Author Topic: Trump asked for a ‘Muslim ban,’ Giuliani says — and ordered a commission to do it ‘legally’  (Read 5902 times)

Silver Pines

I don't think the execution is really the problem.  It wouldn't have mattered what he did - it would have been met with the over-the-top shock and horror from the left.  The protesters were lined up and ready.  They might not have known exactly what issue they would be instructed to protest, but they knew it would be something.  Or, multiple somethings.  This is one of what will be many.  At this point, the man could tweet out "good morning" and there would be protests.

None of that is to defend or attack Trump.  Just stating the facts, ma'am.

@Sanguine

No, I get what you're saying.  I'm trying to objective, too.  I agree that the left is going to go insane no matter what Trump does.  But IMO the roll-out was done in a sloppy way.  From what I've read, Homeland Security wasn't briefed beforehand, the normal agency review process was skipped, and then there was the confusion in the airports as no one understood who was supposed to be allowed in.  I think it was a lack of communication.  And then there was the green card issue...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

No, I get what you're saying.  I'm trying to objective, too.  I agree that the left is going to go insane no matter what Trump does.  But IMO the roll-out was done in a sloppy way.  From what I've read, Homeland Security wasn't briefed beforehand, the normal agency review process was skipped, and then there was the confusion in the airports as no one understood who was supposed to be allowed in.  I think it was a lack of communication.  And then there was the green card issue...

Hopefully he's a quick learner!

Silver Pines

The attack that anyone who opposes Trump is pro-terrorist, or pro-jihadi is the foulest personal attack that anyone levels on this forum, and I believe it should be forbidden.

I know that a lot of people don't believe in reporting things to the Mods (I almost never, ever do), but IMO, any time anyone accuses another poster here of supporting terrorism, it should be reported by multiple people.

Unfortunately, the few who level that charge here are all on my IGNORE list, so I only see it in quotes.

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

I expect the mods have seen the accusations of supporting terror and if those doing it persist they'll hang themselves with their own nooses. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And what you don't see...and even if you did you'd never admit it...is that I've gone places and defended you and some others here from the accusation that you've turned TBR Orange.  Sadly those people...members here...didn't want to hear the truth and deleted my membership from their whiny little space on FB and deleted my comments.

Don't really care if you believe me or not but I did defend you...no reason for me to lie or make things up.

The fact of the matter is that it's became a very lame excuse for both sides.  You can't stand to hear even legitimate criticism of Trump from anyone at any time...so you just label them anti-Trump...or do worse and call them "terrorists".

The flip side of the coin can't see anything positive about Trump without screaming the place has turned into an Orange hell.

Both sides are making a completely bogus factually inaccurate claim.  If this place was truly anti-Trump...would you still be allowed to post here?

If this place were Trump central as some claim I wouldn't be allowed to post here.

So you and a few others can continue to play the victim card all you want to...but it's growing tired and it's definitely a stale routine.

How about trying to intelligently defend your positions instead of taking the intellectually lazy way out?

Bring up the level of discourse here instead of dragging it down?

I've got absolutely nothing to say to you.   I'm finished with you.

Look in the freaking mirror!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@jpsb, I don't think @Weird Tolkienish Figure was ever NeverTrump.  He's been back and forth, depending on what Trump does or says at the time.  In fact,  before the election I believe he was very open to supporting him.

But now because he has some criticism, he's NeverTrump?  Is that the new criteria?  If it is, you're saying that you either will be a NeverTrumper yourself if you find a problem with something Donald does, OR that you will never criticize him at all.

Like hell he wasn't/isn't.

For every day/morning he started out saying he was going to start giving Trump a chance.....there are TWO days that he's done nothing but rag on the man...and his supporters.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I've got absolutely nothing to say to you.   I'm finished with you.

Look in the freaking mirror!

That's about the answer I expected.

You sarcastically asked one time if I could debate intelligently on one particular topic...and I did....then I said your turn.

I'm still waiting for you to do the same.

I continue to post articles and comment on posts that keep the dialogue at an adult level.  He'll I'm even agreeing with and supporting things Trump is doing...but you're so locked in on calling names to anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with you...you don't see it.

You should take your own advice and look in that mirror.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

For every day/morning he started out saying he was going to start giving Trump a chance.....there are TWO days that he's done nothing but rag on the man...and his supporters.

Just stop.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

@DCPatriot

Maybe @Weird Tolkienish Figure is giving criticism where he sees fit.  All I can say is that remember during the election he was far more open to voting for Trump than I ever was, and I recall him voicing relief when he felt he had a reason to do so.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

@DCPatriot

Maybe @Weird Tolkienish Figure is giving criticism where he sees fit.  All I can say is that remember during the election he was far more open to voting for Trump than I ever was, and I recall him voicing relief when he felt he had a reason to do so.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I was and I did vote for him. I felt the USSC was worth saving.

Silver Pines

I was and I did vote for him. I felt the USSC was worth saving.

That's what I thought...

HonestJohn

Green card holders are being allowed in. DHS has authority to allow in for any reason it sees fit.

And how about green card holders from those countries that were listed?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And how about green card holders from those countries that were listed?

Depends on where they've been as to whether or not they can come in.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@240B

You going to roll out this barking lunacy every time Trump doesn't receive 100% unqualified praise?

@CatherineofAragon

The lunacy is in your projection and your assumption that the people here are defending Trump regardless of what he says or does,and that is just 180 degrees off. You obviously think we are Trump versions of your beloved Bush-Bots. It just ain't so. From what I have seen the majority of us were never more than reluctant Trump supporters,and even that was because it was a choice between him and Bubbette! Clinton,the Wicked Witch of the West

You all also seem to be seriously steamed that so-far Trump has done or is trying to do precisely what he said he was going to do,making Anti-Trumpers look sillier and less relevant with each day that passes.

No,he isn't JEB. For which we should all be grateful because JEB is anti-American,like the rest of the scum in his family. So is McLunatic,Lady Lindsey,and practically every other candidate that ran pretending to be conservatives. Other than the possible exception of Ted Cruz,they were all treasonous scum appeasers.

If so you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

I can't speak for anyone else,but I take the rabid anti-Trump alleged conservatives very seriously. Crazy people are dangerous.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:04:32 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The fact of the matter is that it's became a very lame excuse for both sides.  You can't stand to hear even legitimate criticism of Trump from anyone at any time...so you just label them anti-Trump...or do worse and call them "terrorists".

The flip side of the coin can't see anything positive about Trump without screaming the place has turned into an Orange hell.

Both sides are making a completely bogus factually inaccurate claim.

100 Percent SPOT ON!

If this place was truly anti-Trump...would you still be allowed to post here?

This "place" is neither 100 percent pro-Trump and it is not 100 percent anti-Trump,either. It is a place where sane people,as well as loons from all 360 degrees of a circle can come post their deep thoughts,brilliant insights,and dumbass brain farts.

Good for this "place"! This ain't the Huffington Post or the NYT,and posts are NOT approved by official "PC Censors" before being posted for all to see. Dissidence IS allowed,and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though we butt heads fairly often,I suspect if you think about it a few minutes,you wouldn't want it any other way,either.

If this place were Trump central as some claim I wouldn't be allowed to post here.

See? We are saying the same thing here,just saying it in different ways.

For ME,none of this is about ME. I am irrelevant as an individual because I won't live long enough to be affected by pretty much anything that happens. It is about the future of this country and the continuance of "Life,Freedom,and the American Way!"

So you and a few others can continue to play the victim card all you want to...but it's growing tired and it's definitely a stale routine.

NOBODY is playing the victim card heaving than the rabid anti-Trumpers. Nobody has EVER played it any harder.

How about trying to intelligently defend your positions instead of taking the intellectually lazy way out?

Bring up the level of discourse here instead of dragging it down?

I think it would be fair to note that this applies to all of us from every side of every issue at one time or another.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly.  It is time for CONSERVATIVES to pull together.  Hillary is defeated.....

@libertybele

Yes she is,but everyone should start paying VERY close attention to a weasel named Senator Tim Kaine. IMHO,he is clearly the most dangerous,most intelligent,and most ambitious demon in the Dim Party. It seems to me he is clearly maneuvering to set himself up as the Dim nominee in 2016 while helping to set Trump and the conservatives in the House and Senate up for a fall at the same time. He is very clever,and he is also very evil. Maybe even more evil than Bubbette! because he seems to be a true believer in global fascism,and Bubbette! and Bubba were just whores for rent for quickies. I don't believe Kaine is in it for wealth. I think he is in it solely for power and to set  himself up as a potential World Ruler.

Online corbe

This "place" is neither 100 percent pro-Trump and it is not 100 percent anti-Trump,either. It is a place where sane people,as well as loons from all 360 degrees of a circle can come post their deep thoughts,brilliant insights,and dumbass brain farts.

Good for this "place"! This ain't the Huffington Post or the NYT,and posts are NOT approved by official "PC Censors" before being posted for all to see. Dissidence IS allowed,and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though we butt heads fairly often,I suspect if you think about it a few minutes,you wouldn't want it any other way,either.

@sneakypete

:amen:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The attack that anyone who opposes Trump is pro-terrorist, or pro-jihadi is the foulest personal attack that anyone levels on this forum, and I believe it should be forbidden.

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

Gee,THERE is a surprise,Mrs.Grundy. You think everything you don't agree with should be forbidden. If it were possible here,you would personally be steering the Viking Kitty longboat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

Gee,THERE is a surprise,Mrs.Grundy. You think everything you don't agree with should be forbidden. If it were possible here,you would personally be steering the Viking Kitty longboat.

@sneakypete, you had me at this:

But, then you went to this: 

I don't see how you got there from what ML said?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
100 Percent SPOT ON!

See? We are saying the same thing here,just saying it in different ways.

For ME,none of this is about ME. I am irrelevant as an individual because I won't live long enough to be affected by pretty much anything that happens. It is about the future of this country and the continuance of "Life,Freedom,and the American Way!"

NOBODY is playing the victim card heaving than the rabid anti-Trumpers. Nobody has EVER played it any harder.

I think it would be fair to note that this applies to all of us from every side of every issue at one time or another.

You're right pete...all of us can do better

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

But, then you went to this: 

@Sanguine

It isn't obvious that we all have the right to disagree with people we find to be disagreeable?

And IMHO,no one and nothing here is more disagreeable than musiclady's passive-aggressive behavior.

Offline NavyCanDo

@Applewood

DemWorsethanISIS™ ‏@GodspeedTrumps 2m2 minutes ago More
@mitchellvii The Law is the Law #LawandOrder

It's not what Trump did, but the clumsy amateurish way he did it. The EO going into immediate effect caught the airlines, airports, homeland security, Customs,  and innocent people traveling legally off-guard.

A future date should have been set, and the policy clearly communicated on what it would mean for travelers from these countries along with procedures to follow for those who process people entering the country through Customs. And he should have very clearly and passionately explain it as a continuation of policy set forth by the Obama administration, with added safeguards and security measures this administration feels necessary to prevent entry by anyone meaning to do us harm, and those traveling with appropriate travel and entry documentation such as VISAs and green cards will be processed through as quickly as possible, but to expect much greater security levels at the point of entry.   A total ban of document holding travelers should not have been part of this order unless their was an imminent threat.

As far as refugees i have no issue with a 90 day freeze, but again set a date.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:46:18 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

When it comes to me, @sneakypete just makes things up, no matter how ridiculous and false they are.

He's weirdly obsessed with me, and absolutely NOTHING he says bears any resemblance to reality.

It's quite amusing really.   Reading his posts about me are like peering into someone's imaginary world.

He's actually a smart and perceptive guy, but when it comes to me, he's just bonkers.

Funny stuff.   :silly:

@Sanguine
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.