Author Topic: MERKEL'S NIGHTMARE: Germany admits saving EU will be a ‘MAJOR STRUGGLE’, thinktank claims  (Read 240 times)

rangerrebew

MERKEL'S NIGHTMARE: Germany admits saving EU will be a ‘MAJOR STRUGGLE’, thinktank claims
ANGELA Merkel’s government believes keeping the European Union together will be a “major struggle” – especially now Donald Trump is US President, a European thinktank chief has claimed.
By Charlie Bayliss
PUBLISHED: 03:17, Mon, Jan 23, 2017 | UPDATED: 07:18, Mon, Jan 23, 2017

Almut Möller, director of the Berlin office of the European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), claimed Germany was desperate for Britain to stay in the Brussels bloc at such a crucial stage in the EU's history.

Moller said: “Berlin never wanted Britain to leave the EU and in many ways this choice is now coming at the worst of times.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/757540/german-government-eu-together-major-struggle-donald-trump-almut-moller-european-council
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:55:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

Another "war" the Germans are destined to lose.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
While Great Britain prospers for having removed all of the leeches!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien