Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95804 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #1050 on: October 09, 2017, 01:20:37 am »
I just want to register a comment during this pitchers' duel between Cleveland and the Yankees.....

Carlos Carrasco looks like Lou Diamond Phillips.  ^-^
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:20:54 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1051 on: October 09, 2017, 09:58:33 pm »
Astros win!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1052 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:03 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1053 on: October 09, 2017, 11:24:26 pm »
ASTROS WIN ! ! !

Congrats, Bigun!

(Now send some good vibes Cleveland's way.  ^-^)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1054 on: October 09, 2017, 11:28:35 pm »
Congrats, Bigun!

(Now send some good vibes Cleveland's way.  ^-^)

Are you kidding?  I'm a life long Yankees fan now!   :whistle:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1055 on: October 10, 2017, 12:12:29 am »

And I've hated the Yankees, since I was knee high to a grasshopper.   :dx1:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1056 on: October 10, 2017, 03:02:48 am »
Yankees win!  Cubs win!  Life is good!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1057 on: October 10, 2017, 03:08:25 am »
Yankees win!  Cubs win!  Life is good!

Nah...........

The Indians had better pull it back together in Game 5.  My hatred of the Yankees (and the announcers that worship them) has grown exponentially through this series.   **nononono*

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1058 on: October 10, 2017, 03:09:17 am »
The key to the Yankees/Indians game---Trevor Bauer isn't as good on short rest as he is
on regular rest, and for once the usually solid Indians defense hiccupped at the wrong times,
and the Yankees took advantage of both.

On to Cleveland for Game Five . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1059 on: October 10, 2017, 03:10:52 am »
The key to the Yankees/Indians game---Trevor Bauer isn't as good on short rest as he is
on regular rest, and for once the usually solid Indians defense hiccupped at the wrong times,
and the Yankees took advantage of both.

On to Cleveland for Game Five . . .

You can't commit that many errors and win a playoff game.  You just can't.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1060 on: October 10, 2017, 03:13:13 am »
On the scoreboard unearned runs look just like earned runs.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1061 on: October 10, 2017, 03:41:03 am »
On the scoreboard unearned runs look just like earned runs.
On the scoreboard, but sure as hell not on the field.

Come Wednesday, except possibly for each team deciding possibly two starting pitchers each aren't
even a topic, it's going to be all hands on deck.

Advantage for the Indians: they didn't go to Andrew Miller today, so he'll be fresh for Game Five.
Advantage for the Yankees: they didn't go to Aroldis Chapman today, so he'll be fresh for Game Five.
What to watch for: Both teams are going to want to jump each other's Game Five starters early.
Sabathia is far more vulnerable in the second and third innings this year (ERA in those innings:
4.50); Kluber's only truly vulnerable inning this year was the third. (ERA: 5.90.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1062 on: October 10, 2017, 08:09:22 am »
You can't commit that many errors and win a playoff game.  You just can't.

CUBS had 4 errors yesterday.   They won.      :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1063 on: October 10, 2017, 06:00:02 pm »

@Bigun

Rooting for the Yankees, It is a strange position to be in, isn't it?
I was at least rooting for the Yankees to take it to game 5, which they did.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:00:42 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1064 on: October 10, 2017, 06:06:39 pm »
@Bigun

Rooting for the Yankees, It is a strange position to be in, isn't it?
I was at least rooting for the Yankees to take it to game 5, which they did.

My guess is the only reason an Astros fan has become a Yankees fan is that he knows the Indians are a better team.

Am I right???   ^-^

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1065 on: October 10, 2017, 06:24:44 pm »
My guess is the only reason an Astros fan has become a Yankees fan is that he knows the Indians are a better team.

Am I right???   ^-^

Well, the Astros did better against the Yankees than they did the Indians this year, that's true.
My main issue is that I'd like to see either one who gets through, to be extended and taxed a bit more.
More of a "5 game series fan" than a Yankees fan.
Let's say the Astros win the ALCS, I'd like them to do it early and have whoever won the NLCS get stretched to a game 7, regardless of the teams.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1066 on: October 10, 2017, 06:27:43 pm »
Well, the Astros did better against the Yankees than they did the Indians this year, that's true.
My main issue is that I'd like to see either one who gets through, to be extended and taxed a bit more.
Let's say the Astros win the ALCS, I'd like them to do it early and have whoever won the NLCS get stretched to a game 7, regardless of the teams.

Completely understand that reasoning.

That's why I wanted the Indians to finish things up last night instead of tomorrow night......

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1067 on: October 10, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »
I'm just sad the Dbacks got swept out of Playoffs first round.  Seems to me that happened the last time they made playoffs....

Oh well.  TV's free for watching shows again. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1068 on: October 10, 2017, 06:36:11 pm »

I submit that days off when your team is winning playoff games is tantamount to a stick jammed in bicycle spokes.

And the same thing goes for "night games" this time of the year unless the host city enjoys tropical climates. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1069 on: October 10, 2017, 07:34:37 pm »
I submit that days off when your team is winning playoff games is tantamount to a stick jammed in bicycle spokes.

And the same thing goes for "night games" this time of the year unless the host city enjoys tropical climates.

Yeah, I can see that, "stop the momentum", etc.
I think that can hold true for the position players, but I think 1-2 days extra rest for a taxed pitching staff is useful.
Mixed bag, I suppose...

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1070 on: October 10, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »
Yeah, I can see that, "stop the momentum", etc.
I think that can hold true for the position players, but I think 1-2 days extra rest for a taxed pitching staff is useful.
Mixed bag, I suppose...
@GrouchoTex
@DCPatriot
Ponder that the Dodgers had four days off before squaring off against the Diamondbacks, who only
got one day off before the wild card game, then two before the Dodgers.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1071 on: October 10, 2017, 08:27:59 pm »
@GrouchoTex
@DCPatriot

Ponder that the Dodgers had four days off before squaring off against the Diamondbacks, who only
got one day off before the wild card game, then two before the Dodgers.

Ahhh....shuddup!

....while I'm trying to come up with a reason my NATS are sucking at the plate right now.     :laugh:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1072 on: October 10, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »
Ahhh....shuddup!

....while I'm trying to come up with a reason my NATS are sucking at the plate right now.     :laugh:

:silly:

:beer:

Yeah, been there for too long in Houston, that's a given.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1073 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:22 pm »
Ahhh....shuddup!

@DCPatriot
How does both the Nats' pitching staff and the Cubs' pitching staff showing a 2.08 ERA for
this division series strike you, then? ;)

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1074 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:48 pm »

Am I right???   ^-^
@musiclady

Afraid not!

The Astros are the best team in baseball right now but having an easier path forward would be a GOOD thing for them.

- J. R. R. Tolkien