Author Topic: Trump: Military more important than balanced budget  (Read 2187 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump: Military more important than balanced budget
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 02:49:01 pm »
The military is more important than a balanced budget- but it is also far too important to continue to allow crucial decisions about weapons procurement and personnel to be made by Congress. Those decisions ought to be made by the Joint Chiefs and other senior military officials based upon multi-year projections, global threat assessments and the operational requirements of the respective branches of our military.

The current system is, and has for generations now been colored by disgraceful amounts of waste, fraud and abuse, as congressmen have lined up to their pockets with donations from contractors and their lobbyists.

:beer:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 02:49:50 pm »
How many realize that all presidential travel is charged to the Pentagon.

:seeya: Oh! oh! oh! me! me! me! ...pick me!!!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 03:09:51 pm »
Nations can bankrupt themselves spending on the military just as much as they can on social welfare programs.

I'm not opposed to having a strong, updated military. But I'm not on  board with running up huge deficits and adding trillions more to the debt to do it.

You sound like one of them doggone "Peacenick's"!  I bet your mother was a hippie flower child and your father a commy pinko! :chairbang:

J/K.   You make a good point.  Looks like @txradioguy is a hawk on defense...today

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »
You sound like one of them doggone "Peacenick's"!  I bet your mother was a hippie flower child and your father a commy pinko! :chairbang:

J/K.   You make a good point.  Looks like @txradioguy is a hawk on defense...today

@Wingnut

All day everyday when it comes to the military.  I'm a child of the Cold War.  And I'm a firm believer in Reagan's "Peace Through Strength" theory.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 03:18:52 pm »
How to pay for it? Simple, and with minimal up front cost.

No one seems to realize just how wasteful military spending is. Something like 50% of the operational budget is basically thrown away. Purchases that will be stored until they need to be scrapped.

Stop that nonsense. Hire someone who actually understands logistics - someone from Amazon maybe. Customise orders for spares and consumables - no more of the "Same again, Joe" approach which leads to massive waste. Pay attention to actual needs, not paper needs.

On the procurement front - PUT PENALTIES IN THE DAMNED CONTRACTS! Stop cost over runs - "Uncle Sam will pay it anyway" is not a valid pricing option for the purchaser.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 03:22:21 pm »
How to pay for it? Simple, and with minimal up front cost.

No one seems to realize just how wasteful military spending is. Something like 50% of the operational budget is basically thrown away. Purchases that will be stored until they need to be scrapped.

Stop that nonsense. Hire someone who actually understands logistics - someone from Amazon maybe. Customise orders for spares and consumables - no more of the "Same again, Joe" approach which leads to massive waste. Pay attention to actual needs, not paper needs.

On the procurement front - PUT PENALTIES IN THE DAMNED CONTRACTS! Stop cost over runs - "Uncle Sam will pay it anyway" is not a valid pricing option for the purchaser.

You would have thought the debacle that was the Sgt. York AA gun would have been enough of a wake up call to stop fraud waste and abuse.

But here we are.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:23:49 pm by txradioguy »