Author Topic: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall  (Read 14194 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2017, 04:09:47 pm »
He is incorrigible!  Can't help himself and doesn't understand why anyone objects!   **nononono*

Yeah....I said months ago, "Don't forget....Trump will have a pen and a phone too!"   And I was mercilessly attacked in here.

Pray tell....it hasn't even been a week that he's been POTUS and he's wheeling that pen like a MADMAN.   What so far, have you a problem with?

And yet....the forum is filled with bullsh*t attacks on him, while the Media and the Democrats are reeling.

Get it now??
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2017, 04:10:14 pm »
That's fair, @Weird Tolkienish Figure 

How about we start anew?

888high58888

I'll tone it down a little, just remind me. I use this forum so my friends and family, many of them liberals, don't have to hear my opinions on politics. I follow this stuff more than they do.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2017, 04:11:06 pm »

888high58888

I'll tone it down a little, just remind me. I use this forum so my friends and family, many of them liberals, don't have to hear my opinions on politics. I follow this stuff more than they do.

:beer:  thanks, @Weird Tolkienish Figure
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2017, 04:11:11 pm »
For whatever reason you've cut back on your participation over the past 6+ months....work, etc., the fact remains that you allowed the newcomers to savage the small contingent of Trump supporters here.

What you did about it, by cutting back on the number of posts...perhaps in disgust...had ramifications as to why we're where we're at today.

And now you want to be the "House Diplomat" again?   

Whatever.....

Where we are today is there are only a handful of knee-jerk anti Trump posters.

The rest of us accept reality and are supporting the president and hoping for the best.

I hope the knee jerk stuff stops soon. It hobbled TOS and I suspect its hurting this forum as well.

• Technical
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2017, 04:12:14 pm »

The rest of us accept reality and are supporting the president and hoping for the best.

I hope the knee jerk stuff stops soon. It hobbled TOS and I suspect its hurting this forum as well.

Now skeeter, let's be honest here, the knee-jerkism goes both ways wouldn't you say?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2017, 04:12:27 pm »

Me too, @skeeter

We're winning for God's sake!    :beer:

Wingnut

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:06 pm »

888high58888

That's fair, @Weird Tolkienish Figure 

How about we start anew?   

Awe.  a budding bromance!    :laugh:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:30 pm »

Now skeeter, let's be honest here, the knee-jerkism goes both ways wouldn't you say?

Yes I would. However, today its more the pro Trump guys on defense.

Either way its needs to stop - if for no other reason than its boring as hell.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:16:55 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:16 pm »
Yeah....I said months ago, "Don't forget....Trump will have a pen and a phone too!"   And I was mercilessly attacked in here.

Pray tell....it hasn't even been a week that he's been POTUS and he's wheeling that pen like a MADMAN.   What so far, have you a problem with?

And yet....the forum is filled with bullsh*t attacks on him, while the Media and the Democrats are reeling.

Get it now??

I have zero problems with ANYTHING Trump has done so far!  My PROBLEM is with YOU being such a damned sore winner!  Never seen anything like it before and I sincerely hope I never do again!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:14:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2017, 04:18:15 pm »

I have zero problems with ANYTHING Trump has done so far!  My PROBLEM is with YOU being such a damned sore winner!  Never seen anything like it before and I sincerely hope I never do again!

I'm not a "sore-winner", and apologize for giving that impression.

My angst has always been when the rabid anti-s in here during the campaign who tried to come across as authorities on the election, suddenly get act like experts after being totally wrong about.....EVERYTHING!   As if none of us remember their 24/7 crap.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2017, 04:20:13 pm »
AW is right.  It is injudicious for the Mods to thump a Trumper on the head for being called a "Hillary voter", but let "Trump worshipper" go without even a raised eyebrow. 

I've marveled at the disparity in modulation since first joining this forum.  I assumed it was because we were newbies and had been abused at TOS, but it has been ages since that time.  There comes a time when the hand-holding has to stop.  I was also often chagrined as I knew the "oldies" had to resent being pushed to the back of the bus to allow our seats.  Instead of being gracious for the seat, we took over the bus.  Granted some of the oldies were downright uncivil, but we were still allowed to toddle around here unfettered.  Is it any wonder that they were angry, even without consideration of their Trump love?

How about showing some appreciation and understanding and let it go?  The election is over, FGS.  It's done.  Let's get on with it.  We have liberals to battle without incessantly fighting amongst ourselves.

Thank you RTT, you nailed it! 

Yes, let's let it go - both sides.  I would love a fresh start - not to where we can't express our differing opinions - but where we treat each other with respect and civility. 

:beer:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

• Technical
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2017, 04:21:19 pm »
Yes I would. However, today its more the pro Trump guys on defense.

Either way its needs to stop - if for no other reason than its boring as hell.

Their guy is now in the White House, and they have more to defend. Trump is, by any approximation, an inexperienced politician, so the transition is bound to be rocky. And, IMO, it has been, at least in terms of public relations. Policy wise, it's been mostly solid. Not a fan of his trade policy but, admittedly, i have no idea how far he will take it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:21:49 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2017, 04:22:01 pm »
I'm not a "sore-winner", and apologize for giving that impression.

My angst has always been when the rabid anti-s in here during the campaign who tried to come across as authorities on the election, suddenly get act like experts after being totally wrong about.....EVERYTHING!   As if none of us remember their 24/7 crap.

Get over that and be glad that so many of us are liking what Trump is currently doing! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2017, 04:23:13 pm »

Yes, let's let it go - both sides.  I would love a fresh start - not to where we can't express our differing opinions - but where we treat each other with respect and civility. 

@alicewonders

I'm in! 100%!   :beer:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:24:10 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MOD8

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2017, 04:26:08 pm »
If everyone is done with the "airing of grievances" part of the show. And if everyone is in favor of moving on...

Let us move on then!

Offline alicewonders

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2017, 04:26:56 pm »
@skeeter
@mystery-ak

No, Jim R. "hobbled" TOS by totally shutting down free speech regarding Trump.  This forum allows free speech.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:08:27 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »
@alicewonders

I'm in! 100%!   :beer:

There you go again.  Stirring up trouble.  I'll meet you at the grass fence in an hour.  I'll bring the beer.   :beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2017, 04:31:16 pm »
There you go again.  Stirring up trouble.  I'll meet you at the grass fence in an hour.  I'll bring the beer.   :beer:

I'll be there!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2017, 04:32:06 pm »

Their guy is now in the White House, and they have more to defend. Trump is, by any approximation, an inexperienced politician, so the transition is bound to be rocky. And, IMO, it has been, at least in terms of public relations. Policy wise, it's been mostly solid. Not a fan of his trade policy but, admittedly, i have no idea how far he will take it.

Fair enough. It would be nice if all criticism here, at least, were substantive, policy related and not the BS neener neener crap the MSM is currently propagating.

Offline alicewonders

Offline jpsb

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
I think Trump has a dry sense of humor.  I see a LOT of humor in what he does!   LOL!

Trump has a great sense of humor, posting the pic in the press room is a hilarious and effective way of letting the press know, every day they walk in, that he is not going to be their punching bag. Trump could be a standup comic, he is that funny.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2017, 05:00:18 pm »

I get branded a "knee jerkier" lol, you have no idea how many anti-trump threads I've read and not commented on. However when anti-Trump rhetoric gets down right vicious and ugly I will return fire.

I support Trump because of the policies he advocated for during the primaries. There is no other reason why I supported him. He is not my lord (notice no capitalization, since I am talking about Trump) and I am not a cult member.  Policies is why I switched from Paul/Cruz to Trump, policies.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2017, 05:02:39 pm »
Trump could be a standup comic, he is that funny.