Author Topic: Cruz, Cornyn Offices Overwhelmed by Constituents Who Actually Want to Talk to Them  (Read 1053 times)

Offline libertybele

This isn't good; especially if Cruz wants to be re-elected in 2018.  While he cannot control what Trump does, their voices (DEMS and REPS) need to be heard.  Certainly Cruz spends a lot of time in WA, but he also spends time at the local office.  By now I'm sure his staffers have made him fully aware of the visit(s).  He needs to address this quickly especially since Castro is thinking about challenging him.  I know TX is very RED, but that can change.

Cruz, Cornyn Offices Overwhelmed by Constituents Who Actually Want to Talk to Them

On Tuesday, Texans flocked to the district offices of senators and representatives across the state — not in protest, but in an effort to simply flex their constitutional right to be heard.

"We're asking for a town hall meeting, or any kind of event where the men we elected to office will hear our concerns," said Jeanie Valenzuela, a member of TX21 Indivisible — a growing group of Congressional District 21 residents determined to lobby local politicians to resist the Trump agenda.

On Tuesday, Valenzuela and 15 other San Antonians visited the offices of Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. John Cornyn and Rep. Lamar Smith to do just that — and were largely met with a collective shrug from district staff.

Cruz's regional director told them, according to Valenzuela, to "go to Washington" if they wanted to meet with Cruz. Smith's staff said they couldn't share when their representative would be back in town. And Cornyn's office was locked during its open hours (the group left a post-it note on his door).

"As a group, we are very disappointed. There are some incredible changes being made right now in Congress," Valenzuela said.

"We elected these officials to represent us, but how would they know what we want if they never come back to hear our voices?" That doesn't mean she's discouraged — her group plans to return every week until they get a response. Tuesday was just the beginning.

TX21 Indivisible is one of the nearly 4,500 national groups created after a document — called the "Indivisible Guide" — made its online debut days after the November election. The guide, created by former members of Congress, gave readers a step-by-step rundown on how to use local political action to spur change in Congress and the White House (it uses the the success of the Tea Party movement as a model).

An estimated 10,000 Americans visited the offices of their local elected officials on Tuesday, flagged as a "national day of action" by Indivisible's founders, including groups in Houston, Austin and Dallas. ...

http://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2017/01/26/cruz-cornyn-offices-overwhelmed-by-constituents-who-actually-want-to-talk-to-them
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:53:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How could these people actually not realize that Congress is in session in January?

(Oh, who am I kidding? Of course they knew that, at least the higher-ups did anyway. They probably deliberately chose that day to try and create a bad optics situation.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Cruz will talk to his constituents.

Cornyn would hide like a scared child.  I hope someone primaries his sorry butt.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Bogus issue - congressmen and senators usually make themselves available to constituents at home when congress is out of session. Today 'go to washington' if you wanna meet them is a perfectly reasonable response from their local office.

Offline endicom

Online Hoodat

The only constituent a US Senator should have is the State he represents.  Not the people of that State, but the government of that State.  It is how our Founding Fathers intended it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The only constituent a US Senator should have is the State he represents.  Not the people of that State, but the government of that State.  It is how our Founding Fathers intended it.

And the reason why the 17th Amendment needs to be repealed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
And the reason why the 17th Amendment needs to be repealed.

:beer:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cruz will talk to his constituents.

Cornyn would hide like a scared child.  I hope someone primaries his sorry butt.
I was hoping two years ago that Cruz would run in the primary against Cornyn.  He would have won handily as well as the general election, Cornyn would be removed on the sidelines, and Abbott would have appointed a stauch conservative to fill the vacancy left by Cruz's vacated Senate seat.

We would wind up with two Cruz-types in the Senate where 4 years ago we had two RINOs Cornyn and Hutchison.

One can dream.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:42:19 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I was hoping two years ago that Cruz would run in the primary against Cornyn.  He would have won handily as well as the general election, Cornyn would be removed on the sidelines, and Abbott would have appointed a stauch conservative to fill the vacancy left by Cruz's vacated Senate seat.

We would wind up with two Cruz-types in the Senate where 4 years ago we had two RINOs Cornyn and Hutchison.

One can dream.

Is that even allowed?!

My first thought on reading it was "effing GENIUS!"  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:  Let's put ALL the legs back under the stool!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Is that even allowed?!

My first thought on reading it was "effing GENIUS!"  :beer:
Why not?  It is a distinctly different position than the one he occupied.  A representative cannot do that as he has to live in a another district, but a Senator is for the entire state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington