Author Topic: Customs agents ignore judge, enforce Trump’s travel ban: ACLU  (Read 1000 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Customs agents ignore judge, enforce Trump’s travel ban: ACLU
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:18:02 pm »
The ACLU is getting “multiple reports” that federal customs agents are siding with President Trump — and willfully ignoring a Brooklyn federal judge’s demand that travelers from seven Muslim countries not be deported from the nation’s airports.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/29/customs-agents-ignore-judge-enforce-trumps-travel-ban-aclu/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Customs agents ignore judge, enforce Trump’s travel ban: ACLU
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:40:39 pm »
The ACLU is getting “multiple reports” that federal customs agents are siding with President Trump — and willfully ignoring a Brooklyn federal judge’s demand that travelers from seven Muslim countries not be deported from the nation’s airports.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/29/customs-agents-ignore-judge-enforce-trumps-travel-ban-aclu/

The ACLU is getting reports???  LOL!  Yeah!  Right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
This is a dumb fight.  Trump should have just made the order effective one week from the date of signing to end all the in-transit issues/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 03:53:47 pm »
This is a dumb fight.  Trump should have just made the order effective one week from the date of signing to end all the in-transit issues/

I disagree. A week delay gives them too much time to line up their ducks.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »
I disagree. A week delay gives them too much time to line up their ducks.

24 hours maybe.  A week. NO way!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 04:42:00 pm »
The media would have us believe that Trump works and makes decisions in a vacuum. This is not reality.

This program was devised and implemented by a team of top lawyers and advisors. There is no doubt that it is legally bulletproof, and was rolled out with every contingency in consideration.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43:52 pm »
CBP answers to the Secretary of Homeland Security, not some judge in New York.  Until they are told to stand down by their chain of command, they will continue to enforce the executive order.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 08:28:01 pm »
The media would have us believe that Trump works and makes decisions in a vacuum. This is not reality.

This program was devised and implemented by a team of top lawyers and advisors. There is no doubt that it is legally bulletproof, and was rolled out with every contingency in consideration.

Because trump really gives you the impression of a thoughtful, methodical leader who doesn't make rash decisions.

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 08:32:53 pm »
CBP answers to the Secretary of Homeland Security, not some judge in New York.  Until they are told to stand down by their chain of command, they will continue to enforce the executive order.

Or until the police are called to arrest the CBP agents in contempt of court.  SWAT ought to be used as it's likely the CBP agents might be hostile.

And then there is no one screening anyone entering at those airports.