Author Topic: Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others  (Read 658 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others

President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

Trump has said individuals who want to aid him in his quest to "Make America Great Again" should focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people, not thinking ahead to the future income they could rake in by peddling their influence after serving in government.

Continued: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/29/trump-imposes-lifetime-ban-on-some-lobbying-five-years-for-others.html

This happened today, if already posted, please merge.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:26:42 pm »
This happened today, if already posted, please merge.

It actually happened on Saturday, yesterday.  (It's tough to keep up---the President moves fast!   ^-^)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:30:58 pm »
More outright lying.

Trump doesn't have the authority to issue lifetime bans on anyone. In fact it looks like he issued a ban on his own administration and he's certainly not going to be there for a lifetime.

Sounds like he's just making sure no one in his own administration gets a cut of the action he intends to reserve for himself.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:53:36 pm »
More outright lying.

Trump doesn't have the authority to issue lifetime bans on anyone. In fact it looks like he issued a ban on his own administration and he's certainly not going to be there for a lifetime.

Sounds like he's just making sure no one in his own administration gets a cut of the action he intends to reserve for himself.

I'm pretty sure you nailed it here.

The idea that he now opposes lobbying is ludicrous.  He is who he is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:56:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure you nailed it here.

The idea that he now opposes lobbying is ludicrous.  He is who he is.

And he can legally do that for his own administration. The "lifetime" crap is just a joke.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 11:02:58 pm »
More outright lying.

@Cripplecreek @musiclady

You go Cripplecreek we need more foreign lobbyists in DC.  Damn Trump for trying to end special interest lobbying on behalf of foreign interests.

Lobby lobby all you can, money from US tax payers never ends. Right cripple?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:05:01 pm by jpsb »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 11:05:02 pm »
More outright lying.

Lobbying is protected in the Constitution. You know the fact that a bunch of people who has the same ideas..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 11:43:27 pm »

Lobbying is protected in the Constitution. You know the fact that a bunch of people who has the same ideas..

Well, one thing we do know is that Trump knows diddley squat about the Constitution, so I'm sure he thinks the President has power to do all sorts of things that the office does not have the authority to do.

I imagine we'll be hearing a lot of these absurd pronouncements in the next four years....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 11:51:56 pm »
Well, one thing we do know is that Trump knows diddley squat about the Constitution, so I'm sure he thinks the President has power to do all sorts of things that the office does not have the authority to do.

I imagine we'll be hearing a lot of these absurd pronouncements in the next four years....   **nononono*

Somehow I'm not surprised that this is happening.. Imagine if Obama had done this..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”