Author Topic: White House press secretary says border wall will be funded by 20% import tax on Mexican goods  (Read 13462 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@Cyber Liberty

How horrible!  I've heard accounts of what people who live near the border have to endure.  What a sickening waste of life.

People who don't have a clue about your own personal situation are the ones who like to do the lecturing.

@CatherineofAragon,  Actually, the man bun guys will tell you that their not having a clue makes them more qualified than you to make these policy decisions because they are unbiased by their ignorance.  Untainted by bigotry-causing experience.  I wish, ever so much, that I were shitting you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon,  Actually, the man bun guys will tell you that their not having a clue makes them more qualified than you to make these policy decisions because they are unbiased by their ignorance.  Untainted by bigotry-causing experience.  I wish, ever so much, that I were shitting you.

@Cyber Liberty

Oh, I know you aren't.  I've had similar experiences.

In my case, they've come from people who have transplanted down here (to Virginia) from other parts of the country, who have uninformed opinions about "Southern racism."  They know all about it, or they think they do. 

The truth is that we're all Southerners...skin color doesn't matter to us.  We all get along fine.  But to hear other, more enlightened folks talk, you'd think we have black people chained up in the basement.

I've seen one racial incident in my life so far.  It was in a doctor's office.  Some old fat guy got into an argument with a black lady and yelled that she "ought to go back to Africa."

He had a New York/Jersey accent. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Cyber Liberty

Oh, I know you aren't.  I've had similar experiences.

In my case, they've come from people who have transplanted down here (to Virginia) from other parts of the country, who have uninformed opinions about "Southern racism."  They know all about it, or they think they do. 

The truth is that we're all Southerners...skin color doesn't matter to us.  We all get along fine.  But to hear other, more enlightened folks talk, you'd think we have black people chained up in the basement.

I've seen one racial incident in my life so far.  It was in a doctor's office.  Some old fat guy got into an argument with a black lady and yelled that she "ought to go back to Africa."

He had a New York/Jersey accent.

I have a black friend whom I have known all my life. We were in town one day for something and walked into the middle of a discussion about race relations being conducted between two fellows who were relative newcomers to the South. My friend was passingly acquainted with one of them and somehow got dragged into the conversation. He promptly ended it by simply saying that his recollection was that there was only one dipper in that water bucket at the end of the row.   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:13:06 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a black friend whom I have known all my life. We were in town one day for something and in to the middle of a discussion about race relations being conducted between two fellows who were relative newcomers to the South. My friend was passingly acquainted with one of them and somehow got dragged into the conversation. He promptly ended it by simply saying that his recollection was that there was only one dipper in that water bucket at the end of the row.

What wisdom!   :amen:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

I have a black friend whom I have known all my life. We were in town one day for something and in to the middle of a discussion about race relations being conducted between two fellows who were relative newcomers to the South. My friend was passingly acquainted with one of them and somehow got dragged into the conversation. He promptly ended it by simply saying that his recollection was that there was only one dipper in that water bucket at the end of the row.

@Bigun

Simple, to the point, and very true.