Author Topic: Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group  (Read 6059 times)

Offline mountaineer

Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:05:39 pm »
Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group
Posted on January 25, 2017, 9:42 am by Keith Koffler
White House Dossier

Telling. He’ll be “partnering” with those on the left.

Former presidential candidate Evan McMullin and his running mate Mindy Finn will launch a new conservative group on Wednesday that’s opposed to President Trump, and will kick off the effort with a television advertisement questioning his connections to Russia, the Washington Examiner first reported.

“Stand Up Republic” is a new 501(c)4 political nonprofit organization. McMullin and Finn, both Republicans, waged a long-shot independent bid for president in 2016 to block Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton from winning 270 electoral votes, and throw the election to the House.

They envision their new group as a home for conservative grassroots opposition to Trump, but plan to partner with activists on the left who share their concerns about the threat they believe Trump poses to the Constitution, equality and liberty. Stand Up Republic’s first television spot questions Trump’s ties to Russian strongman Vladimir Putin, and suggests that the new president is hiding something and needs to come clean about his connections to Moscow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline beandog

Re: Evan McMullin to Form Trump-Bashing Group
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:24:14 pm »
What a putz.  22222frying pan

geronl

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:30:38 pm »
More fake news trying to disparage conservatives.

Edited. Stop the insults.  Last warning
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:03:48 pm by MOD8 »

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 05:36:37 pm »
   Someone needs to remind him, again, his 15 minutes are up. 

He should try to run for Senate, if he want's to make a difference, though Chaffetz would be a better replacement for Orin's seat, should he decide to not seek reelection in 2018.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline beandog

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:37:44 pm »
More fake news  trying to disparage conservatives.
So you know for a fact that he is not doing this.  If you do please post it so we all will know it't not true.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:06:46 pm by MOD8 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »
Looks like McMuffin finally found a grift to keep some cash in his pocket.....a fundraising site. This is good news. I was losing sleep that this loser might actually have to get a job.

https://standuprepublic.com/

geronl

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:30 pm »
He is doing this.

He is not "partnering with the left" which is just made up crap by the Trumpsucking author. Nothing in the tweets or on the StandUpRepublic site says they are partnering with the left. It does invite "all Americans".

We invite all Americans committed to these timeless truths to join us today in this hallowed cause.

Conservatives SHOULD all be ready to hold Trump accountable, that is a righteous thing.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 05:47:10 pm »
He is doing this.

He is not "partnering with the left" which is just made up crap by the Trumpsucking author. Nothing in the tweets or on the StandUpRepublic site says they are partnering with the left. It does invite "all Americans".

Conservatives SHOULD all be ready to hold Trump accountable, that is a righteous thing.

We invite all Americans committed to these timeless truths to join us fill our pockets with money today in this hallowed fraudulent cause.

There. Fixed it.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 05:52:19 pm »
Frank's on fire!  :silly:

geronl

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 05:54:01 pm »
Frank's on fire!  :silly:

I like the sound of that at least.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 06:15:58 pm »
We invite all Americans committed to these timeless truths to join us fill our pockets with money today in this hallowed fraudulent cause.

There. Fixed it.

OK, that right there made me laugh!
Let it burn.

Offline beandog

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »
Since when did liberals care about the Constitution, equality or liberty.  If Pres. the Donald had some kind of nefarious connection to Putin we would all know.  He would have tweeted it a long time ago.  He can't help himself. :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 06:23:34 pm »
Ah, the Trump caucus ridicule campaign continues. Bring it.

As for McMullin, go for it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 06:24:47 pm »
Unlike what the title says, this is not a Trump-bashing group. At that, they don't even mention Trump.
https://standuprepublic.com/about-us

Their group's call to action is to stand up for Constitutional principles.

If Trump's people take offense to this and take it personally, is that an admission that they know Trump opposes the Constitution or somehow finds supporting the Constitution offensive?

That they take this as a personal attack is very telling.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 06:44:42 pm »
Unlike what the title says, this is not a Trump-bashing group. At that, they don't even mention Trump.
https://standuprepublic.com/about-us

Their group's call to action is to stand up for Constitutional principles.

If Trump's people take offense to this and take it personally, is that an admission that they know Trump opposes the Constitution or somehow finds supporting the Constitution offensive?

That they take this as a personal attack is very telling.

You're right -- they don't say it's just about Trump.  But the timing of this group's founding pretty much seals the deal.  Why wasn't McMullin interested in forming such a conservative group when Obama was President?  Why less than a week after Trump takes office?  Is that really just coincidence?

I don't think there's anything wrong with conservative organizations calling Trump to account when he does something bad, because such organizations are not dependent upon critiques of Trump for their continued existence.  A group like McMullin's, which is obviously going to be focused on Trump, and openly wants to build alliances with the left ((and where does the left ever stand up for the Constitution?), is necessarily going to be attacking him even when he doesn't really deserve it. 

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:47:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

geronl

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 06:45:51 pm »
Since when did liberals care about the Constitution, equality or liberty.  If Pres. the Donald had some kind of nefarious connection to Putin we would all know.  He would have tweeted it a long time ago.  He can't help himself. :silly:

liberals? Are you admitting that Trump and his supporters are liberals?

Because McMullin is launching a CONSERVATIVE group to defend the Constitution and try to pressure the government in the right direction.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 06:47:13 pm »
  A group like McMullin's, which is directly targeting Trump and openly wants to build alliances with the left, is necessarily going to be attacking him even when he doesn't really deserve it.

Where do you get that it "openly wants to build alliances with the left"? Source?

The tweets and the website say nothing like that.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »
Where do you get that it "openly wants to build alliances with the left"? Source?

Glad I clicked past my usual "ignore" filter to read your post.   My source - shockingly - is the original article that was linked within the first post in this thread. 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/evan-mcmullin-to-launch-conservative-group-opposing-trump/article/2612880

The Examiner sat down and did an interview with McMullin himself about his new organization, and based the article on that interview:

"Our goals are to grow a grassroots movement that will be able to exert influence over both the president and members of Congress," McMullin said during an interview in which he provided the Washington Examiner a first-look at the group and the television ad.

So, unless McMullin comes out and contradicts what the Examiner said, and says he was misinterpreted, it's fair to take the Examiner's article as accurate.  And if anyone still doubts who the target is, this is directly from the original article from the Examiner:

They envision their new group as a home for conservative grassroots opposition to Trump, but plan to partner with activists on the left who share their concerns about the threat they believe Trump poses to the Constitution, equality and liberty. Stand Up Republic's first television spot questions Trump's ties to Russian strongman Vladimir Putin, and suggests that the new president is hiding something and needs to come clean about his connections to Moscow.

So that's what they think is most important right now, and where the American people should be focused.  Not on Trump's laudable moves on the EPA, abortion, Keystone Pipeline, trade, etc., but on those nefarious ties to Russia.  That's exactly what the left is saying, right now.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:18 pm »
Glad I clicked past my usual "ignore" filter to read your post.   My source - shockingly - is the original article that was linked within the first post in this thread. 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/evan-mcmullin-to-launch-conservative-group-opposing-trump/article/2612880

The Examiner sat down and did an interview with McMullin himself about his new organization, and based the article on that interview:

"Our goals are to grow a grassroots movement that will be able to exert influence over both the president and members of Congress," McMullin said during an interview in which he provided the Washington Examiner a first-look at the group and the television ad.

So, unless McMullin comes out and contradicts what the Examiner said, and says he was misinterpreted, it's fair to take the Examiner's article as accurate.  And if anyone still doubts who the target is, this is directly from the original article from the Examiner:

They envision their new group as a home for conservative grassroots opposition to Trump, but plan to partner with activists on the left who share their concerns about the threat they believe Trump poses to the Constitution, equality and liberty. Stand Up Republic's first television spot questions Trump's ties to Russian strongman Vladimir Putin, and suggests that the new president is hiding something and needs to come clean about his connections to Moscow.

So that's what they think is most important right now, and where the American people should be focused.  Not on Trump's laudable moves on the EPA, abortion, Keystone Pipeline, trade, etc., but on those nefarious ties to Russia.  That's exactly what the left is saying, right now.

Hey. Back it up there Major. You're not supposed to quote the actual person. That's fake news.

geronl

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 09:18:23 pm »
The mission statement is to defend conservatism.

It's the old Senator Bernie Sanders that the Trumpers see as a partner.

geronl

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 09:36:04 pm »
Give it up.  You were PWNED by the good Major.   :silly:

He didn't post anything that contradicted me.

Nothing in that quote suggests they are partnering with the "left"

geronl

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 09:38:18 pm »
Hey. Back it up there Major. You're not supposed to quote the actual person. That's fake news.

Nothing in the quote or the linked article even hints at "partnering with the left"

Again

It's an out and out lie. Which is expected from vile piles of poop

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 09:38:52 pm »
Thanks for reading the article(s) instead of just posting a kneejerk reaction like some might have done.  :beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 09:40:21 pm »
Thanks for reading the article(s) instead of just posting a kneejerk reaction like some might have done.  :beer:

I read the article and I was right. There is nothing that suggests they want to "partner with the left".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 09:45:38 pm »
Nothing in the quote or the linked article even hints at "partnering with the left"

Again

It's an out and out lie. Which is expected from vile piles of poop

That's complete b.s..  As I mentioned the Examiner actually did an exclusive sit-down interview with McMullin himself.   And after that interview, they wrote:

They envision their new group as a home for conservative grassroots opposition to Trump, but plan to partner with activists on the left who share their concerns about the threat they believe Trump poses to the Constitution, equality and liberty.

Now, that's not a direct quote from McMullin, but it's clearly a  paraphrase of what something they discussed in that interview.  If you want to argue (without any evidence, I'll add) that they simply made that up, and he never said anything like that in the interview, then we should expect to see McMullin distancing himself from that statement.  And you'd then have to question why, out of all the tens of thousands of media outlets in the entire country, McMullin would have given an exclusive interview and first look to a newspaper that would deliberately lie about him.

If you want to hang your hat on "The Washington Examiner is lying", that's your prerogative.  But the article certainly constitutes at least some evidence that McMullin is indeed willing to partner with the left on some issues.  Which, to be honest, wouldn't necessarily mean anything nefarious.  There may in fact be some issues relating to criminal law, civil forfeiture, etc., where some on the left may actually hold the better position.