Author Topic: Trump Poised to Lift Ban on C.I.A. ‘Black Site’ Prisons  (Read 864 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Poised to Lift Ban on C.I.A. ‘Black Site’ Prisons
« on: January 25, 2017, 06:18:20 pm »
Trump Poised to Lift Ban on C.I.A. ‘Black Site’ Prisons
By CHARLIE SAVAGE

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is preparing a sweeping executive order that would clear the way for the Central Intelligence Agency to reopen overseas “black site” prisons, like those where it detained and tortured terrorism suspects before former President Obama shut them down.

President Trump’s three-page draft order, titled “Detention and Interrogation of Enemy Combatants,” and obtained by The New York Times would also undo many of the other restrictions on handling detainees that Mr. Obama put in place in response to policies of the Bush administration.

If Mr. Trump signs the draft order, he would also revoke Mr. Obama’s directive to give the International Committee of the Red Cross access to all wartime detainees in American custody – another step toward reopening secret prisons outside of the normal wartime rules established by the Geneva Conventions.

Continued: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-poised-to-lift-ban-on-cia-%E2%80%98black-site%E2%80%99-prisons/ar-AAmenXv?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Trump Poised to Lift Ban on C.I.A. ‘Black Site’ Prisons
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:29:20 pm »
Wot, no comments?

I know people tend to ignore the World News section, but sheesh.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:42 pm »
I, for one, don't have any problem with this.  Do you?

There are very bad people trying to kill us.  They know things.   We need to get them to tell us.

Loud music, sleep deprivation...and yes, waterboarding, when necessary.   Whatever it takes to protect our troops and citizens.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:33:18 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:45:35 pm »

I have ZERO problem with this.  If we had to torture just one terrorist to death, to save a single American life, it would be worth it.

I endured worse than waterboarding, during college fraternity pledge hell week. And we thought nothing of it.

We have become a nation of snowflakes and crybabies.

*some of the information used to track down and kill bin Laden, came from extreme interrogation. Obama, McCain and Powell didn't tell you that, now did the biased media.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:07 pm »
Wot, no comments?

I know people tend to ignore the World News section, but sheesh.

No problem at all here. It does give Trump another plus on my scorecard though. Good on him.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 12:29:18 am »
It's okay with me, people that behead, stone and incinerate people don't deserve anything less.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 01:19:56 am »
White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters Wednesday that an alleged draft executive order titled “Detention and Interrogation of Enemy Combatants” “is not a White House document.” “I have no idea where it came from,” stressed Spicer.

Various mainstream media outlets, including the New York Times (NYT) and the Washington Post (WaPo), published the contents of this document, suggesting it was a legitimate draft from White House officials.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/01/25/fake-news-white-house-says-no-idea-detention-interrogation-doc-obtained-mainstream-media-came/

Maybe, maybe not?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 01:21:27 am »
It's the CIA.  I prefer to let them be covert and not let me know what they're doing over there.  Just do the job and do what needs doing to save lives.

There ya go!    888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 01:26:39 am »
This is fake news. Spicer exposed it already.....

"I’m having a hard time..you’re asking me if a document that’s not a White House document was seen [by the President]," Spicer said. "To the best of my knowledge [Trump] has not seen it."

"I’m not going to answer a hypothetical question about a document that’s floating around," Spicer said in response to whether Trump was considering reopening black sites, despite that the document cited by WaPo is not from the White House, according to Spicer.

https://sputniknews.com/us/201701251050009454-washington-post-cia-fake-news/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 02:17:17 am »
Maybe, maybe not?

More fake news from the msm?