Author Topic: Time running out for hijabi refugee who wants to give birth in America (Trump's Fault)  (Read 661 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/time_running_out_for_hijabi_refugee_who_wants_to_give_birth_in_america.html

by Ed Straker

A Syrian refugee who was hoping to give birth in America may see her dreams foiled by Donald Trump.

The Badat family sat crammed together on their couch Sunday morning, desperately trying, call after call, to reach the other side of the world.

It took half an hour to get through to Ankara, Turkey, where they had left their pregnant daughter, Enas, and her husband three months ago. Back then, it seemed only a matter of time before the young couple would join the Badats and their three younger children in Bloomfield Township in the Detroit suburbs, where they had gained entry as Syrian refugees. Then President Trump issued his visa ban. Overnight, their world shifted.

By the time they reached Enas over a shaky WhatsApp connection Sunday morning, everyone on both sides of the line was crying.

“It took so long to be pregnant; I wanted you to be able to help me,” said Enas, 25 and due in March. She appeared on the phone’s tiny screen in a black hijab, sitting before a tattered gray curtain.

The family just came to America three months ago.  They immediately expected to bring other family members along with them.  Enas's need is severe; if she doesn't give birth in America, her baby will not be an American citizen.  Crying in her black burka, she looked desperately unhappy that she was not about to create a new American who could anchor her to our society.

Keep in mind that the Washington Post published this as a sympathetic story.  They see nothing disturbing about admitting a fundamentalist hijabi to America; they see nothing disturbing about her obvious attempts to create an anchor baby; and they see nothing disturbing about reporting the generous living arrangements and benefits American taxpayers are paying for:

Since arriving in the Detroit area three months ago, the family has been guided by other immigrants, who have helped them secure the two-bedroom apartment in Bloomfield Township, chipped in to help them rent furniture and arranged private English lessons after discovering that the local adult-education classes were full.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
This is the one area where I think we should not be exceptional. The USA should definitely not be the only nation in the world where one attains citizenship just by being deposited on our soil at birth. That was never the intention of the Founders. Never. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:25:31 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Wingnut

This is the one area where I think we should not be exceptional. The USA should definitely not be the only nation in the world where one attains citizenship just by being deposited on our soil at birth. That was never the intention of the Founders. Never.

It will probably be with us forever.  It provides the rat party with a fresh supply of voters so they will not want to disturb the pipeline.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:28:16 pm by Wingnut »

Offline SirLinksALot

I thought America under Trump was the land where people are racist, prejudiced and anti-Muslim ... Why would any Muslim want to come and live here, much less allow their children to grow up in the land of the infidel?

Offline Frank Cannon

And this nonsense is why Donny won.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
I thought America under Trump was the land where people are racist, prejudiced and anti-Muslim ... Why would any Muslim want to come and live here, much less allow their children to grow up in the land of the infidel?

And Chuck Schumer just sent a "dog whistle" to terrorists to hit the USA. Saturday he flatly stated that, " This new order would likely trigger more attacks by 'lone wolf' terrorists."

Do tell, Schumer. What that monstrous pig was doing was ENCOURGING THEM TO ATTACK because he was telegraphing to them that it would harm the president politically to do it now. Schumer himself was doing the terrorist network's job for them - signaling that the time was NOW to strike.

If I were emperor, Schumer would be swingin' along with his cousin. That pig. He is a traitor, plain and simple. The 'Crats are reverting to exactly the same mindset they took when they acted to support the enemy during all of the last military actions we took in the Middle East. 

Arrest. Try. Execute. Justice.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:56:43 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)