Author Topic: Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group  (Read 6033 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:06 pm »
Major Martin asks excellent questions @geronl.  WHY didn't McMuffin form this group when Obama was taking a dump all over the Constitution?  Why now? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 10:07:42 pm »
The mission statement is to defend conservatism.

It's the old Senator Bernie Sanders that the Trumpers see as a partner.

The old Bernie Sanders that the "Trumpers" see as a partner???  Where are you coming up with this stuff??

Last time I checked, Donald J. Trump is our President; the campaign is OVER.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:08:07 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 10:28:30 pm »
Major Martin asks excellent questions @geronl.  WHY didn't McMuffin form this group when Obama was taking a dump all over the Constitution?  Why now?
Because no one had heard of him yet and he had no platform. If it weren't for the desperation of certain Republicans looking for ANYBODY to vote for not named Trump, he still wouldn't have a platform. Next question.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:15 pm »
Since when did liberals care about the Constitution, equality or liberty.  If Pres. the Donald had some kind of nefarious connection to Putin we would all know.  He would have tweeted it a long time ago.  He can't help himself. :silly:

They seem to care as much as the GOP does.  It just depends on whether they are in power or not.

geronl

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 10:41:17 pm »

he was busy, he didn't leave the CIA until 2010
In 2013, McMullin became a senior adviser on national security issues for the House Committee on Foreign Affairs for the 113th Congress.[17] In 2015, McMullin became the chief policy director of the House Republican Conference under Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.)

Back when Trump was still endorsing and funding Democrats.

It will be great to have a conservative group doing conservative things again!

geronl

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 10:41:53 pm »
Because no one had heard of him yet and he had no platform. If it weren't for the desperation of certain Republicans looking for ANYBODY to vote for not named Trump, he still wouldn't have a platform. Next question.

In 2013, McMullin became a senior adviser on national security issues for the House Committee on Foreign Affairs for the 113th Congress.[17] In 2015, McMullin became the chief policy director of the House Republican Conference under Chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.)

geronl

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:08 pm »
Last time I checked, Donald J. Trump is our President; the campaign is OVER.

and yet his campaign brown shirts continue marching and smearing.

Sanders said he looks forward to working with Trump on the trillion dollar "stimulus" slush fund
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:50:07 pm by geronl »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:22 pm »
and yet his campaign brown shirts continue marching.

Sanders said he looks forward to working with Trump on the trillion dollar "stimulus" slush fund

Ok ... to put things into perspective a bit ... the Secure Fence Act was passed by BOTH Houses of Congress 11 years ago.  Last time I checked "W" dropped the ball and Bammy did nothing.     Campaign brown shirts?? 

What "slush" fund exactly are you talking about??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 10:57:17 pm »
Campaign brown shirts?? 

What "slush" fund exactly are you talking about??

Maybe this explains some of the strangeness in this forum? http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=245495.new#new

geronl

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 11:00:18 pm »
Just because it's an out and out lie doesn't mean I should point it out.

I have been chastened not to disagree with my betters.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 11:58:51 pm »
Ya all know that McMuffin is just the filling the void of leadership for a massive number of Conservatives out there....

"A huge number of people on the right share those concerns — and they're valid concerns — and we believe someone needs to stand up for them. We need to do that in a constructive way."

I actually looked it up and found the exact "huge" number: 700,000 people (the number of votes this 5th place loser got)

That's about .5% of the 136+ million votes cast. HUUUUUUGGEEEEE movement McMuffin has behind him.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 12:04:45 am »

"Would you like some fries"?   "Anybody?"

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 12:13:11 am »
I actually looked it up and found the exact "huge" number: 700,000 people (the number of votes this 5th place loser got)

That's about .5% of the 136+ million votes cast. HUUUUUUGGEEEEE movement McMuffin has behind him.
Considering he only campaigned in one state... and he got 240,000 votes (over 20%) in that state alone despite not having a realistic chance of winning, that's not too bad.

But you can keep trying to tell those of us who are conservative and still don't like Trump we're insignificant over and over again. Your alternative facts mean nothing to me.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 12:31:43 am »
Considering he only campaigned in one state... and he got 240,000 votes (over 20%) in that state alone despite not having a realistic chance of winning, that's not too bad.

But you can keep trying to tell those of us who are conservative and still don't like Trump we're insignificant over and over again. Your alternative facts mean nothing to me.

I think the key words here are "despite not having a realistic chance of winning" ... with that being said then, did he jump into the race to defeat Trump or help Hillary?  I was never a Trump supporter, but helping Hillary into the White House was not an option for me; I consider myself a conservative.  Anyway you cut it, Trump's inauguration was first class, focused on the military, patriotism and the American people. No I cannot ignore or excuse his actions, words and behavior during the primaries.  I am looking at his actions so far on issues such as Israel, abortion and illegal immigration/border wall and IMHO the new sheriff in town isn't wasting any time. I am still optimistically cautious, but to have groups of people and individuals plotting against our newly elected President is absolutely dead wrong!  I see it as unpatriotic, chaotic and quite frankly irresponsible at this point in time. I see so far that the actions that he has taken as conservative.  Once he appoints a conservative justice (and I do believe he's in for a huuuge battle) I will be more optimistic.

At the same time, I've tried to put myself in the place of what my reaction would be if Hillary was in the oval office ... I keep coming up with the same answer ... I thank God that isn't reality, and I don't understand those who claim to be conservative not at least giving the guy who defeated her a chance!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:33 am »

Yeah. Sure thing. Hard numbers on votes casts is now an "alternative fact". Gotcha.

BTW Myrle, you better get that check off to the McMuffin Party. He has a mortgage payment coming up real soon and things have dried up a bit since Nov 8th.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 03:09:29 am »
BTW Myrle, you better get that check off to the McMuffin Party. He has a mortgage payment coming up real soon and things have dried up a bit since Nov 8th.
I've never handed money to any politician and I don't plan on starting now. He's still free to do as he pleases.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 05:19:00 am »
Unlike what the title says, this is not a Trump-bashing group. At that, they don't even mention Trump.
https://standuprepublic.com/about-us

Their group's call to action is to stand up for Constitutional principles.

If Trump's people take offense to this and take it personally, is that an admission that they know Trump opposes the Constitution or somehow finds supporting the Constitution offensive?

That they take this as a personal attack is very telling.

I smelled a fake news story right away.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 05:25:41 am »
I've never handed money to any politician and I don't plan on starting now. He's still free to do as he pleases.

Absolutely. And I am free to slam the hell out of this worthless loser.

Silver Pines

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 03:29:05 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

My husband and I donated to Ted Cruz's campaign, but it was the first time we ever gave to a politician.  It was probably the last.

I voted for McMullin.  He wasn't my ideal candidate, but I wasn't going to vote for Trump.  Voting my conscience was the right thing to do and I'd do it again, even if he ended up getting only my vote and my husband's.

But it's naive for him to ally himself with the left under the impression that they have any kind of respect or caring for the Constitution.  They don't.  As far as keeping an eye on Trump...hell, yes.  Every citizen ought to do that, just as they should with any politician.  They're accountable to us.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 04:15:02 pm »
I smelled a fake news story right away.

@NavyCanDo

I'm not sure what's fake about it.  Frankly, the most "fake" thing here was the post by @AbaraXas:

Unlike what the title says, this is not a Trump-bashing group. At that, they don't even mention Trump.  In fact, it appears to be as much about McMullin being ticked off at what Trump said about intelligence agencies as anything else.  It's a flat-out personal attack on Trump.

https://standuprepublic.com/about-us

Their group's call to action is to stand up for Constitutional principles.  If Trump's people take offense to this and take it personally, is that an admission that they know Trump opposes the Constitution or somehow finds supporting the Constitution offensive?  That they take this as a personal attack is very telling.

Here is the very first ad being run by McMullin's Stand Up Republic.  It doesn't mention the Constitution at all, and does nothing more than bash Trump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18i6uS536c

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:59:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 04:55:26 pm »
Here is the very first ad being run by McMullin's Stand Up Republic.  It doesn't mention the Constitution at all, and does nothing more than bash Trump.
And refers to the U.S. as a "democracy."  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jpsb

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 05:18:14 pm »
If Trump's people take offense to this and take it personally, is that an admission that they know Trump opposes the Constitution or somehow finds supporting the Constitution offensive?

That they take this as a personal attack is very telling.

@AbaraXas

Offline jpsb

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 05:25:03 pm »
Nothing in the quote or the linked article even hints at "partnering with the left"

Again

It's an out and out lie. Which is expected from vile piles of poop

This is obviously an anti-Trump group using Marxist talking points. one + one = two, it's an anti-American pro globalist pro progressive neocon group.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 05:26:49 pm »
It's an out and out lie. Which is expected from vile piles of poop
I thought you never engaged in personal attacks? /s

geronl

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:03 pm »
This is obviously an anti-Trump group using Marxist talking points. one + one = two, it's an anti-American pro globalist pro progressive neocon group.

They are not using Marxist talking points.

Nothing but lies, from the Trump Liars Front