Author Topic: Stop Telling Us How to Be Patriotic: New president, same kind of cult of personality.  (Read 5379 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@EasyAce

Oh, I know, we just like to tease each other, lol. 

As a Virginian, my accent is much less pronounced than someone who lives in, say, Tennessee or Louisiana.  Sometimes when I hear a Deep South accent, the difference actually startles me.
@CatherineofAragon

Part of how I shed much of my Bronx was doing radio, which I did for a few years in upstate New York and
northern California in the 1990s and again for a year in Las Vegas. I developed a somewhat deep voice
naturally as it was after hitting full adulthood, and it only deepened as the years went on, somehow. (If I
were to try singing, I'd make John Lee Hooker sound like a soprano by comparison!) Then going on the
air I found myself inadvertently flatting any accents I might have had or picked up to a large extent,
just in the interest of diction. To this day, even though I haven't done any such work in several years,
people who meet me ask where they can hear me on radio.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Trump has more in common with Caligula than with Reagan
I dunno. Caligula is said to have been a charming kind of fellow.

Maybe Donaldus Minimus has more in common with Robespierre than Reagan?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.