Author Topic: Aspartame in Diet Soda Linked to Significant Health Issues, Tumors  (Read 2965 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Aspartame in Diet Soda Linked to Significant Health Issues, Tumors
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 01:55:03 am »
Theres only one brand of store bought jam I can eat these days.   Smuckers is all sugar.

*nothing* beats home made. I think there's some kind of delicious oil that exudes from my mother's fingertips... Everything she touches is delicious.

The next batch of jam is mine, made under her direct tutelage - and I will bet is ain't as good. Still better than store bought... but the wisdom of a 75 year old mother/grandmother/great-grandmother, is impossible to beat, or to replicate.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 01:57:51 am »
LOL.  You'll have a lot of trouble finding food as almost everything in your stores are products of countless centuries of engineering and science.

That is the point. I am not getting that much from the store anymore.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 03:45:26 pm »
For what it's worth I gave up my 2-3 bottles per day of diet Mt Dew first week of January and can't believe the difference in how I feel.

Of course the first 4-5 days were hell major headaches, upset stomach. I have not changed my food diet but I no longer crave sweets and carbs like i did when i was drinking the stuff.

I had several maladies that have gone away since (sore joints) for one.

Everyone who gave up diet pop told me how much better I would feel if I did the same.

Really no comparison. 

After this I truly think the stuff is poison and screws up your system.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 04:16:33 pm »
For what it's worth I gave up my 2-3 bottles per day of diet Mt Dew first week of January and can't believe the difference in how I feel.

Of course the first 4-5 days were hell major headaches, upset stomach. I have not changed my food diet but I no longer crave sweets and carbs like i did when i was drinking the stuff.

Everyone who gave up diet pop told me how much better I would feel if I did the same.

Really no comparison. 

I know a lot of stories like yours.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 04:19:33 pm »
Won't drink diet sodas or use artificial sweeteners at all - stuff gives me a massive headache, complete with nausea, almost immediately.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »

Really no comparison. 

I quit diet pop last summer and can tell a difference.  My memory is actually sharper!  It is poison, and I had an anatomy teacher tell me that the phosphoric acid, which is present in almost all soda pop, actually causes your bones to lose calcium.  Bad stuff!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 04:36:47 pm »
I quit diet pop last summer and can tell a difference.  My memory is actually sharper!  It is poison, and I had an anatomy teacher tell me that the phosphoric acid, which is present in almost all soda pop, actually causes your bones to lose calcium.  Bad stuff!
If memory serves Coca Cola once won a lot suit against a consumer who claimed he found a mouse in his Coke. Coke won not because the couldn't have put a mouse in, but because if they had it would have completely dissolved. It does make pretty good toilet cleaner too...
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 04:37:07 pm »
I quit diet pop last summer and can tell a difference.  My memory is actually sharper!

Wow same here. I thought it was due to aging.. I could not concentrate as well-could not multi task as I did when younger. Plus anxiety issues went away..I think all the caffeine kept me edgy.

As I said how I feel now just 24 days from stopping the stuff is like night and day. Numerous people told me this who gave up the diet pop

@alicewonders
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:37:38 pm by mirraflake »

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »
@Oceander

Doesn't it turn into formeldahyde?

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/DOCKETS/dailys/03/Jan03/012203/02P-0317_emc-000196.txt

" The formaldehyde exposure from aspartame
    is significant. Aspartame breaks down into methanol, amino acids
    and several other chemicals. The methanol is quickly absorbed and
    converted into formaldehyde. The methanol found in foods and
    alcoholic beverages is also absorbed, but there are "protective
    chemicals" in these traditionally-ingested foods and beverages that
    prevent the conversion of methanol to formaldehyde."

@driftdiver

Formaldehyde is present in many foodstuffs and in fact occurs naturally in some foods, as do the metabolites that the body breaks formaldehyde down into, such as formic acid. 

Also, our bodies in fact produce formaldehyde for use in our metabolism. 

I am not saying that formaldehyde is the next best thing to sunshine, but it is not the same thing as cyanide or methanol, either. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 05:02:59 pm »
If memory serves Coca Cola once won a lot suit against a consumer who claimed he found a mouse in his Coke. Coke won not because the couldn't have put a mouse in, but because if they had it would have completely dissolved. It does make pretty good toilet cleaner too...

And, windshield cleaner.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 07:40:02 pm »

[...]

I did the same, nearly 20 years ago, going back to sweet tea. Another thing to convince you:

Let a soda go flat - the carbonation is misleading. Once it is flat, pour it off into a glass, taking notice of it's syrupy consistency. try to approximate that consistency in sweet tea or lemonade by adding sugar. Then try to drink the result.

Folks roll their eyes when I add sugar to my tea, but I know for certain that the sugar I use is far less then in that soda they're drinkin.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:41:07 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 07:43:05 pm »
I did the same, nearly 20 years ago, going back to sweet tea. Another thing to convince you:

Let a soda go flat - the carbonation is misleading. Once it is flat, pour it off into a glass, taking notice of it's syrupy consistency. try to approximate that consistency in sweet tea or lemonade by adding sugar. Then try to drink the result.

Folks roll their eyes when I add sugar to my tea, but I know for certain that the sugar I use is far less then in that soda they're drinkin.
Yep it only takes a teaspoon or two for a glass of tea vs 10 in a can of Coke.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 07:53:25 pm »
Yep it only takes a teaspoon or two for a glass of tea vs 10 in a can of Coke.

Well... that kinda depends on the glass... Mine all say Mason on the side...  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 08:11:24 pm »
@driftdiver

Formaldehyde is present in many foodstuffs and in fact occurs naturally in some foods, as do the metabolites that the body breaks formaldehyde down into, such as formic acid. 

Also, our bodies in fact produce formaldehyde for use in our metabolism. 

I am not saying that formaldehyde is the next best thing to sunshine, but it is not the same thing as cyanide or methanol, either.

@Oceander
According to the FDA article the formaldehyde elsewhere in our diet is generally bound to other compounds and is therefor processed differently.  The formaldehyde from aspartame therefor acts differently in our bodies.

Personally I avoid all artificial sweeteners that I can and have drastically reduced my sugar intake. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.