Author Topic: Advocate of ending U.S. birthright citizenship may be joining Trump administration  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Advocate of ending U.S. birthright citizenship may be joining Trump administration

By Spencer S. Hsu 

January 26 at 8:55 AM ?

A prominent advocate of ending U.S. birthright citizenship is in line to join the Trump administration in an immigration-related position at the Department of Homeland Security, according to two former U.S. officials informed of transition changes by department personnel.

Jon D. Feere has been a legal policy analyst for the Center for Immigration Studies, a conservative group that calls for added immigration restrictions.

Reached Tuesday by a Washington Post reporter, Feere said, “I’m in between jobs. That’s all I can say right now. I can’t confirm anything” about accounts circulating among some current and former DHS officials that he would join the department in an immigration enforcement post.

Feere, 37, testified before the House Judiciary subcommittee on immigration in 2015 and has written several opinion pieces, including an August 2015 article in TheHill.com, proposing alternatives to a constitutional amendment by which Congress could enact a law or President Trump could issue an executive order denying citizenship, U.S. passports or Social Security numbers to American-born children of people in the country illegally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/advocate-of-ending-us-birthright-citizenship-may-be-joining-trump-administration/2017/01/26/fc05d772-e32e-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?ref=yfp&utm_term=.5ad44dfe319f

Yes, to me this is the bigly one!  Pregnant women running across the border to promptly get a free delivery at the Hospital.  Then to have an anchor.  An American born baby.

I have said this so many times.  That is not an American baby.  First the mother is not a citizen and is actually a criminal.  Second if someone is visiting this country and goes into labor early they do not claim citizenship for their child.  No the child is a citizen of the country of which they will go home to.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent!  No time like the present!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Sounds fine to me.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Second if someone is visiting this country and goes into labor early they do not claim citizenship for their child.  No the child is a citizen of the country of which they will go home to.

That's how it is in the rest of the world.

Friend of mine actually had that problem - he was working in the US on a six month secondment, his pregnant wife came out to visit and wound up going into labor early (just under 8 months along, she was). Mike had to physically restrain the hospital registrar from registering their daughter as a US citizen.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That's how it is in the rest of the world.

Friend of mine actually had that problem - he was working in the US on a six month secondment, his pregnant wife came out to visit and wound up going into labor early (just under 8 months along, she was). Mike had to physically restrain the hospital registrar from registering their daughter as a US citizen.  :shrug:

Which is wrong of course.  The 14th Amendment has been misconstrued.

By/ Byron Pitts/ CBS/ April 7, 2008, 6:34 PM

Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense

It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.

She gave birth to a healthy, 8 1/2 pound baby boy - born in America. His Mexican mother gave him an American name: Eliot.

Eliot is one of an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

That's because those babies can eventually sponsor their parents - when they turn 21 years old.

As for Eliot's mother, no longer as fearful of deportation, she told CBS News her name, Fabiola, and her story.

"So your son is an American citizen. What does that mean to you?" Pitts asked.

"I am very glad that he was born. That's why I came here - so my children, my husband and I could have a better life," she said through a translator.

Back in December, when she was six months pregnant, Fabiola, her husband and their two daughters - ages 4 and 11 - crossed the Rio Grande from Mexico into the U.S.

Once on the other side of the river they walked for two hours in search of a better life and free medical care for their unborn child.

-End excerpt click link for the rest of the story

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-immigrant-births-at-your-expense/

Not Hard to Read 14th Amendment As Not Requiring Birthright Citizenship -- and Nothing Odd About Supporting Such a Reading

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/422714/not-hard-read-14th-amendment-not-requiring-birthright-citizenship-and-nothing-odd

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:32:55 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
I am a supporter of Meritocracy.  Service brings citizenship.

Serve 2 years active duty military or 4 years in the guard or reserves etc....  Can also allow for state service for state troopers, police fire etc.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Which is wrong of course.  The 14th Amendment has been misconstrued.

Completely and purposefully!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Advocate of ending U.S. birthright citizenship may be joining Trump administration

"Birthright Citizenship"  meaning "Jus Soli"  citizenship was never valid.   It is only through misunderstanding the 1898 Wong Kim Ark decision that this was ever thought to be valid in the first place.   

Non-citizens having children in the United States do not make US Citizens.   The Author of the 14th amendment (the amendment upon which a lot of this nonsense is based)  specifically excluded the children of aliens from being citizens in his oratory on the subject before Congress. 

We don't actually need to pass a new law,  we need to clarify the facts behind the current incorrect interpretation of existing law. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"Birthright Citizenship"  meaning "Jus Soli"  citizenship was never valid.   It is only through misunderstanding the 1898 Wong Kim Ark decision that this was ever thought to be valid in the first place.   

Non-citizens having children in the United States do not make US Citizens.   The Author of the 14th amendment (the amendment upon which a lot of this nonsense is based)  specifically excluded the children of aliens from being citizens in his oratory on the subject before Congress. 

We don't actually need to pass a new law,  we need to clarify the facts behind the current incorrect interpretation of existing law.

Yep!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Diogenes wrote:
'"Birthright Citizenship"  meaning "Jus Soli"  citizenship was never valid.   It is only through misunderstanding the 1898 Wong Kim Ark decision that this was ever thought to be valid in the first place.'

This will have to go before The Court again, eventually.

But -- not until we have at least TWO new conservative justices seated...