Author Topic: US government confirms Trump's order bans entry by permanent residents (green card holders)  (Read 967 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow. Well, that extends beyond what I had originally understood.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Wow. Well, that extends beyond what I had originally understood.

I feel like Nancy Pelosi.  I read it and still don't know what it says.

Deportation?  Ban on travel?  Not allowed to come back if they are currently abroad?  What?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Victoria33

I feel like Nancy Pelosi.  I read it and still don't know what it says.

Deportation?  Ban on travel?  Not allowed to come back if they are currently abroad?  What?
@Chosen Daughter

As of this morning, 12 green card holders from Iraq are detained at JFK airport.  One man has worked as an interpreter for the US Government in Iraq for 10 years and went through the two year process to come to the US.  His family was eventually released at JFK, but they held him for 17 hours.  An attorney volunteered to go to airport and represent him and he is finally released.  The rest of the green card holders from Iraq are still detained in the airport.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

As of this morning, 12 green card holders from Iraq are detained at JFK airport.  One man has worked as an interpreter for the US Government in Iraq for 10 years and went through the two year process to come to the US.  His family was eventually released at JFK, but they held him for 17 hours.  An attorney volunteered to go to airport and represent him and he is finally released.  The rest of the green card holders from Iraq are still detained in the airport.

Thank you.  I didn't know.  I am not sure what to think about this.  It is true that many people on Visa or green card go out of the country for terrorism training.  We don't want them coming back.  For the people who have legitimate travel family visit..... Not sure.  It is seeming like a very policed state at this point.  And your response gave me a shiver.

I am a Christian and over and over again God calls us to trust in Him.  Not to have fear.  Only a righteous fear of God.  God gives us these instructions so that all goes well for us.  Every instruction given helps us to focus on the Christ and not the world.  The world is falling.  It is sinful and dangerous.  But we are sheltered under Gods Mighty Wings.  So to fear the world is not to trust in the Lord.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:01:53 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

I am a Christian and over and over again God calls us to trust in Him.  Not to have fear.  Only a righteous fear of God.  God gives us these instructions so that all goes well for us.  Every instruction given helps us to focus on the Christ and not the world.  The world is falling.  It is sinful and dangerous.  But we are sheltered under Gods Mighty Wings.  So to fear the world is not to trust in the Lord.

True, but only so far... if there's a fox in the chicken house, you shoot the fox...  :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
As a missionary  - I wonder when the retaliatory like-responses of US resident and work-permit visa holders will be instituted in the rest of the world.

Lots of Americans live and work overseas.  I can see this policy having very negative and harrowing consequences for them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775