Author Topic: Trump expected to sign order funding border wall  (Read 1707 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump expected to sign order funding border wall
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:43:18 pm »
Trump expected to sign order funding border wall
By Paulina Firozi - 01/24/17 10:28 PM EST

President Trump is expected to take executive actions on immigration this week that will include ordering the construction of a border wall with Mexico on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.

Trump tweeted from his personal account about his plans on Tuesday evening, noting a “big day" ahead.

"Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!,” he tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315998-trump-to-sign-order-to-build-border-wall-with-mexico
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump expected to sign order funding border wall
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:44:33 pm »
And mexico will pay for it?

Heard now that they will pay in arrears or some such? If people believe that I have a bridge to sell them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 01:48:25 pm »
And mexico will pay for it?

Heard now that they will pay in arrears or some such? If people believe that I have a bridge to sell them.

The negativity, oh the negativity!!  He's signing an order to FUND the border wall.  The 'Secure Fence Act' was passed in 2006 ... here we sit 11 years later  ... it's going to finally get built.  If Mexico pays for it now or later, who in the heck really cares?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:51:17 pm »
Where's the money coming from? The president can't even fund the WH petty cash box on his own. Diverting funds allocated to other things has the slight problem of being grossly illegal.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 02:32:42 pm »
Where's the money coming from? The president can't even fund the WH petty cash box on his own. Diverting funds allocated to other things has the slight problem of being grossly illegal.
It is already funded as per Secure Fence Act of 2006

He is simply spending the money.

The headline is grossly inaccurate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 02:34:13 pm »
In that case:

It's cool.  :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 03:26:58 pm »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 03:28:28 pm »

I predicted a while back he would just make a move to say something like 'continue what you are doing' with the secure fence act and then try to tak credit for it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 03:28:47 pm »
If Mexico pays for it now or later, who in the heck really cares?

Maybe the dupes who thought Trump was telling the truth when he claimed that?

geronl

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 03:47:41 pm »
Only Congress can appropriate funding

geronl

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 03:49:46 pm »

SO, you mean the money was just sitting there? Budgets are passed annually by Congress (supposedly), something from 10-11 years ago does not have the money still sitting there.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 04:38:09 pm »
   The money was there in 2006 when the bill was signed by GWB, but the fund was gutted by my illustrious Senator, Kay Baily (at that time), and a few others shortly thereafter, I think it went to education or some such, It will need to be appropriated again, that and that alone should be Trump's Infrastructure Act, that is a 'shovel ready' job if there ever was one.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 04:54:17 pm »
If the funding was appropriated and it's NOT there - well, there are a whole bunch of laws about misappropriation of funds. Nasty penalties, too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »
Only Congress can appropriate funding

Yes that is correct....Obviously he's working on the funding.  I don't know about you, but to sit and cry about funding while American citizens continue to be burglarized, raped and murdered by illegals is absolutely absurd.  Build the dang wall!!!

..."The executive order ordering its construction it instructs federal agencies and departments to compile lists of all “direct and indirect” federal funds that have gone to the Mexican government over the past five years. The secretary of State is directed within the next 60 days to take that data and “submit to the president a consolidated report reflecting the levels of such aid and assistance that has been provided annually, over each of the past five years.”...

...House and Senate Republicans, some at first skeptical of the cost of first building the structure then maintaining and patrolling it, now appear on board with the plan — despite Trump’s own estimate it could cost $8 billion and independent projections as high as $25 billion.

“The chairman and the committee are committed to securing our borders and keeping our nation safe,” House Appropriations Committee spokeswoman Jennifer Hing said Wednesday, referring to Chairman Rodney Frelinghuysen, R-N.J. “We will work with the Administration and take a close look look at any funding proposal when it is submitted to Congress.”

No formal funding request has been submitted to Capitol Hill; after all, the administration is only in its fifth full day. Spicer on Monday told reporters the wall is a “serious priority” for Trump, noting his boss “has already started to work with Congress on the appropriations avenue of that.”

Trump is “doing everything he can to direct agencies and Congress to commence with that work as soon as possible,” Spicer added...

- See more at: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-will-order-taxpayer-funds-redirected-border-wall#sthash.XW7yWisx.dpuf -

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »
The negativity, oh the negativity!!  He's signing an order to FUND the border wall.  The 'Secure Fence Act' was passed in 2006 ... here we sit 11 years later  ... it's going to finally get built.  If Mexico pays for it now or later, who in the heck really cares?

Trump rally-goers?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 04:50:22 am »

Maybe the dupes who thought Trump was telling the truth when he claimed that?

As far as I am concerned he can take the money Obama was giving to the Palestinians.  But I think that much of what he told people during the primaries were Art of the Deal lies.  Like how he was so proud to have his good friends Clinton's at the Inauguration.  So much for lock her up or Mexico pays.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 02:12:15 am »
SO, you mean the money was just sitting there? Budgets are passed annually by Congress (supposedly), something from 10-11 years ago does not have the money still sitting there.
In the fiscal world, there are two important criteria to consider.  One is approval of a project.  In the govt world, this is called an appropriation such as the Secure Fence Act of 2006.

For our case, Congress approved the project expenditures to build a wall.

The other is yearly expenditures that will be used to actually spend the money to build that wall.

As for all years since Obama took office, our feckless Congress has allowed a continuing resolution to be approved instead of a budget.  At the present time, we are operating under a continuing resolution passed by Congress until the end of April, 2017.

A continuing resolution allows all federal agencies to spend the same amount of money that they had the previous year.  Little strings attached and what is really bad, little accountability.

From what I understand, DHS has its money in this continuing resolution. Diverting it to an already-approved project like the wall should not be a problem for it.

This is my understanding.  If any have better details, please post and inform the rest of us.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 02:15:19 am »
In the fiscal world, there are two important criteria to consider.  One is approval of a project.  In the govt world, this is called an appropriation such as the Secure Fence Act of 2006.

For our case, Congress approved the project expenditures to build a wall.

The other is yearly expenditures that will be used to actually spend the money to build that wall.

As for all years since Obama took office, our feckless Congress has allowed a continuing resolution to be approved instead of a budget.  At the present time, we are operating under a continuing resolution passed by Congress until the end of April, 2017.

A continuing resolution allows all federal agencies to spend the same amount of money that they had the previous year.  Little strings attached and what is really bad, little accountability.

From what I understand, DHS has its money in this continuing resolution. Diverting it to an already-approved project like the wall should not be a problem for it.

This is my understanding.  If any have better details, please post and inform the rest of us.

Thank you.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 02:20:24 am »
   The money was there in 2006 when the bill was signed by GWB, but the fund was gutted by my illustrious Senator, Kay Baily (at that time), and a few others shortly thereafter, I think it went to education or some such, It will need to be appropriated again, that and that alone should be Trump's Infrastructure Act, that is a 'shovel ready' job if there ever was one.
It was and it wasn't.

the 2006 act approved the project and gave it a line item to be spent in that budget year.  Subsequent years needed to have separate approvals each year as well in the budget.  The slimes in DC, led by our GOP Speakers, have opted to not even debate a budget for years and doing the lazy way of just continuing resolutions.

Those CR have been greatly expanding our debt as there is little accountability placed on anyone.