Author Topic: BREAKING. Trump To Order US Withdrawal From Paris Climate Accord  (Read 1703 times)

Offline corbe

BREAKING. Trump To Order US Withdrawal From Paris Climate Accord

Posted at 1:02 pm on January 30, 2017 by streiff

I would have posted this sooner but I had to grab my power washer and blow liberal brain matter and skull fragments off my window.

The United States will switch course on climate change and pull out of a global pact to cut emissions, said Myron Ebell, who headed U.S. President Donald Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) transition team until his inauguration.

“(Trump) could do it by executive order tomorrow or he could do it as part of a larger package,” Ebell told a conference in London on Monday. “I have no idea of the timing.”

Trump, a climate change doubter, campaigned on a pledge to boost the U.S. oil and gas drilling and coal mining industries by slashing regulation. He also promised to pull the United States out of the Paris Agreement aimed at curbing global warming.

Trump’s administration has asked the EPA to temporarily halt all contracts, grants and interagency agreements pending a review, according to sources.

I’m fine with environmental stewardship, we should want to leave our kids a world at least as good as the one we inherited, but the global warming scaremongering is enough to put you off your feed. Naturally, Armageddon looms if we leave this agreement:

United Nations climate chief Patricia Espinosa has warned US President Donald Trump not to pull out of the Paris climate accord.

“Ultimately, this is about the competitiveness of the United States,” Espinosa, a former foreign minister who heads the Bonn-based UN Climate Change Secretariat, told dpa in an interview.

During the election campaign, Trump repeatedly called for a renegotiation of the UN accord, whose aim is to keep global temperature increases well below 2 degrees Celsius by transforming the global economy away from fossil fuels this century.

“We do not know what he will do – all we know so far is that his stance differs from that of the Obama administration,” Espinosa said.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/01/30/breaking.-trump-order-us-withdrawal-paris-climate-accord/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: BREAKING. Trump To Order US Withdrawal From Paris Climate Accord
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:44:24 pm »
Good call. We never ratified it so this isn't a Constitutional conflict with Congress.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:54:54 pm »
Point to Trump. It's about damn time!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:57:06 pm »
Another opportunity for our worthless ex-President to chime in for more community action (read rioting).  The media will lap up this drivel.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:59:40 pm »
   In spite of Pres. Trump's consternations, I'm still not tired of winning.  I'm an addict that way, all that 'everything in moderation' is for losers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 02:54:11 am »
   In spite of Pres. Trump's consternations, I'm still not tired of winning.  I'm an addict that way, all that 'everything in moderation' is for losers.

Winning!!!! I am not tired yet of winning. 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 03:00:19 am »
Point to Trump. It's about damn time!

Absolutely!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 03:36:11 am »
Good call and it is even Constitutional.. So good for Trump on this case..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

geronl

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 04:02:49 am »
Good call. We never ratified it so this isn't a Constitutional conflict with Congress.

Is this the one that exempted China and India?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 04:08:42 am »
Another opportunity for our worthless ex-President to chime in for more community action (read rioting).  The media will lap up this drivel.
They'll stand arse deep in snow and tell us how we're all going to burn up from global climate change.

You'd think some of them would be relieved and slowly just quit mentioning that scam, but maybe I give them credit for more integrity than they have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 04:09:59 am »
This was a no-brainer (now used literally)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:03 am »
This will probably get Barry off the golf course for sure and he'll be 'weighing in' with his words of wisdom.  Only problem is ... Trump has already made his opinion very insignificant (he just doesn't know it yet).  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 04:36:22 am »
Pour it on Sir!  Don't let up for a day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 04:55:10 am »

When Trump he gets dun killing all the muslims, he gonna be poison us wif dirty airs and dirty waters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 06:38:23 am »
Fully Awesome! :patriot:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:08 am »
More Winning!

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 08:00:39 am »
Good for Trump. I can fully support this.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 08:16:17 am »
Can we keep a running tally on how many tax dollars Trump is saving us little people?