Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95801 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #1000 on: October 06, 2017, 03:08:20 am »
Game 1 against the Yankees.  INDIANS VICTORIOUS.

Easy Peasy.

WTG, Trevor!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1001 on: October 06, 2017, 03:23:10 am »
Game 1 against the Yankees.  INDIANS VICTORIOUS.

Easy Peasy.

WTG, Trevor!!

Congratulations from another baseball woman!  @Polly Ticks
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1002 on: October 06, 2017, 03:28:29 am »

Since I was itty bitty and wanted to be the first girl to play for the Indians.  ^-^

They're going to be tough for everyone to beat this year.  They are MUCH better than they were last year, and look how far they got.......

Jay Bruce was absolutely AWESOME tonight!   And that catch by Kipness........ WOW!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #1003 on: October 06, 2017, 04:09:18 am »
@musiclady  Hmmmm.  Musiclady wanting to be the first lady to play for the Indians. What happened?  What position would you have played? I am serious, really, and not trying to be mean or anything, but your name is soft. 

I was born between two ruffian brothers.  The thought never occurred to me.  I loved watching games, still do!  I also love collecting ⚾ memorabilia.  That's what I was doing for the first eight innings of the game for two hours!

@Cyber Liberty is happy with the goods he watched me bid on tonight.  Bidding could be a sport, too!  Gets rough in there!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1004 on: October 06, 2017, 01:52:11 pm »
:beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1005 on: October 06, 2017, 02:12:32 pm »
@musiclady  Hmmmm.  Musiclady wanting to be the first lady to play for the Indians. What happened?  What position would you have played? I am serious, really, and not trying to be mean or anything, but your name is soft. 

I was born between two ruffian brothers.  The thought never occurred to me.  I loved watching games, still do!  I also love collecting ⚾ memorabilia.  That's what I was doing for the first eight innings of the game for two hours!

@Cyber Liberty is happy with the goods he watched me bid on tonight.  Bidding could be a sport, too!  Gets rough in there!

There were two things I had a passion for as a child........... music, and baseball.   ^-^

It actually doesn't hurt a bit to have an aggressive, competitive personality, and coordination as a female musician...... especially as a conductor.  ^-^   I actually had quite a few barriers to break down since almost all conductors back in the '60's were male, and my own advisor at college didn't think women could conduct well............ until this tomboy came around!

I stayed home with my kids and taught them how to throw correctly, to bat, and to throw a perfect spiral with a football, and to shoot baskets (I was a pioneer college basketball player on an inter-collegiate women's basketball team in the late '60's).  My husband's an athlete, so he helped a bit.  :dx1:

One of my nicknames at church was "center-fielder" because I did that as a kid at the men's softball practices, but as I aged and slowed, I preferred 1st base.  Never lost my coordination or reflexes........ just my speed.   ^-^

When I get time today, I'll scan and post the glossy photo I have of Terry Francona's dad, Tito, from the 1961 Indians team.  You'll probably get a kick out of it.  (Already posted the one I have of Jimmy Piersall when he died).

@Slip18
@Polly Ticks
@EasyAce

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #1006 on: October 06, 2017, 03:04:43 pm »
Report: Derek Jeter trying to undo damage from controversial Marlins firings

New Marlins co-owner and CEO Derek Jeter is reportedly feeling regret over a series of firings that left two MLB Hall of Famers and two Marlins legends unemployed.

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, Jeter is attempting to make amends, calling the dismissals of Andre Dawson, Tony Perez, Jack McKeon and Jeff Conine a misunderstanding in personal conversations with each individual.

More

@EasyAce

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1007 on: October 06, 2017, 08:10:54 pm »
Astros 4-1 top of the 5th, going into the bottom of the 5th.
Correa and Springer, both hit home runs.
Altuve intentionally walked, as I figure will happen more and more.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1008 on: October 06, 2017, 08:22:00 pm »
Astros 4-1 top of the 5th, going into the bottom of the 5th.
Correa and Springer, both hit home runs.
Altuve intentionally walked, as I figure will happen more and more.

Maybe the worst post season plate umped game I have ever seen

Angel Hernandez at his best (worst)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1009 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:45 pm »
The Astros broke the game open in the sixth . . . 8-1 . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2017, 09:15:43 pm »
Boston pitching not up to the job.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2017, 09:22:31 pm »
ALTUVE UP BASES LOADED, 2 OUTS

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1012 on: October 06, 2017, 09:24:00 pm »

He won't get a pitch to hit.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1013 on: October 06, 2017, 09:25:35 pm »
STRUCK OUT SWINGING 3-2 COUNT

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1014 on: October 06, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »
Indians Yankees tied 2-2 end of 1st, but Encarnacion's ankle injury is devastating....  **nononono*

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1015 on: October 06, 2017, 10:07:21 pm »
3-2 Indians after three . . . Jason Kipnis broke the tie with a line single with the bases
loaded . . . pinch hitter Michael Brantley struck out for the side . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1016 on: October 06, 2017, 10:11:03 pm »
Astros up 2 games to none.  Game 3 Sunday in Boston.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1017 on: October 06, 2017, 10:29:03 pm »
3-2 Indians after three . . . Jason Kipnis broke the tie with a line single with the bases
loaded . . . pinch hitter Michael Brantley struck out for the side . . .

Kluber's out.

Didn't have his stuff tonight.  Hopefully the Tribe can make up for it.  LOTS of game left.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1018 on: October 06, 2017, 11:13:31 pm »
Make it 8-3, Yankees in the fifth on Greg Bird's two-run bomb off Mike Clevenger . . .

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1019 on: October 06, 2017, 11:51:40 pm »
Francisco Lindor---two outs, GRAND SALAMI! 8-7, Yankees, bottom of the sixth . . .
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:53:58 pm by EasyAce »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1020 on: October 06, 2017, 11:57:58 pm »
Francisco Lindor---two outs, GRAND SALAMI! 8-7, Yankees, bottom of the sixth . . .

FRANCISCO!!!!!!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1021 on: October 06, 2017, 11:59:34 pm »

Yikes!   Thanks for the update.

NATS/CUBS...no score bottom of 2nd.  Strasburg looking good.  No...make that GREAT!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1023 on: October 07, 2017, 12:04:16 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2190W0FN0Kg

hehe................ not exactly a saint, but certainly a good ball player!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1024 on: October 07, 2017, 12:07:58 am »
hehe................ not exactly a saint, but certainly a good ball player!
Are you kidding? If that salami prods the Indians to win this game and give them two legs up
going to New York Sunday, Cleveland will nominate him for sainthood!