Author Topic: Petition Circulating To Get California Secession Proposal On 2018 Ballot  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Petition Circulating To Get California Secession Proposal On 2018 Ballot
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 01:32:21 pm »
weaselzippers

http://www.weaselzippers.us/321921-petition-circulating-to-get-california-secession-proposal-on-2018-ballot/

I know it's a repost from The Hill but the Admin at weaselzippers snark line was just too good to let it go.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I want to sing, na na na na hey, hey, hey, goodbye.

Of course, the big one could happen before then, and Mother Nature can do it for us. (But then I'd feel bad seriously that people and animals died. )

888cryingkitty
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:34:01 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 07:24:05 pm »
I'm sure the last thing anyone wants to do is toss a little logic into the situation, so I won't.

When the Peeps Republik of Californa (they can't spell worth diddly) finally breaks off from the great satan, what are they going to do for electricity?  We know they don't produce enough on their own and they've put a ban on building any new power generation facilities.  It's a good hunch they'll find their pickle well dilled.

I can help.

For a small contribution to my favorite charity, the Me Foundation, I'll put together some flyers they can drop from the back of airplanes down to the little people.  These flyers will instruct the Peeps on the fine art of living off the grid.  I'll even include a tree logo at the top of the flyer to help ease their transition back to nature.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 07:35:01 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

I want to sing, na na na na hey, hey, hey, goodbye.

Of course, the big one could happen before then, and Mother Nature can do it for us. (But then I'd feel bad seriously that people and animals died. )

888cryingkitty

California is already sinking in debt.  A natural disaster without Federal Assistance would crumble California.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 07:35:29 pm »
I'm sure the last thing anyone wants to do is toss a little logic into the situation, so I won't.

When the Peeps Republik of Californa (they can't spell worth diddly) finally breaks off from the great satan, what are they going to do for electricity?  We know they don't produce enough on their own and they've put a ban on building any new power generation facilities.  It's a good hunch they'll find their pickle well dilled.

I can help.

For a small contribution to my favorite charity, the Me Foundation, I'll put together some flyers they can drop from the back of airplanes down to the little people.  These flyers will instruct the Peeps on the fine art of living off the grid.  I'll even include a tree logo at the top of the flyer to help ease their transition back to nature.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 07:45:06 pm »
Unfortunately, their own political masters would never Let them leave.

Without California's 55 Electoral Votes the Dems could never win another Presidential race, and there goes that massive influx of the other 49 States Money.

As usual, with Ca. it's all a show of phony outrage to keep the fringe elements they've made their constituency distracted enough to remain their constituency.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 07:50:45 pm »

Without California's 55 Electoral Votes the Dems could never win another Presidential race, and there goes that massive influx of the other 49 States Money.

As usual, with Ca. it's all a show of phony outrage to keep the fringe elements they've made their constituency distracted enough to remain their constituency.

Its all Hype over Trump election.  They could never secede.  Its Hollywierd or weed whichever you prefer with its if he is elected I will leave baloney.  They never have so now they are pretending the whole state can.

California’s $400 billion debt worries analysts

http://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-s-400-billion-debt-worries-analysts-6812264.php

One-Third of California's Budget Comes From Federal Funds
By Contributing Blogger on January 9, 2017 7:51 AM

California may be creating a bold counter-narrative to Donald Trump's version of America.  At the same time, it's battening down the hatches to protect the ship of state from the expected high tide of misery from Washington.  The state has hired former U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric Holder to represent the state in what are expected to be attacks on its positions on immigration, healthcare, and climate change.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

And in a state budget released Friday, Gov. Jerry Brown urged austerity and discipline during uncertain times ahead, even through voters approved retaining high income tax rates on wealthy individuals.

By Scott Graves

Federal Funds Comprise Over One-Third of California's State Budget, Supporting a Broad Range of Public Services and Systems

Federal dollars support a wide array of public services and systems that touch the lives of all Californians from Social Security and health care to highway construction and public schools.  A large share, but less than a majority, of this federal funding flows through California's state budget.  The current state budget includes nearly $96 billion in federal funds for 2016-17, the fiscal year that began last July 1. This is more than one-third (36 percent) of the total state budget, which also includes more than $170 billion in state funds for the current fiscal year.

More than 7 in 10 federal dollars that flow through California's state budget—$69.3 billion in 2016-17—support health and human services (HHS) for children, seniors, and many other Californians. Most of these federal dollars, roughly $58 billion, go to Medi-Cal (California's Medicaid program), which provides health care services to more than 13 million Californians with low incomes. The second-largest share of federal funding for HHS programs —$7.7 billion—goes to the state Department of Social Services. These funds support child welfare services, foster care, the CalWORKs welfare-to-work program, and other services that assist low-income and vulnerable Californians.

The remaining federal funds that flow through the state budget—an estimated $26.6 billion in 2016-17—support a broad range of public services and systems. This includes $7.6 billion for K-12 education; $6.6 billion for labor and workforce development programs, primarily for unemployment insurance benefits for jobless Californians; $5.0 billion for higher education (the California State University and the University of California); $4.9 billion for transportation, primarily to improve state and local transportation infrastructure; and $2.5 billion for additional public services and systems, including environmental protection, the state court system, and state corrections.

The outcome of the November 2016 national election portends major cuts to federal funding for key public services.  For example, Republicans have vowed to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which would include rolling back the recent expansion of Medicaid coverage to low-income parents and childless adults.  This change alone would reduce annual federal funding for Medi-Cal by more than $15 billion. Other services are also at risk, including some thatare funded with federal dollars that flow directly to Californians outside of the state budget—such as federal food assistance provided through the state's CalFresh program and federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments for low-income seniors and people with disabilities. Republicans are likely to succeed in scaling back federal support in a number of policy areas.  If so, state policymakers will face difficult choices about how to fill the resulting funding gaps in order to prevent the erosion of public services and systems that promote economic security and opportunity for millions of Californians.

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/on_california/2017/01/one-third_of_californias_budget_comes_from_federal_funds.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »
California is already sinking in debt.  A natural disaster without Federal Assistance would crumble California.

http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/state_debt_rank
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 08:24:35 pm »
But to any California citizen that actually believes this is serious let me remind you of what Federal Funds do to help you.

Yes things are going to have to change................

State gets federal jail funds

California and Texas team up to secure the money to jail illegal immigrants.

November 16, 2011|Richard Simon

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/nov/16/nation/la-na-immig-jail-funds-20111116

Need a place to jail all those illegal immigrants on the most wanted list.

http://www.lapdonline.org/all_most_wanted

And help from your neighbors also.............

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 08:25:36 pm »
States' dependency of fedgov index

Most dependent Mississippi, followed by New Mexico, Alabama, Louisiana.

Least Dependent Delaware, Conn., New Jersey, Kansas, California

California (like Texas only MORE so) is a net contributor to the fedgov finances, giving more than it takes.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
States' dependency of fedgov index

Most dependent Mississippi, followed by New Mexico, Alabama, Louisiana.

Least Dependent Delaware, Conn., New Jersey, Kansas, California

California (like Texas only MORE so) is a net contributor to the fedgov finances, giving more than it takes.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Well I was going to say I was wrong until I got to the bottom and saw that they were declaring all blue states less dependent.

I started to wonder about the data. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/11/22/best-worst-run-states/3671359/

and this..........

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-most-debt-ridden-states-in-america-2011-10#1-california-1
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:44:14 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 08:45:13 pm »

The sad fact for the secessionists is that they need us a lot more than we need them. Not just because the Dem party would be doomed in national i.e. prez elections, there would be a perpetual Pubbie majority in both houses and many political appointments i.e. fed. judges would be chosen by Pubbies. 
Even if it were legal, it would never happen. The country's libs know their collective gooses would be cooked.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 08:57:40 pm »
The sad fact for the secessionists is that they need us a lot more than we need them. Not just because the Dem party would be doomed in national i.e. prez elections, there would be a perpetual Pubbie majority in both houses and many political appointments i.e. fed. judges would be chosen by Pubbies. 
Even if it were legal, it would never happen. The country's libs know their collective gooses would be cooked.
But the 49 remaining states ALSO benefit from California's contribution to net federal revenues, since they get back, less than they contribute. (Same as Texas)

But in REALITY California will not be leaving. In FACT less than half of Californians polled, even want to leave.

Only 1 in 3 Californians, supports secession. Few of the media headlines clearly state this fact.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 12:08:32 am »
Tell them to call me if there is anything I can do to help!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kjam22

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 01:27:22 am »
Don't let them leave.   We need to sell California and use the money to pay the debt and the wall between California and Nevada.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 05:26:25 am »

Let them agree to pay their portion of the *MASSIVE*  Federal Debt and Obligations that their state has run up,   and I will be glad to let them Go. 

California is a state that sends a lot more to the feds than they get back. In fact, out of the 50 states, they rank 46th in dependency.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#main-findings

An uncomfortable fact.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 06:03:45 am »
California is a state that sends a lot more to the feds than they get back. In fact, out of the 50 states, they rank 46th in dependency.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#main-findings

An uncomfortable fact.

I think wallethub has a liberal agenda.

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-diverse-cities/12690/