Author Topic: More Republicans chastise Trump over executive order  (Read 836 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More Republicans chastise Trump over executive order
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:24:49 am »

More Republicans chastise Trump over executive order

After holding back, a growing number of GOP lawmakers came out Sunday in opposition to his refugee directive.

By Burgess Everett and John Bresnahan

01/29/17 10:27 AM EST

Updated 01/29/17 06:45 PM EST

A growing contingent of Republicans is openly questioning President Donald Trump's ban on immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries, as key allies and powerful political players broke their silence Sunday to criticize Trump's executive order.

Senate Foreign Relation Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), whom Trump considered picking to be his running mate and, later, secretary of state, called on the president to immediately retool the order.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-refugee-republicans-234326
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: More Republicans chastise Trump over executive order
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:41:48 am »
Is it going to take another incident like San Bernadino or God forbid another 9-11 to get the GOP on board to do something??  What happened in Germany has always given me reason to fully support Trump on this issue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 03:57:08 am »
Is it going to take another incident like San Bernadino or God forbid another 9-11 to get the GOP on board to do something??  What happened in Germany has always given me reason to fully support Trump on this issue.
The GOPee has absolutely no excuse to pass emergency legislation further robbing Americans of our Rights if they can't have incidents.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:42:58 pm »

You are not looking at the facts.  Terrorist attacks have been done by citizens and people here legally.  You can continue to support this action but I believe that it won't do anything to help.  That is the reason I do not support it.

Here is a President who did not need intelligence briefings.  He comes on the job like a bull in a china shop knocking over things and whipping around wildly on his own whims.  He uses outdated Obama list to implement a EO that absolutely is done without thought or real information.  Did you trust Obama on terrorism?  I didn't.  He is using an outdated list created by either Hillary or Kerry.  Has nothing to do with the real world of terrorism.  Yes those countries but many more not included.

I say all this will do is create terrorism by pushing young minds to embrace the idea they are the enemy.  Thus leading them right into the hands of terrorist recruiters.

Several states have created law to ban all foreign law.  I don't know why we need it because Sharia is not compatible with the Constitution and it is the law.  However the Federal government needs to make Federal Law declaring that there will be no foreign law and create punishment for violators.  If there are tribal leaders holding Sharia Court they should be jailed.

Every video you watch of Militant Islamists in Europe they are holding signs promoting Sharia as law of land.  There are no go area's in places like France.  We need to stop what is already here.  Right now.

These people are working their way into our local governments and probably people like Ellis in the Federal government.  They are working to remove resistance.  That is a fact check out the story of the 4-1 vote in Texas.  If there isn't Federal law we will see area's being open to these people changing law.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:47:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:11:12 pm »
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/these-three-maps-of-islam-in-america-should-scare-everyone  (I question some of the stats but so be it)

An interesting article; I'm not even for any more Mosques being built but I do believe in religious freedom.

But it just seems to be a dangerous or oppressive or dominating system, at least the Salafist part.

This is a start with these immigration restrictions.

Offline beandog

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 04:42:47 pm »
Thankfully, President the Donald didn't pick Corker for either his running mate or SOS.  This is probably the reason why. 22222frying pan

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »
These EOs are fairly benign when you consider US immigration policy in the past. The fact they are creating such hysteria is indicative of how far the pendulum has swung and how deep the international sense of entitlement is.

If these meager restrictions have the effect of resetting attitudes even a little they will have been worth it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:54:23 pm by skeeter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 04:53:58 pm »
The EO is a start;
I was reading this morning, Paul Ryan did support it, back during the campaigns last Fall, Summer and Spring, apparently Gov. Walker and Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin were not supportive, Johnson was a big Trump supporter.

Also, part of the EO; is to halt ALL refugees from being processed for 90 days from my understanding.  So, it is more than the 7 country ban right now.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:37 pm »
Senate Foreign Relation Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), whom Trump considered picking to be his running mate and, later, secretary of state, called on the president to immediately retool the order.

Corker does not speak for the majority of Tennesseans, and I will work actively to get him primaried when he's up for reelection.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 05:21:01 pm »
Corker does not speak for the majority of Tennesseans, and I will work actively to get him primaried when he's up for reelection.

Corker should be primaried.  Didn't he have a hand in making sure that the Iran "agreement" didn't need to go before Congress?