Author Topic: Trump is right: The New York Times is failing financially  (Read 985 times)

rangerrebew

Trump is right: The New York Times is failing financially
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:11:09 pm »
January 29, 2017
Trump is right: The New York Times is failing financially
By Ed Straker

Perhaps distressed by the repeated use of "false" "and "untrue" in most articles bearing his name, Donald Trump struck back at the New York Times, saying:

The failing @nytimes has been wrong about me from the very beginning. Said I would lose the primaries, then the general election. FAKE NEWS!

Adding:

...dwindling subscribers and readers. They got me wrong right from the beginning and still have not changed course, and never will.

To which the Times responded :

@realDonaldTrump Fact check: @nytimes subscribers & audience at all-time highs. Supporting independent journalism matters.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/trump_is_right_the_new_york_times_is_failing_financially.html#ixzz4X9y67YZJ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

geronl

Re: Trump is right: The New York Times is failing financially
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:41:37 pm »
Trump simply pointed out what we already knew for a long, long time.

That doesn't mean he's right, it just means he caught up

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:07:33 pm »
I didn't like it when Obama attacked Fox nor do I like when Trump attacks the NY Times. It means they are thinned skinned.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:14:36 pm »
I didn't like it when Obama attacked Fox nor do I like when Trump attacks the NY Times. It means they are thinned skinned.

@kevindavis
Agree.

Very childish. Reagan never did this and he left office as one of the most popular presidents ever. The NYTs is failing on it's own, anyways. Trump doesn't need to respond to them at all.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »
@kevindavis
Agree.

Very childish. Reagan never did this and he left office as one of the most popular presidents ever. The NYTs is failing on it's own, anyways. Trump doesn't need to respond to them at all.

@LMAO

If I was Trump's adviser, I would tell him to shut up on Twitter and ignore the press.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 11:29:47 pm »

Printed newspapers are failing pretty much everywhere and have been for quite a while and Trump has nothing to do with any of it.

When I was a kid our little town of 300 people had its own weekly newspaper. That's been gone for nearly 40 years. The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press have been sharing printing facilities for 25 years or more. Our local county wide newspaper has been printing only every other day for quite a while.

The internet has done massive damage over the past 20 years.

My advice to all of them is go electronic only, ditch the paywall and sell advertising space.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 08:45:38 pm »
Printed newspapers are failing pretty much everywhere and have been for quite a while and Trump has nothing to do with any of it.

When I was a kid our little town of 300 people had its own weekly newspaper. That's been gone for nearly 40 years. The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press have been sharing printing facilities for 25 years or more. Our local county wide newspaper has been printing only every other day for quite a while.

The internet has done massive damage over the past 20 years.

My advice to all of them is go electronic only, ditch the paywall and sell advertising space.

That's true but then he hasn't done anything to HELP them either, has he? Hugh Hewitt had a theory on this and he believes it's possible that Trump and his people know exactly what they are doing. The net result of any direct back-and-forth that takes place is that the Mass Media look even more ineffective than before. The public get tired of the endless alarmism of the far leftist press and they lose even more credibility, while his popularity holds solidly at around 60%.

Let's keep in mind that DJT is not likely to ignore his advisers so any decision he makes likely passes muster with his advisers, including the amount of direct confrontation with the mass media that he engages in.

This is not unprecedented either. The form is different, but FDR did a similar thing when he bypassed the mass media and did the weekly fireside chats. RWR had his weekly radio addresses (which only involved the media as passive instrument, not as an interpretive device.

Every time the president communicates DIRECTLY
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)