Author Topic: Elon Musk cozies up to Trump, sparking questions and potential fan revolt  (Read 1856 times)

Offline endicom

Market Watch
Therese Poletti
Jan. 24, 2017

Elon Musk has been a fierce advocate of energy conservation, lowering carbon emissions and reducing Americans’ dependence on fossil fuels, so why is he getting close with an administration that seems to be diametrically opposed to those goals? And will it threaten the loyalty of his dedicated band of fans?

Musk’s determination to herald clean energy with his electric-car company Tesla Motors Inc. TSLA, +2.29%  and solar-power firm SolarCity Corp. has won him a legion of fans who feel the same way, many of them staunch opponents of President Donald Trump. Despite publicly speaking out against Trump’s candidacy, Musk has cozied up to the new U.S. president, including a surprising endorsement Tuesday afternoon.

More... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-cozies-up-to-trump-sparking-questions-and-potential-fan-revolt-2017-01-24

Offline Frank Cannon

Welfare QueenElon Musk has been a fierce advocate of energy conservation, lowering carbon emissions and reducing Americans’ dependence on fossil fuels filling his pockets with taxpayer money.

There. Fixed it.

Wingnut

Welfare QueenElon Musk has been a fierce advocate of energy conservation, lowering carbon emissions and reducing Americans’ dependence on fossil fuels filling his pockets with taxpayer money.

There. Fixed it.

Saint Elon is looking for another teat to suck on.   Hope it is a dry one.

Offline endicom

There. Fixed it.

Sure seems that way.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
The man did have one hell of a business plan.  You have to give him credit for that.

Hook a coal fired plant to a car and get the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Offline r9etb

The man did have one hell of a business plan.  You have to give him credit for that.

:silly: :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

QFT!

geronl

Musk is a huge corporate cronyist seeking handouts.

Offline thackney

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:57:58 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

:amen:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
A lot of people forget Al Gore came within a whisker of becoming the king of Carbon Credits.  He planned to setup a stock market like system for buying and selling credits similar to the way stocks are traded.  At the last minute Congress nixed the plan if I remember correctly.

Seems to me I could become the king of Bird Credits if I play my cards right and follow Big Al's template.  First, I create Bird Credits out of thin air and stake my claim as being the most bird-conscious human being on the planet.  I'll have to practice my sad face in the mirror, but I think I'll get the hang of it fairly quickly.

Next I recruit a few do-gooders and claim wind turbines kill 900 trillion birds a year and by 2028 all bird species will be extinct.  We have only a small glimmer of hope to save the birds from extinction, a very narrow window.  Only if these state-supported wind turbine companies buy my Bird Credits can we pull the entire mess from the fire.  Each credit allows companies to kill 100 birds a year.

Of course I'll need to take a small percentage of each transaction to cover overhead costs.  Wet my beak as it were.

geronl

Seems to me I could become the king of Bird Credits if I play my cards right and follow Big Al's template.  First, I create Bird Credits out of thin air and stake my claim as being the most bird-conscious human being on the planet.  I'll have to practice my sad face in the mirror, but I think I'll get the hang of it fairly quickly.

I want to invest some pennies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A lot of people forget Al Gore came within a whisker of becoming the king of Carbon Credits.  He planned to setup a stock market like system for buying and selling credits similar to the way stocks are traded.  At the last minute Congress nixed the plan if I remember correctly.

Next I recruit a few do-gooders and claim wind turbines kill 900 trillion birds a year and by 2028 all bird species will be extinct.  We have only a small glimmer of hope to save the birds from extinction, a very narrow window.  Only if these state-supported wind turbine companies buy my Bird Credits can we pull the entire mess from the fire.  Each credit allows companies to kill 100 birds a year.

Of course I'll need to take a small percentage of each transaction to cover overhead costs.  Wet my beak as it were.

That is a great summary of how it works!

Wingnut

Just don't become a "Seagull Manager"!