Author Topic: Air pollution in London passes levels in Beijing...and wood burners are making problem worse  (Read 996 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Air pollution in London passes levels in Beijing...and wood burners are making problem worse 

By Sarah Knapton, Science Editor

24 January 2017 • 3:55pm

Air pollution in London passed levels in Beijing this week, figures have shown, with popular wood burning stoves blamed for exacerbating the problem.

On Monday London mayor Sadiq Khan issued the highest air pollution alert in London for the first time, and said on Tuesday that the capital’s ‘filthy air’ is now a ‘health crisis.’

Readings at 3pm on Monday showed that air at locations in the capital were worse than in notoriously smoggy Beijing, hitting a peak 197 micrograms per cubic metre for particulate matter on the Air Quality Index. Pollution in the Chinese city only reached 190, which is still deemed ‘unhealthy.’

Continued: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/01/24/air-pollution-london-passes-levels-beijingand-wood-burners-making/

http://www.onabbeyroad.com/cam.htm

Abbey Road Webcam; it always looks fairly pleasant there. I'm a bit unsure about this story, London doesn't seem to bad.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I find this extremely hard to believe. The leftists are probably using it as an excuse to enact environmental stuff in the UK.

Wingnut

Ahhh Geez.  Not this fake stuff again.

Offline kidd

I was in Beijing last May.

Worst air pollution I've ever seen. At noon, I couldn't see from the windows in the airport terminal to the first taxiway...visibility way less than 1/4 mile.
They ultimately cancelled all flights because of the air pollution.

The Beijing air pollution is due to factories and coal burning power plants.
The fact that the article is blaming this level of air pollution on wood burning stoves is a dead giveaway that this is a set-up for an environmental agenda.