Author Topic: NY State: Westchester Residents Say Nazi Literature, Confederate Flag Items Were Sold At Gun Show  (Read 1739 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Westchester Residents Say Nazi Literature, Confederate Flag Items Were Sold At Gun Show

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — In Westchester County, some residents said controversial and offensive items were sold this past weekend at a gun show that is controversial unto itself.

As CBS2’s Jessica Borg reported, some residents said Nazi propaganda was being pushed at this weekend’s gun show – and now a battle is brewing over pictures taken there.

“It’s actually sickening,” said Stephanie Frankel, a New Rochelle resident and mother of two.

Frankel said she is furious over pictures that show books apparently being sold at the gun show this past weekend at the Westchester County Center in White Plains.

“You have ‘Mein Kampf;’ you have ‘Hitler’s Letters and Notes;’ ‘I Was Hitler’s Chauffeur,’” Frankel said.

Continued: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/01/24/westchester-gun-show-nazi-literature/

Offline Frank Cannon

This is exactly what I thought was the deal....

Oliva said he was at the gun show, and did not see anything racist or anti-Semitic being sold.

“I saw beef jerky, belts, firearms, hats, but I did not see the book,” Oliva said.

He says the close-ups of the books that have been circulating could have been taken anywhere.

“It could’ve been from a local public library, because you can go to any Westchester County library today to get these books out,” he said. “I mean, they are historical books.”

Faked pics and a bunch of phony outraged Libs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, I'm not sure I believe this.

Offline endicom

White Plains has people of all types. This wouldn't have gone unnoticed by all but one with a camera.

HonestJohn

I saw this quite a bit when I lived in Tennessee back in the 80s. (at the gun shows)

That, and belt buckle guns. 

Online mountaineer

Interesting how people are so outraged over the possible existence of a copy of "Mein Kampf." Has it been banned from libraries, I wonder? Mr. M and I are interested in history and have a copy. I tried reading it, just to try to understand how anyone could have bought into Hitler's beliefs, but never have gotten past the first few paragraphs. It's so incoherent, like someone ate a dictionary and threw up. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Interesting how people are so outraged over the possible existence of a copy of "Mein Kampf." Has it been banned from libraries, I wonder? Mr. M and I are interested in history and have a copy. I tried reading it, just to try to understand how anyone could have bought into Hitler's beliefs, but never have gotten past the first few paragraphs. It's so incoherent, like someone ate a dictionary and threw up.

I remember when my kids were small a little friend and her mother came over for a bit.  I heard later that she was horrified because I had a "nazi book" on my book shelf: The Rise And Fall Of The Third Riech", Shirer.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Sanguine

I do, I've run into it here in Tampa gun shows.   Took my Asian wife with me one time.   Tried to buy some ammo and the guy went to the other end of his booth and wouldn't even talk to me.   I figured out what the issue was when the skinny dirty guy across the aisle gave a nazi salute and said seig heil.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:09:38 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mountaineer

My father brought home from Japan a rifle from his service in WWII and I bought the wrong ammo for it. Anyone want a box of "7.7x58 JAP" for an Arisaka type 99? Turns out it was an Arisaka 38. Who knew?

I hope the folks in Westchester don't get too upset over it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:15:20 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I love buying Confederate flag stuff at gun shows.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It could be banned. Tom Sawyer was (unless you got the Bowdlerized version).

At some shows, a firearm inevitably shows up with a eagle and swastika proof mark on the action. Did they protest that? How about the formerly Soviet arms?

As for Confederate Battle Flag items, Well, down south you can get stuff with the Yankee flag on it, so I reckon turnabout is fair play. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When I worked in White Plains for 6 years, my little red Toyota pickup had a confederate license plate on the front end as CT did not require a plate on front.

Even got a few smiles from folks as I drove by.

Never had any problems on the hour drive back and forth and now it appears to be a sin to possess one.

Talk about trampling history into the ground to pacify a few.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington