Author Topic: TRUMP POLL: 99 per cent of Express readers AGREE with US President's tough migrant stance  (Read 545 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

TRUMP POLL: 99 per cent of Express readers AGREE with US President's tough migrant stance
Express UK, Jan 31, 2017, Alison Little

The President wants tougher security vetting for future visitors from the named countries, as promised during his election campaign.

His ban covers the nationals of Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Iran, Somalia, Libya and Yemen.

The British Government has said it does not agree with the policy and will not be looking to implement it here.

But 99 per cent of Daily Express readers who took part in our telephone poll yesterday backed “extreme vetting” for migrants to Britain.

As demonstrators gathered at Downing Street, protesting at President Trump’s policy, Mrs May stood by the invitation she conveyed to the President which he accepted during their talks in Washington last Friday.

The Prime Minister spoke at a press conference with Irish PM Enda Kenny during her latest trip to Dublin.

She said: “The US is a close ally of the United Kingdom. We work together across many areas of mutual interest and have that special relationship. I have issued that invitation for a state visit for President Trump to the UK and that invitation stands.”

However, she also stressed Britain will not impose a travel ban on people from particular countries.

More: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/760895/Donald-Trump-state-visit-Express-readers-agree-migrant-ban

Offline Suppressed

Gotta love the Daily Express!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn