Author Topic: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!  (Read 95547 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: BASEBALL 2017---Bring it On!!!
« Reply #850 on: September 06, 2017, 10:59:09 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
He is, yes, but I didn't realize you knew my husband!
  ****drummer
@Polly Ticks
I don't know your husband, either, but he must be a remarkable man if you granted him
the honour of becoming your husband.

(Sorry, but they have no guitar emojis here, the philistines! ;) )

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #851 on: September 06, 2017, 11:19:40 pm »
LOL.  I just know Mr. Slippy....

Pretty well, from what i understand.
 ^-^
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #852 on: September 06, 2017, 11:22:43 pm »
Pretty well, from what i understand.
 ^-^

:laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #853 on: September 06, 2017, 11:24:31 pm »
@Polly Ticks
I don't know your husband, either, but he must be a remarkable man if you granted him
the honour of becoming your husband.

(Sorry, but they have no guitar emojis here, the philistines! ;) )

@EasyAce
Ours is a mixed marriage -- he loves college basketball and I love baseball -- but he's a keeper!

Here you go:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #854 on: September 07, 2017, 12:49:44 am »
@EasyAce
Ours is a mixed marriage -- he loves college basketball and I love baseball -- but he's a keeper!
@Polly Ticks
It could have been worse---he could have loved PRO football . . . or even going to the fights where
hockey games break out! ;)

Here you go:

mmmmmmmmmmmm thank you!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #855 on: September 07, 2017, 12:53:16 am »
@Polly Ticks
It could have been worse---he could have loved PRO football . . . or even going to the fights where
hockey games break out! ;)

You make an excellent point.  Besides, he's from Kentucky.  I think he is required to be a college basketball fan or he gets kicked out of the state.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #856 on: September 07, 2017, 12:59:06 am »
You make an excellent point.  Besides, he's from Kentucky.  I think he is required to be a college basketball fan or he gets kicked out of the state.
I lived in Louisville for a year. Forget kicking you out of the state, they send you to Leavenworth! ;)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #857 on: September 07, 2017, 01:01:44 am »
@Polly Ticks
@EasyAce

Hey lookie at what just appeared at the bottom of the "more" page in the emoji list!

***guitar man****
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:02:34 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #858 on: September 07, 2017, 01:03:24 am »
I lived in Louisville for a year. Forget kicking you out of the state, they send you to Leavenworth! ;)

@EasyAce
He's been to Luther Luckett and Kentucky State Reformatory a few of times (prison ministry -- not an inmate!), but never to Leavenworth so far.  :laugh:

We might have been neighbors.  Where in the 'ville did you live?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #859 on: September 07, 2017, 01:04:01 am »
@Polly Ticks
@EasyAce

Hey lookie at what just appeared at the bottom of the "more" page in the emoji list!

***guitar man****

LOL -- nice!!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #860 on: September 07, 2017, 01:52:56 am »
Boston Red Sox Used Apple Watches to Steal Signs Against Yankees

More

@Machiavelli  I just read the whole article. Now I am going to watch the video.  I know things such as this were happening with a player at second base, but this article is unbelievable!

Thank you for posting this.

I was just perusing the sports section while I was waiting for our game against the Dodgers starting at 7:10 p.m. 

I don't know what to say or think!  Going to watch the video.

Thank you so much!  You can never have too much knowledge.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #861 on: September 07, 2017, 01:57:57 am »
Personally, I've got a big problem with Playoff-bound teams being able to sign profoundly effective pitchers at the trading deadline.

I hate ###king Hessians.

:silly:

I ain't buying it. You be thrilled if the Nats or O's did something similar.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:58:24 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #862 on: September 07, 2017, 02:08:38 am »
I would love to see an entire dugout wear "Apple Watches" and pretend they're all giving signals like typical 3rd base coaches.

Imagine, after every pitch, the catcher looks toward his dDCPugout and sees that.

Just STHU, and pitch!!    :laugh:

@Machiavelli  @DCPatriot   After watching how it is done, I am actually in total awe as to why this did not happen earlier.
I bought @Cyber Liberty a "fake" Apple watch.  Even The fakes are unbelievable! Mind you, being a luddite myself, it would not be helpful, but just OMG!

Six minutes before game time,  and I am waiting for FedEx to deliver the Mickey Mantle ball.  I do not think the D-Backs do this sort of thing other than a man on second sending pitch signals to the batter.  Just I hope they do not do this sort of thing.  It actually hurts. 8888crybaby

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #863 on: September 07, 2017, 02:15:50 am »
Yeah....and I'm too lazy to look up which team has the 'easiest' remaining schedule.    :laugh:

Actually, I do believe after this game with the Dodgers, we have a pretty easy schedule. Next is the Pads.  But you never know, the Pads beat the Dodgers just recently, too!

We already have two men on base.  Joc Pederson just caught a nice ball.  Forgot who was batting third in the lineup.  One out.  Men on first and second.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #864 on: September 07, 2017, 02:25:14 am »
I've heard he's a rather remarkable chap.
@Polly Ticks  @Cyber Liberty  Huh?  I am waiting for the signed Mickey Mantle ball, three Yogi Berra signed balls, a Sandy Koufax signed with extra enscription card, a signed Trout ball and a signed Posey mitt. Is there anything I have missed? 

What were you saying about being cheap?  Did I forget to tell you?  Oops! 888high58888

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #865 on: September 07, 2017, 02:27:00 am »
@Polly Ticks  @Cyber Liberty  Huh?  I am waiting for the signed Mickey Mantle ball, three Yogi Berra signed balls, a Sandy Koufax signed with extra enscription card, a signed Trout ball and a signed Posey mitt. Is there anything I have missed? 

What were you saying about being cheap?  Did I forget to tell you?  Oops! 888high58888

LOVE it!!
 888high58888

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #866 on: September 07, 2017, 02:38:01 am »
LOVE it!!
 888high58888

@Polly Ticks   Me, too! I am just so excited!  Still waiting for FedEx.  Arrrggghhh!

@Cyber Liberty  Cyber told me (not promised) that he would post the images because, again, I am a luddite.  But it is getting easier in here with everyone's help, and, of course, Cyber's help, too!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #867 on: September 07, 2017, 02:55:51 am »
Personally, I've got a big problem with Playoff-bound teams being able to sign profoundly effective pitchers at the trading deadline.

I hate ###king Hessians.

@DCPatriot

Kintzler?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #868 on: September 07, 2017, 03:11:06 am »
@DCPatriot

Kintzler?

@DCPatriot

It isn't exactly a mercenary situation.
He's here through 2019.
Timing is fortuitous, of course.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #869 on: September 07, 2017, 05:48:55 am »
@DCPatriot

Kintzler?

@catfish1957  @DCPatriot   Who is Kintzler, and for which franchise does he play now and prior to now?

D-Backs swept the Dodgers AGAIN!   :thumbsup3:

@Polly Ticks FedEx has had my Mickey Mantle signed ball in Phoenix (about 12 miles northwest of us) since Sunday!  8detect8

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #870 on: September 07, 2017, 06:17:14 am »
:silly:

I ain't buying it. You be thrilled if the Nats or O's did something similar.

LOL!

I said/meant "profoundly effective".    IOW....starters.    (Or a closer like Zach Britton)     :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #871 on: September 07, 2017, 10:36:18 am »
@catfish1957  @DCPatriot   Who is Kintzler, and for which franchise does he play now and prior to now?

D-Backs swept the Dodgers AGAIN!   :thumbsup3:

@Polly Ticks FedEx has had my Mickey Mantle signed ball in Phoenix (about 12 miles northwest of us) since Sunday!  8detect8

Twins closer. who came over to Nats at trade deadline.  Someone did mention he is signed through 2019 though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #872 on: September 09, 2017, 12:24:45 am »
Twins closer. who came over to Nats at trade deadline.  Someone did mention he is signed through 2019 though.

@catfish1957 Thanks!  So many teams that are so close to Wild Card this year.  Going to check him out! :th_10444: :hands:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #873 on: September 09, 2017, 12:49:15 am »

@catfish1957 Thanks!  So many teams that are so close to Wild Card this year.  Going to check him out! :th_10444: :hands:

@catfish1957  I could not find Kintzler with the Twins.  Perhaps MLB is a bit messed up with all the hurricanes.

I will check the Nationals.

@Polly Ticks  I told Cyber I would slooooow down my spending for "our"  sports memorabilia.  However, prior to him telling me to slow down, I had another baseball coming at me.  And this one is a homer!  A signed multiple signature ball with a bunch of Hall of Famers! 

Tomorrow I should be getting all of my Yogi Berra stuff.  Last night I received four things.

Poor Cyber [sigh] going to have to make him work by taking photos and putting them in here as images! My part is the most difficult, though. I have to decide which objects d' art to purchase! LOL!

Why the heck is there not a single emojin (sp) with a baseball? Huh?

I did tell Cyber @cyberliberty  that we may have helped out my go-to man because he was in the path of Irma, but my friend told me he was fine.  Thank goodness! That whole thing is so scary!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #874 on: September 09, 2017, 01:06:34 am »
@DCPatriot

Kintzler?

Found Kinzler at the Nationals where you told me he was now.  Not only am I a luddite, but apparently, I can't  read, either. 8888crybaby

Kintzler appears to be a very good closer!  Should be a good addition to the Nationals, if the Nationals are in the position to need a closer.

I will be watching him.  Thanks! :finger: