Author Topic: Countries where Trump does business are not hit by new travel restrictions  (Read 634 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The seven nations targeted for new visitation restrictions by President Trump on Friday all have something in common: They are places he does not appear to have any business interests.

The executive order he signed Friday bars all entry for the next 90 days by travelers from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Somalia and Libya. Excluded from the lists are several majority-Muslim nations where the Trump Organization is active and which in some cases have also faced troublesome issues with terrorism.

According to the text of the order, the restriction applies to countries that have already been excluded from programs allowing people to travel to the United States without a visa because of concerns over terrorism. Hewing closely to nations already named as terrorism concerns elsewhere in law might have allowed the White House to avoid angering some more powerful and wealthy majority Muslim allies, such as Egypt.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjO8PuE6ufRAhXHsFQKHawVCmoQFggqMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpolitics%2Fcountries-where-trump-does-business-are-not-hit-by-new-travel-restrictions%2F2017%2F01%2F28%2Fdd40535a-e56b-11e6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html&usg=AFQjCNECC9-TPO64OfDEdL0h7g5hgVOZ5g&sig2=9kt_VCN79W7CZ2iVP2YehA

Something to feel better about.

@Oceander @NavyCanDo
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This list of countries included in the ban was created by the Obama administration, not by Trump.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This list of countries included in the ban was created by the Obama administration, not by Trump.

I know that. Just playing choir director for a second or two.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

So?  Are you now approving of Obamas actions?  Or is it simply acceptable now that Trumpy approves of Obamas actions?

Wingnut

Some of those countries are retaliating with bans of their own on Americans traveling to those countries.  This really could get out of hand.

Offline I-ambush

It's a surprise that there is no Trump hotel in Somalia? No Trump golf course in Yemen? The premise of this article is silly.

Offline beandog

So?  Are you now approving of Obamas actions?  Or is it simply acceptable now that Trumpy approves of Obamas actions?
If the Bamster had actually used the list I would have more than approved of his actions.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Why would Trump do business in countries that support terrorism?  22222frying pan
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DiogenesLamp

It's a surprise that there is no Trump hotel in Somalia? No Trump golf course in Yemen? The premise of this article is silly.

This is exactly what I thought.   Trump has no business dealings in the garbage heaps of the world? 

Shocking!   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Shocked...shocked I tell you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!