Author Topic: Libs Who Want To Move To Canada Blocked By Its Strict Immigration Policies  (Read 965 times)

rangerrebew

Libs Who Want To Move To Canada Blocked By Its Strict Immigration Policies
Photo of Luke Rosiak
Luke Rosiak
Investigative Reporter
10:09 PM 01/26/2017

A boy looks at U.S. workers building a section of the U.S.-Mexico border wall at Sunland Park, U.S. opposite the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. REUTERS/Jose Luis Gonzalez   A boy looks at U.S. workers building a section of the U.S.-Mexico border wall at Sunland Park, U.S. opposite the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. REUTERS/Jose Luis Gonzalez

Liberals seeking to move to Canada because they are unhappy with the election results are finding that Canada won’t take them because its immigration policies exclude those who won’t contribute to the economy.

One of the policies of President Donald Trump that has some Democrats claiming they want to jump ship is his pledge to limit immigration from people whose lives in America would be dependent on welfare. Trump promises “extreme vetting” before accepting immigrants or refugees.

But Democrats looking to move from the U.S. to Australia, Canada and other wealthy English-speaking nations are learning that those nations already have similar policies.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/26/libs-who-want-to-move-to-canada-blocked-by-its-strict-immigration-policies/#ixzz4WyRash6O

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Always makes me laugh when some idiot says "If X happens, I'll move to Y!"

What the hell makes them think they'll be let in? It's a subset of the snowflake phenomenon.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goatprairie

I think the Canadians have laws against trash and garbage being transported across their border. Not enough room in their landfills to allow for the garbage from Hollyweird. And Canada is a pretty large country.

Offline Applewood

I have friends and family who said they would move to Canada if Trump was elected. Haven't heard any more from them on the subject lately.

Another thing to consider is how expensive it is to live in these countries.  I know for example that Canada has heavy sales taxes on just about everything, which fund their "free" health care, among other things.  Sure, these countries might be beautiful and their political system may align with your political beliefs, but they aren't utopias.  You can go broke quickly living in these countries.

rangerrebew

I think the strict immigration policies are poetic justice for our liberal friends who think ours are too strict. :silly:

Offline Norm Lenhart

I have friends and family who said they would move to Canada if Trump was elected. Haven't heard any more from them on the subject lately.

Another thing to consider is how expensive it is to live in these countries.  I know for example that Canada has heavy sales taxes on just about everything, which fund their "free" health care, among other things.  Sure, these countries might be beautiful and their political system may align with your political beliefs, but they aren't utopias.  You can go broke quickly living in these countries.

On some of the RPG/Computer Gaming sites I visit, there is a large EU readerbase. Occasionally they go off on how evil America is for wanting to get rid of Barrycare. Not unusual either is that they scream bloody murder when a new high end graphics card comes out and it's over $1500-2000.

Then they bitch about how unfair it is Americans only pay about 3/4 of that.

When you make the connection for them as to why, they defend their taxation to the ends of the earth and blame evil corporations for 'making' govt add VAT and other taxes.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I'll foot the bill for a free subscription if they promise to go.