Author Topic: Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group  (Read 6058 times)

Online dfwgator

Re: Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 07:08:51 pm »
Here's my question.  What would they do differently than Trump has so far?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 07:09:56 pm »
They are not using Marxist talking points.

Nothing but lies, from the Trump Liars Front

If lies means getting more tangible stuff done in a week than Bush could muster in a year, than let him lie away.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 07:23:59 pm »
If lies means getting more tangible stuff done in a week than Bush could muster in a year, than let him lie away.

Yeah, for all the stupid stuff he says, he's getting an awful lot of good stuff done.  It's bizarre and unprecedented, but it's actually working so far.

Political observation of the year Salena Zito in the Atlantic:  "The press take him literally, but not seriously.  His supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

geronl

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:26 pm »
In a nutshell
-----

"I think the Constitution is..."

"Trump basher!!"

"Let's just be honest..."

"Trump bashing!"

"The truth is..."

"Anti-Trump! hater!"

"I think we can all agree..."

"He's partnering with the left now!"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:35:11 pm by geronl »

Offline CSM

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2017, 07:44:36 pm »

They envision their new group as a home for conservative grassroots opposition to Trump, but plan to partner with activists on the left who share their concerns about the threat they believe Trump poses to the Constitution, equality and liberty.

Hmm, I am not sure of the context of the statement of partnering with the left, so I won't argue your point.

However, as I think about it, I would be willing to partner with members of the left, IF I could get them to understand that their "fear" of President Trump is actually a reason to reduce the size and power of government.  Perhaps that "fear" could motivate some on the left to realize that they would not have anything to "fear" if the government didn't rule over them with such strength!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
Political observation of the year Salena Zito in the Atlantic:  "The press take him literally, but not seriously.  His supporters take him seriously, but not literally."

His detractors on the left (and the dwindling #nevertrump right) seem to be doing the same old things over and over, expecting different results.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 07:54:32 pm »
Hmm, I am not sure of the context of the statement of partnering with the left, so I won't argue your point.

However, as I think about it, I would be willing to partner with members of the left, IF I could get them to understand that their "fear" of President Trump is actually a reason to reduce the size and power of government.  Perhaps that "fear" could motivate some on the left to realize that they would not have anything to "fear" if the government didn't rule over them with such strength!

Oh, I could see some potential areas for partnership, most notably in the area of civil forfeitures.  But generally...I dunno.  The first ad had absolutely zero to do with the Constitution, and was simply an attack on Trump regarding Russia.  That ad is not consistent with an organization whose only purpose is to defend the Constitution.

geronl

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 07:55:17 pm »

The "plan to partner with the left" part is a bald-faced lie by the author.

Offline CSM

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 09:21:33 pm »
Oh, I could see some potential areas for partnership, most notably in the area of civil forfeitures.  But generally...I dunno.  The first ad had absolutely zero to do with the Constitution, and was simply an attack on Trump regarding Russia.  That ad is not consistent with an organization whose only purpose is to defend the Constitution.

I wasn't really opining about the activities of the group, just opining out loud about my own desire to use their "fear" of President Trump against their desire to expand gov't!  Sorry if I was confusing.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2017, 09:39:16 pm »
The "plan to partner with the left" part is a bald-faced lie by the author.

It's a bald-faced lie by the Washington Examiner, who McMullin favored with an exclusive interview about his new group?  Where is your evidence that they lied about what he said to them in that interview?  Anything?  Where's his denial/clarification?  You'd figure that if he's just starting up a new group, and the paper to which he just gave an exclusive interview had misrepresented his position, he'd try immediately to distance himself from it.

But all we have here is you, personally, saying that it is a lie.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:58:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2017, 09:56:45 pm »

Yup.  That nailed it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2017, 11:08:07 pm »
Maybe it's not personal when aimed at those of us whose moral fiber aren't deemed as high as others aka "piles of poop."

I suggest All Bran.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2017, 01:28:01 am »
 :beer:

That he is.

Mind, if they changed the toilets in the Capitol to pay toilets, the Dem's would pay off the national debt in a week at this rate.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink