Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Tiffany Trump Is Currently Registered to Vote in Two States  (Read 1553 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HEAT STREET

URL: http://heatst.com/politics/exclusive-tiffany-trump-is-currently-registered-to-vote-in-two-states/?mod=sm_tw_post

Jillian Kay Melchior

Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he would request an investigation into voter fraud, “including those registered to vote in two states.” But the new president’s own daughter Tiffany Trump is registered to vote in both Pennsylvania and New York, Heat Street has learned.

I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and….

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 25, 2017

Even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time). Depending on results, we will strengthen up voting procedures!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 25, 2017

“There is nothing illegal about that,” said Fred Voigt, the deputy election commissioner for Philadelphia. “The illegality only occurs if one votes in two places, not if you’re registered in both.”

Tiffany Trump lived in Philadelphia while attending the University of Pennsylvania, graduating in May. Voigt said it was “very common for college students to be registered both where they live and where they go to school.”

According to public records, Tiffany Trump cast her vote in November in New York City and did not vote in Pennsylvania.

The spokeswoman for the New York City Board of Elections also confirmed that there was no legal problem with Tiffany Trump registering as a voter in both states.

In addition to Tiffany Trump, senior White House adviser Steve Bannon is also registered to vote in both Florida and New York, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Bannon cast his absentee ballot in New York in November.

Might be something for the Trump Administration to look into if it wants to crack down on people registering in multiple states.

geronl

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Tiffany Trump Is Currently Registered to Vote in Two States
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:03:28 pm »
Test case.

Make her an example, Donald! Show us how to treat these criminals!

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:09:46 pm »
The problem here is more one of coordination than fraud.  I'm sure that lots of people who have moved are now registered in several places.  Again, the fix for this is more aggressive coordination, and most likely, some form of reliable national identity card. 

geronl

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:12:41 pm »
The problem here is more one of coordination than fraud.  I'm sure that lots of people who have moved are now registered in several places.  Again, the fix for this is more aggressive coordination, and most likely, some form of reliable national identity card.

No need for a fascist national ID card

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 09:14:28 pm »

Exactly....my sister and bil have two homes..one in Fla and one in Chicago....are registered in both and vote only in Fla...which they have declared that Fla is their primary residence...they have asked to be removed from Il's voting rolls but as of Nov 8th they were still on it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:43 pm »
Registered in two states?

Meh.

Nothingburger.

Now if she had actually voted in both states she was registered - well, seeing as the Trumps were lifelong Democrats - this would surprise anyone…..how?

And if they were still Democrats - voting multiple times in different wards, counties, precincts and states is perfectly legal, and acceptable.  It would be racist of us to bring it up.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:17:45 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »
We moved 1/4 mile from our old house same road and still own both homes and I am registered at both addresses. never got around to terminating first address.

Of course living in a town of less than 400 people everyone at the polling place knows you and who you plan on voting for.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 09:17:22 pm »
I hate fake news type headlines.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 09:20:36 pm »
I hate fake news type headlines.

The Trumplord demanded a MAJOR (as opposed to regular) investigation into vote fraud and those registered in more than one state.

Well, we now have poster children.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:22:53 pm »
If I move from one state to another I know it is wise to notify certain entities in both states.

Trouble is most agencies don't cross communicate.  So even if I notify the post office, state comptroller and the dog catcher the odds are no one shares that info with anyone else. And odds are that I missed whoever the hell handles voter registration checking.

Now toss in the fact that the 3 agencies I mentioned above are federal, state and local.  You can bet good money they don't share databases.  On the other hand if I mentioned I was moving on Facebook then the whole world would know.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:35 pm »
SOURCE: HEAT STREET

URL: http://heatst.com/politics/exclusive-tiffany-trump-is-currently-registered-to-vote-in-two-states/?mod=sm_tw_post

Jillian Kay Melchior

Donald Trump announced Wednesday that he would request an investigation into voter fraud, “including those registered to vote in two states.” But the new president’s own daughter Tiffany Trump is registered to vote in both Pennsylvania and New York, Heat Street has learned.

“There is nothing illegal about that,” said Fred Voigt, the deputy election commissioner for Philadelphia. “The illegality only occurs if one votes in two places, not if you’re registered in both.”

Tiffany Trump lived in Philadelphia while attending the University of Pennsylvania, graduating in May. Voigt said it was “very common for college students to be registered both where they live and where they go to school.”

According to public records, Tiffany Trump cast her vote in November in New York City and did not vote in Pennsylvania.

The spokeswoman for the New York City Board of Elections also confirmed that there was no legal problem with Tiffany Trump registering as a voter in both states.

In addition to Tiffany Trump, senior White House adviser Steve Bannon is also registered to vote in both Florida and New York, according to the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Bannon cast his absentee ballot in New York in November.

Might be something for the Trump Administration to look into if it wants to crack down on people registering in multiple states.

This is not particularly troubling to me.  I lived in 5 states in less than 10 years.  Registered in all 5.  With each new registry, a cancellation of the previous is to take place.  I have no way of knowing the cancellation took place. 

I could be misguided.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 09:29:04 pm »
This is not particularly troubling to me.  I lived in 5 states in less than 10 years.  Registered in all 5.  With each new registry, a cancellation of the previous is to take place.  I have no way of knowing the cancellation took place. 

I could be misguided.

Geez, what a waste.  You had all those votes and you only used one.  :silly:

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 09:31:12 pm »

I could be misguided.

It did for me this past oct..  when I reg'd to vote in FL.... about two weeks later TX sent me a notice I was no longer reg'd to vote in TX.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 06:53:46 am »
Why do dead people vote exclusively Democratic?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 07:23:15 am »
Why do dead people vote exclusively Democratic?

Because brain dead people always vote Rat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 07:26:31 am »
No need for a fascist national ID card

You mean like this?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 12:13:35 pm »
Yeah I'm not sure how we fix this stuff without some sort of national registry of some kind. I know people don't like a "fascistic" voter ID card, but without it the voting system is chaotic. Nowadays with mail in ballots, early voting, the potential for massive fraud is way easier.