Author Topic: Immigration Attorney: Sanctuary Cities Are ‘Political Fiction’  (Read 724 times)

rangerrebew

Immigration Attorney: Sanctuary Cities Are ‘Political Fiction’
Posted By Charlie Hoffmann On January 27, 2017 @ 7:51 am In Issues | No Comments

Immigration attorney Francisco Hernandez described sanctuary cities as “political fiction” and laughed when presented with a map of such cities throughout the United States during an appearance on Fox News Thursday night.

Ed Henry filled in as a guest host on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” and challenged the Forth Worth immigration attorney about his views on sanctuary cities.

To start the interview, Henry asked Hernandez how he could believe that there are no sanctuary cities in America despite numerous mayors proclaiming their jurisdictions as such.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/immigration-attorney-sanctuary-cities-political-fiction/

Offline skeeter

Re: Immigration Attorney: Sanctuary Cities Are ‘Political Fiction’
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:04:21 pm »
This attorney was clearly delighted with the prospect of the boom in business Trump's policies will mean to him.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: Immigration Attorney: Sanctuary Cities Are ‘Political Fiction’
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:38:43 pm »
This attorney was clearly delighted with the prospect of the boom in business Trump's policies will mean to him.

:beer:

Yep, there's good money in taking advantage of the uneducated.

-------

Here in Austin we have a new police chief, who has announced she will not follow the law and work with the Feds with regard to illegals.  Austin's police budget is about $ 196 million and $ 1.8 million comes from the state.  But not anymore since the governor is withholding that money now.  Things have been escalating and now the governor is going after her job.  Should be interesting, Rick Perry tried the same thing with the head of a state agency.

Separately, a judge has ruled San Francisco cannot be sued for being partially responsible when an illegal commits a felony such as murder (the Kate Steinle case).  The judge stated that the sheriff did not violate state or federal law by prohibiting his deputies from notifying immigration officials when an inmate is released.  I'm assuming the ruling will be appealed.

I mention all of this due to the ongoing battle of government entities: Feds vs State vs Local.  Whether people realize it or not there's been more than a few Constitutional Crisis develop over the past few decades, but especially the past 8 years.  And with the exception of marijuana laws the media has been largely silent.  But now that the shoe is on the other foot I doubt the media will be silent much longer.  Bottom line - we're headed for a showdown.