being well served at all.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 02:38:49 am »
Trumps win proves people believe anything they are told on TV and don't research for themselves.
Yep. Most of his primary campaign lies wouldn't have lasted a New York second if people did a little digging.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 02:40:05 am »
The White House said tonight that President Donald Trump has fired Acting Attorney General Sally Yates after she told DOJ officials not to defend his travel ban. Here is the statement:

The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States. This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.

Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration.

It is time to get serious about protecting our country. Calling for tougher vetting for individuals travelling from seven dangerous places is not extreme. It is reasonable and necessary to protect our country.

Tonight, President Trump relieved Ms. Yates of her duties and subsequently named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons.

“I am honored to serve President Trump in this role until Senator Sessions is confirmed. I will defend and enforce the laws of our country to ensure that our people and our nation are protected,” said Dana Boente, Acting Attorney General.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/acting-atty-general-doj-not-004944488.html