Author Topic: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall  (Read 14207 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2017, 12:22:16 am »
@beandog

I voted my conscience in November; I don't regret it a bit, and, in fact, would do it again.  Now that Trump is in the White House, I intend to give him credit for the good things he does, and to bust him on the bad.  As I see it, furthering the cause of conservatism is the issue, not propping up a politician's ego. 

The morning after the election, I pinged the Trump supporters on the forum, congratulated them, and admitted I was completely wrong about Donald's chances of winning.  Two were gracious enough to respond.

I haven't changed my opinion of Trump and I won't pretend that I have; it's been formed over years.  But I don't see the point of dragging that into every conversation.  Right now it feels like I'm at a tennis match---Trump does something that sounds good (look over here) and then he does or says something boneheaded (look over there) and back again.  I expect the next four years are going to be like that.  Regardless, I've made my personal judgment about Trump the man, but I'll judge his presidency based on what he does.  But if anyone expects me to get on his "train", might as well give that up.  When he deserves it, my criticism will be unsparing, whether it's the first week of his presidency or the last.

But I'm also not going to marinate in bitterness and anger for the next few years because he won.  Who would that hurt?  No one, except for me, and it would do that.  I have a life to live...we all do.  And I'm not going to spend mine trying to nurse a sense of rage (which isn't there in the first place) over who sits in the White House.  The election went the way it went.  Conservatives still know what they stand for.

Excellent post, @CatherineofAragon .

I think you have beautifully expressed what a lot of us are feeling now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2017, 12:28:54 am »
@musiclady
@Unlimited

Thank you, ladies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2017, 01:07:05 am »
@beandog

I voted my conscience in November; I don't regret it a bit, and, in fact, would do it again.  Now that Trump is in the White House, I intend to give him credit for the good things he does, and to bust him on the bad.  As I see it, furthering the cause of conservatism is the issue, not propping up a politician's ego. 

The morning after the election, I pinged the Trump supporters on the forum, congratulated them, and admitted I was completely wrong about Donald's chances of winning.  Two were gracious enough to respond.

I haven't changed my opinion of Trump and I won't pretend that I have; it's been formed over years.  But I don't see the point of dragging that into every conversation.  Right now it feels like I'm at a tennis match---Trump does something that sounds good (look over here) and then he does or says something boneheaded (look over there) and back again.  I expect the next four years are going to be like that.  Regardless, I've made my personal judgment about Trump the man, but I'll judge his presidency based on what he does.  But if anyone expects me to get on his "train", might as well give that up.  When he deserves it, my criticism will be unsparing, whether it's the first week of his presidency or the last.

But I'm also not going to marinate in bitterness and anger for the next few years because he won.  Who would that hurt?  No one, except for me, and it would do that.  I have a life to live...we all do.  And I'm not going to spend mine trying to nurse a sense of rage (which isn't there in the first place) over who sits in the White House.  The election went the way it went.  Conservatives still know what they stand for.

For whatever it's worth, I think everything you said there is pretty much right in line with how our founders imagined voters should act. 

BRAVO!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2017, 01:15:01 am »
@beandog

QOTD.

I expect Trump to 'pivot' at some point but I've been pleasantly surprised by what he's doing now, so who knows.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:16:02 am by skeeter »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2017, 01:15:36 am »

My thoughts on this. Is that Trump is giving the progressive media a "Rabbit" to chase.

While the leftist dems in the Senate... that shrinking pool of Clowns, is desperately wanting to pillory Trumps nominees... they are denied airtime with this "Rabbit" which is sucking all the Air...Democrat propaganda media attention Air, out of the room.

Tomorrow another "Rabbit".

Personally, this Cruz man is enjoying the show.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2017, 02:12:08 am »
By day' send, Emanuel accepted Trump's offer/threat. IOW a successful "negotiation."

Most Republicans/conservatives APPLAUD that he is doing what he said he would.

One such was Mark Levin in his broadcast this afternoon, who said his actions were conservative.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2017, 02:21:34 am »
Cultists defend the subject of their devotion against all slings, no matter whether the slings be worthy or not.  Regardless of whether they support whatever action/belief/topic is currently the subject.

Now step back and ask, do you defend Trump no matter what?  Do you support everything he does, regardless of whether you'd agree with the behavior coming from someone with a different letter attached to their name?

The bolded quote at the top of my quote in the quote box was someone else's words, not mine.  Just want to clear that up.  I brought that up to show that I understand the rules about not accusing people that don't like Trump of supporting Hillary.  I was saying that I get it. 

My whole point was that people accusing me of worshiping Trump, or being in a cult offends me every bit as much as someone that doesn't like Trump - being accused of helping Hillary. 

Now, to get to your questions. 

No, I don't defend Trump no matter what.  He has said some things that make me wince.  I will call him out when he does something I don't like - and make no mistake - he WILL do things we don't like. 

My position has always been that he was going to win because he killed political correctness and listened to his base. 

The terms "cult" and "Trump worshiper" are derogatory terms used by some here - that have no relation to the truth.  None at all.  I've asked before for these insulters to show posts I've made showing my worship of Trump.......

.....still waiting.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2017, 02:39:03 am »
The bolded quote at the top of my quote in the quote box was someone else's words, not mine.  Just want to clear that up.  I brought that up to show that I understand the rules about not accusing people that don't like Trump of supporting Hillary.  I was saying that I get it. 

My whole point was that people accusing me of worshiping Trump, or being in a cult offends me every bit as much as someone that doesn't like Trump - being accused of helping Hillary. 

Now, to get to your questions. 

No, I don't defend Trump no matter what.  He has said some things that make me wince.  I will call him out when he does something I don't like - and make no mistake - he WILL do things we don't like. 

My position has always been that he was going to win because he killed political correctness and listened to his base. 

The terms "cult" and "Trump worshiper" are derogatory terms used by some here - that have no relation to the truth.  None at all.  I've asked before for these insulters to show posts I've made showing my worship of Trump.......

.....still waiting.
I remain very pissed that the rule about name calling is not enforced, and instead daily we see Nazi, fascist, goose-stepping, brown shirt, cult worship, and other derogatory references from the same usual suspects.

I have complained about it, to no avail. There still seem to be two very different standards.

Is that because ALL mods are #nevertrumpers? Or the site administrators lack the will to simply enforce rules consistently?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2017, 02:49:14 am »
I remain very pissed that the rule about name calling is not enforced, and instead daily we see Nazi, fascist, goose-stepping, brown shirt, cult worship, and other derogatory references from the same usual suspects.

I have complained about it, to no avail. There still seem to be two very different standards.

Is that because ALL mods are #nevertrumpers? Or the site administrators lack the will to simply enforce rules consistently?

I don't know t_s.  It's very frustrating to me.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:44 am »
I don't know t_s.  It's very frustrating to me.

So, why are you here if it's so awful?

Online corbe

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2017, 03:48:21 am »
I know for a fact that mystery tries to be fair and is not a "NeverTrumper."  I doubt she is paid for all the work she does here.  I'm sure she has a life other than this place.  Having to deal with adult children on a daily basis has to get old.  Try to cut her some slack.  I hope that we can enjoy this place and work together to fight the true enemy, the Liberal agenda that will be working to take back power.

@Unlimited

We are guests in her house, we should all be respectful of that.  I have never 'reported' anyone, ever (ignore is the sharpest tool I need), and would hope I haven't been out of line to be reported on, but probably have and for that I apologize to her.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2017, 03:58:00 am »
By day' send, Emanuel accepted Trump's offer/threat. IOW a successful "negotiation."

One such was Mark Levin in his broadcast this afternoon, who said his actions were conservative.

Levin wasn't at all happy with the infrastructure plans.  He said there's no reason to be remodeling/expanding Kansas City airport with federal funds.   Float bonds.   He's saying this is no different that Franklin Roosevelt and the TVA.

More importantly, he says the jobs should be open to ALL Americans and not just the freaking unions.

We know he literally stole the union vote after that meeting the other day where they came out orgasmic.

He's not thrilled with the percentage of the money not being used for needed roads and bridges, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2017, 04:00:01 am »

QFT!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2017, 04:00:54 am »

But it's a style problem IMO. Trump tweets out policy and we're all left scratching our heads as to what it meant. I wish he'd tweet links to more formal broad sheets. Sounded to me like he was ready to invade Chicago or something.

I really wish he would be a little sparing of Twitter.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2017, 04:03:08 am »
So, why are you here if it's so awful?

IOW....you deny the essence of his post/complaint?

You think the the Trump Supporters get treated the same way the anti-Trumpers do?   

Seriously, Sanguine?   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »
I doubt you have anything to apologize for, corbe.  I certainly do, though.  It appears that I am going to have to use the ignore as well.  I was hoping some would wake up and realize it is time to move on, but I guess it was too much to ask.

I've "moved on", @Unlimited

Was out all evening and clicked on the thread and saw @truth_seeker and @alicewonders 's posts, that's all.

Just know...this place wasn't 'born' the day you arrived, sweetheart.

My attitude and focus has ALWAYS been to put the forum first.   My calling for unity was what caused all this crap in the first place.

You can go and look it up....it's all there.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2017, 01:54:08 pm »
I wasn't referring to you, precious.  I recognized long ago that you tried to put your best foot forward.  For a while at least.  It was appreciated if you will remember.

As for my thinking this forum was born the day I arrived, forgive me for wishing that some of us would show a modicum of respect for each other.  I obviously overstepped my bounds.  I will refrain from trying to get through the thick skulls of one or two that posting simply to annoy others isn't doing anything other than making themselves appear to be fools as well as not being an inviting place for newcomers to wish to stick around.  I will remember my place in future.  ;)

@DCPatriot

I apologize to you, @Unlimited    I saw your post following my late one last night, where I realize the topic had "sort of" moved on.

I was wrong to take it personally.  And we all appreciate your attempts to bring some peace to our home.

:patriot:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2017, 01:56:02 pm »
IOW....you deny the essence of his post/complaint?

You think the the Trump Supporters get treated the same way the anti-Trumpers do?   

Seriously, Sanguine?

Stop whining FFS.  Show me the last time one of your little cabal got banned.

You whine and whinge about things that aren't real.

If you were REALLY treated as badly as you claim...you wouldn't be allowed to post here.

Enough with the self created victim/martyr complex.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2017, 02:08:34 pm »
Stop whining FFS.  Show me the last time one of your little cabal got banned.

You whine and whinge about things that aren't real.

If you were REALLY treated as badly as you claim...you wouldn't be allowed to post here.

Enough with the self created victim/martyr complex.

1)  Being made to remove "Behead those that insult Trump", which was under my avatar for almost a year, with nary a single complaint....so as to make 'you guys' safe and not upsetting the snowflakes.....

2)  Being made to remove the meme in my Signature line which said, "Yeah, whatever...pack your sh*t....because Mr. Gonzaga Boy complained about it....while my good respected friends @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon and a couple of others post much worse and other risque things get applause and kudos  (they don't offend me)....

3) Having common words and phrases such as "butt-hurt" become verboten for Trump Supporters to use....but not for @Lando Lincoln yesterday....

KMA.

My ill-advised open letter to @mystery-ak brought instant condemnation from the likes of @Luis Gonzalez and @sinkspur ...who used to be very good friends of mine in here.....because they said I was calling for censorship because I feared we couldn't keep our forum with Trump haters still ruling the roost here after he secured the Nomination....and then even the Presidency?

And now, the only ones being censored are the Trump Supporters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:12:08 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2017, 02:09:46 pm »
Levin wasn't at all happy with the infrastructure plans.  He said there's no reason to be remodeling/expanding Kansas City airport with federal funds.   Float bonds.   He's saying this is no different that Franklin Roosevelt and the TVA.

More importantly, he says the jobs should be open to ALL Americans and not just the freaking unions.

We know he literally stole the union vote after that meeting the other day where they came out orgasmic.

He's not thrilled with the percentage of the money not being used for needed roads and bridges, etc..

Good summary.  And, I only listened for a bit, but I think that Levin said that this kind of spending would be disastrous.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2017, 02:14:00 pm »
Good summary.  And, I only listened for a bit, but I think that Levin said that this kind of spending would be disastrous.

Yes....I caught his screed with the stimulus...didn't hear him praising Trump at all. 

And I agreed with Mark on it.   :patriot:

Wingnut

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2017, 02:19:38 pm »
IOW....you deny the essence of his post?

Loss of essence?  Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, DCP...but I do deny them my essence.

Keep your fluids calm, and post on!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2017, 02:20:16 pm »
1)  Being made to remove "Behead those that insult Trump", which was under my avatar for almost a year, with nary a single complaint....so as to make 'you guys' safe and not upsetting the snowflakes.....

And the people making reference to Trump being Hitler...Orange Jesus etc get removed too.  Don't see anyone complaining about that.
2)  Being made to remove the meme in my Signature line which said, "Yeah, whatever...pack your sh*t....because Mr. Gonzaga Boy complained about it....while my good respected friends @Wingnut and @Frank Cannon and a couple of others post much worse and other risque things get applause and kudos  (they don't offend me)....

It's the sh*t word in there that probably did it.  IMHO if your meme had said 'pack your stuff" nothing would have been said.

Some people don't like to see their forum littered with "locker room" verbiage.

That seems to be something I remember reading in the terms of service when I signed up here.  If that's how @mystery-ak wants it...it's her fiddle and she calls the tune.

3) Having common words and phrases such as "butt-hurt" become verboten for Trump Supporters to use....but not for @Lando Lincoln yesterday....

That one is just made up on your part quite honestly. 

You look for reasons to be offended in order to further this myth that you're some kind of put upon...picked on martyr here...and that's just not the case.

I see posts get removed here all the time for various reasons...hell mine do all the time.  Don't see me bitching or complaining.  I take it...realize I've made a mistake and move on.

For that matter 99% of the people that have a post removed or are admonished by the Mods (myself included) just smile nod move on and learn from our posting mistake.

You seem to think the basic forum rules don't apply to you.  You're not any more special here than any of the other TBR members.  And neither am I for that matter.

I wonder if you are this much of a PITA to the Admin Moderators at FR as you are here?  :pondering:

Not sure if you think you deserve special treatment because as you said "I WON!!!!!" or what it is...but it's rather childish and has a tendency to run off people that might want to join.  And I say that as someone who's been an admin level Mod on other Conservative forums.

KMA.

Mark a spot...the way you're acting...you're all @ss right now.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:21:08 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2017, 02:23:06 pm »
Loss of essence?  Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, DCP...but I do deny them my essence.

You may deny them your essence...but can you deny them this?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:23:36 pm by txradioguy »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:43 pm »

Keep your fluids calm, and post on!

I'm good, buddy!   888high58888