Author Topic: Scientists Plan March on Washington  (Read 1472 times)

Offline endicom

Scientists Plan March on Washington
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:13:00 pm »
Watts Up With That
Eric Worrall
Jan. 25, 2017

Excerpt:

But look at climate science specifically. 30 years and climate scientists are no closer to closing the joke size range of their climate sensitivity estimate. Worse, there is substantial evidence climate scientists are ignoring indications that most of their climate sensitivity estimates are way too high.

If sanitary workers go on strike the effect is immediate and brutal, but climate scientists could walk off the job for a decade, and the only consequence to ordinary people would be a slightly smaller tax bill.

More... https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/01/25/scientists-plan-march-on-washington/

Counter-protesters are set to release polar bears in their midst.

Silver Pines

Re: Scientists Plan March on Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:50:30 pm »
"The march would be the latest in a string of actions taken by scientists following Donald Trump’s election and his inauguration as president. His administration has been widely viewed as hostile to science — from the transition period through hearings for his cabinet nominees through silencing key federal science agencies and freezing grants.

“This is not a partisan issue. People from all parts of the political spectrum should be alarmed by these efforts to deny scientific progress,” Caroline Weinberg, a medical researcher who is helping organize the march, said. “Scientific research moves us forward and we should not allow asinine policies to thwart it.”

Asinine unscientific policies----like the idea that men and women can change their sexes at will, regardless of DNA? 

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:55:53 pm »

So marching for left wing enviro-whacko causes will make us cool guys and get chicks, huh?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:57:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:56:44 pm »
Ask Tarts for Trump (or whatever they called themselves) to counter march. In a showdown between climate scientists and hookers, I know where my money lays.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 04:02:29 pm »
It's all about the Benjamin's.  The climate change grant money gravy train is leaving the station. 
Dry up the funding and these white smocked liberal beaker breakers of academia will have to get real jobs.

Burger King is hiring.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »
It's all about the Benjamin's.  The climate change grant money gravy train is leaving the station. 
Dry up the funding and these white smocked liberal beaker breakers of academia will have to get real jobs.

Not all about the money but you're not wrong.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 04:13:59 pm »

Burger King is hiring.

You bet your ass it is.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 07:38:36 pm »

Not all about the money but you're not wrong.

It fits my narrative!  I'm like the MSN.  Biased. :beer:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 07:41:04 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 08:00:39 pm »

So marching for left wing enviro-whacko causes will make us cool guys and get chicks, huh?
In other words, "Nerds on Parade"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 10:51:20 pm »
"The march would be the latest in a string of actions taken by scientists following Donald Trump’s election and his inauguration as president. His administration has been widely viewed as hostile to science — from the transition period through hearings for his cabinet nominees through silencing key federal science agencies and freezing grants.

“This is not a partisan issue. People from all parts of the political spectrum should be alarmed by these efforts to deny scientific progress,” Caroline Weinberg, a medical researcher who is helping organize the march, said. “Scientific research moves us forward and we should not allow asinine policies to thwart it.”

Asinine unscientific policies----like the idea that men and women can change their sexes at will, regardless of DNA?
These "scientists" seem to think that anything can be changed.

As if the positive-feedback loop of melting permafrost and increased methane—the primary culprit in the increased warmth at the North Pole as of late, which in turn is the primary driver of the entire increase in global temperatures—can be stopped with even the most draconian restrictions on carbon dioxide emissions. If they truly wanted to stop the warming, it'd take some form of mass particulate shielding (such as setting off a volcano if one could be found in the Arctic) to blot out the sunlight long enough for the methane to filter back out of the atmosphere.

These "scientists" need to take an honest, hard look at the complex science behind atmospheric warming before falling for the useless "solutions" of demagogues.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:37 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 11:04:57 pm »
@Frank Cannon I like science.

I forgot how hot Kelly Lebrock was.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 11:09:37 pm »
She made 80's hair look good.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 04:53:32 pm »
These "scientists" seem to think that anything can be changed.

As if the positive-feedback loop of melting permafrost and increased methane—the primary culprit in the increased warmth at the North Pole as of late, which in turn is the primary driver of the entire increase in global temperatures—can be stopped with even the most draconian restrictions on carbon dioxide emissions. If they truly wanted to stop the warming, it'd take some form of mass particulate shielding (such as setting off a volcano if one could be found in the Arctic) to blot out the sunlight long enough for the methane to filter back out of the atmosphere.

These "scientists" need to take an honest, hard look at the complex science behind atmospheric warming before falling for the useless "solutions" of demagogues.

@jmyrlefuller

It's JMO, but I believe that a combination of believing we can achieve utopian conditions and (misplaced) confidence in the ability of human beings to control the very weather are the problems.  Or, put more simply, totally secular liberal arrogance.