Author Topic: The real shocker: Trump is a politician who delivers on his promises  (Read 738 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The real shocker: Trump is a politician who delivers on his promises
The NY Post, Jan 28, 2017, Michael Walsh

Here we are, barely a week into the Trump administration, and half of the country that opposed him during the election is quivering with rage. He’s building the wall! He’s banning immigration from some Muslim countries! He’s wrecking ObamaCare! He’s sacking top officials at the State Department! He’s threatening sanctuary cities! What’s going on here?

It’s called: keeping his campaign promises.

The answer is simple: we’ve become so inured to politicians lying to us to get elected that we find it hard to believe that the new man in the White House actually meant what he said — and can’t wait to get on with it.

<snip>

Doesn’t he know how the game is played? That the rule is to wink at the rubes who make up your base, then quickly join the insider’s game. After all, Republicans like the horse-trading majority leader Mitch McConnell and senator John McCain have fashioned entire careers out of promising their constituents one thing and delivering their big donors something altogether different. Surely, D.C. will corrupt Trump the way it has most everybody else.

Worst of all, they can’t believe the other half of America is actually cheering Trump on as, on one hot-button issue after another, he’s giving them exactly what they voted for, at warp speed.

Read more:  http://nypost.com/2017/01/28/trump-is-a-politician-who-delivers-on-his-promises/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: The real shocker: Trump is a politician who delivers on his promises
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 04:44:34 pm »
Trump is a lying snake who held every possible position on every subject. He would be keeping his promises if he did exactly the opposite.

Most of his "actions" so far are little more than theatrics to fool the ignorant.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 04:48:40 pm »
Trump is a lying snake who held every possible position on every subject.

:bsflag:

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »
Obama delivered on his promises too. I don't recall everyone here cheering him.  What matters is whether those promises are objectively good.  Not whether the a$$hat who tweeted them follows through on them. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 06:00:39 pm »
   Which one, the 'I love Ethanol' or the 'I hate Ethanol', throw me a lifeline @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 07:32:22 pm »
   Which one, the 'I love Ethanol' or the 'I hate Ethanol', throw me a lifeline @Right_in_Virginia

Pfft ..

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 07:57:42 pm »
Pfft ..

In spite your eloquent answer and the fact that I think you are dismissing me, I love you @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.