Author Topic: Are We Going To Freak Out Every Time Trump Does What He Promised?  (Read 654 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

11:24 AM ET

Politics: Three months ago, Candidate Trump promised that on Day One of his presidency he would, if elected, "suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur." President Trump didn't get around to that until Day Seven, which means he was a week late. Yet everyone is acting as if this all came out of the blue.

more

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/are-we-going-to-freak-out-every-time-trump-does-what-he-promised/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Are We Going To Freak Out Every Time Trump Does What He Promised?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:48:01 pm »
I suppose whether "we" freak out over whether or when he does what he promised depends on a)
the promises themselves (several of which should and do strike as contributing to the continuing
metastasis of State power at the continuing expense of individual power), and b) how he went
about it.

We should not give him byes when he behaves like an executive supremacist a la His Excellency Al-
Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada or President Lips II or Droopy-Drawers Clinton.
The fact that his predecessors have behaved that way is not a valid reason to give him a pass,
as Richard Nixon learned the very hard way via Watergate.

Nor should we give him byes despite failures of due diligence, never mind that he's hardly the first
president to practise executive supremacy and fail to do due diligence on one or another matter.

Of course it would help if Congress should find its spine at last and reclaim those powers---in whole
or in part---too long ceded to the executive. But that, too, may be easier said than done.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 11:36:45 pm »

We should not give him byes when he behaves like an executive supremacist a la His Excellency Al-
Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada or President Lips II or Droopy-Drawers Clinton.
Do you have any in mind some specific action wherein this has been done or are you simply assuming he will do so in the future?  Most of what I have seen is to stop what was done by a predecessor.

Here's a list compiled on another thread for a reference.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,245748.msg1208160.html#msg1208160

Of course it would help if Congress should find its spine at last and reclaim those powers---in whole
or in part---too long ceded to the executive. But that, too, may be easier said than done.
agreed - that is the way we should be running the government.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:47:26 pm »
Do you have any in mind some specific action wherein this has been done or are you simply assuming he will do so in the future?  Most of what I have seen is to stop what was done by a predecessor.
I spoke mostly in terms of what might transpire. I think it's true that a good volume of what he has done
could be classified as executive overreach (and no small volume of plain clumsiness), but then I did note and
you quoted how that was made possible in the first place, and well before Donaldus Minimus assumed office.
Americans' thrall to executive supremacism is not and hasn't been limited to the electorate; we could both lose count
of how many Congresses in our memory have (whether they concurred or demurred from a particular presidential
recommendation or policy goal) acted as though the presidency is the supreme branch of the government..

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:51:25 pm »
Just read an article here that all the protests from the Left and the muslims was coordinated by a fatwah issued when Donny won by some overseas dirtbags.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/3-triggers-for-islamic-uprising-under-trump-presidency/#WyXJrUQiY7qQeXuE.99

The protests over this are a fraud.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 11:56:26 pm »
Just read an article here that all the protests from the Left and the muslims was coordinated by a fatwah issued when Donny won by some overseas dirtbags.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/01/3-triggers-for-islamic-uprising-under-trump-presidency/#WyXJrUQiY7qQeXuE.99

The protests over this are a fraud.

World Nut daily.  :laugh:

And you have he gall to criticize my sources.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 12:01:32 am »

World Nut daily.  :laugh:

And you have he gall to criticize my sources.

At least it's not the Worlds Worker Party site you were peddling that day and the piece is directly quoting from the Homeland Security dude who studied the muslim Brotherhood.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 02:27:26 am »
Suzy Creamcheese, please pick up the nearest courtesy phone!

Offline EasyAce

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:08:15 am by EasyAce »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 02:46:14 am »
I spoke mostly in terms of what might transpire. I think it's true that a good volume of what he has done
could be classified as executive overreach (and no small volume of plain clumsiness), but then I did note and
you quoted how that was made possible in the first place, and well before Donaldus Minimus assumed office.
Americans' thrall to executive supremacism is not and hasn't been limited to the electorate; we could both lose count
of how many Congresses in our memory have (whether they concurred or demurred from a particular presidential
recommendation or policy goal) acted as though the presidency is the supreme branch of the government..
we should always be vigilant.

What I see is EO that change the EO done by Obama by and large.  I see nothing wrong with getting back to where we were, although I prefer a LAW rather than and EO to run this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 02:47:55 am »
Trump most idiotic promise is for Mexico to pay for the wall.  So yeah it'll be amusing to see what he comes up with for that. And I will no doubt freak out.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:26 am »
we should always be vigilant.
Bingo.

What I see is EO that change the EO done by Obama by and large.  I see nothing wrong with getting back to where we were . . .
We weren't exactly in the right places before His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, if you
recall how government metastasised prior to His Excellency's reign and particularly in the sixteen years directly preceding it.

. . ., although I prefer a LAW rather than and EO to run this country.
As do I. I had once thought the original purpose of the executive order was to administer and when needed adjust the
executive branch alone---not to make an end-run around Congress's legislative authority merely because they legislate
contrary to a president's wishes (demands?). The Constitution prescribes that the president may recommend
legislation from time to time, not that his legislative wishes (demands) receive a Congressional rubber stamp, or
that he become a legislator-in-chief as too many presidents up to and (God forbid) including Donaldus Minimus have
been.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:16:27 am by EasyAce »