Author Topic: BREAKING: Reports Coming In Trump Will Announce Move Of US Embassy To Jerusalem From Tel Aviv  (Read 2920 times)

Silver Pines

If this happens this alone will be worth electing Trump.  And I am not a Trump fan by any means.  However if he follows through with the things he promised, I will end up being a fan.

@Mom MD

I wouldn't change the way I voted; I went with my conscience and I know it was the right thing to do.  I'll give Trump credit for anything good that he does, and I'll rip him for the bad. 

All of this is correct, IMO:

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  4h4 hours ago
 This is not hard. When Trump does good things, praise him. When Trump does bad things, condemn him. Basic decency is not tough.

Matt Walsh ‏@MattWalshBlog  4h4 hours ago
 It's not my job as a conservative to ensure that Trump's ego is at all times sufficiently insulated from reality.

I'll defend Trump against unfair leftist attacks. But I won't defend him against fair ones. That should be the policy of every conservative.

geronl

If this happens this alone will be worth electing Trump. 

That is far, far from enough to make it 'worth electing' the perverted conman

Offline Hoodat

Seeing multiple sources announcing this. Supposedly, Trump will have a call with Benjamin Netanyahu today and make the official announcement sometime tomorrow.

I see some tweets.  But I see no actual reports.  With Trump, I will have to wait until he does it before I begin to believe it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
That is far, far from enough to make it 'worth electing' the perverted conman

Now that he's in the standards are in free fall.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
@Mom MD

I wouldn't change the way I voted; I went with my conscience and I know it was the right thing to do.  I'll give Trump credit for anything good that he does, and I'll rip him for the bad. 

All of this is correct, IMO:

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  4h4 hours ago
 This is not hard. When Trump does good things, praise him. When Trump does bad things, condemn him. Basic decency is not tough.

It's not my job as a conservative to ensure that Trump's ego is at all times sufficiently insulated from reality.

I'll defend Trump against unfair leftist attacks. But I won't defend him against fair ones. That should be the policy of every conservative.
My position has always been to hold his feet to the fire. In this instance he chose wisely.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Silver Pines

I see some tweets.  But I see no actual reports.  With Trump, I will have to wait until he does it before I begin to believe it.

@Hoodat

CNN, Sky News, The Associated Press, The Jerusalem Post and various other Israeli sources, and the Guardian have posted it on twitter, so those would have to be considered actual reports.

I agree, I hope it will happen but I'll wait and see.

Silver Pines

My position has always been to hold his feet to the fire. In this instance he chose wisely.

@starstruck

I'm not much of an optimist as far as holding their feet to the fire goes; it hasn't worked with the establishment these past few years, and Trump's ego isn't likely to facilitate it, IMO.  But if he does this, and if Netanyahu allows it, yes, I agree...it's the right thing.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
@starstruck

I'm not much of an optimist as far as holding their feet to the fire goes; it hasn't worked with the establishment these past few years, and Trump's ego isn't likely to facilitate it, IMO.  But if he does this, and if Netanyahu allows it, yes, I agree...it's the right thing.
Spicer just went a little squishy on this during his press briefing. Here's hoping that he just wants Trump to make the formal announcement.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Silver Pines

Spicer just went a little squishy on this during his press briefing. Here's hoping that he just wants Trump to make the formal announcement.

@starstruck

Philip KleinVerified account
‏@philipaklein

Sean Spicer won't say that U.S. embassy will be in Jerusalem by end of Trump's first term. Reiterates that they're early in the process.

Jake ShermanVerified account
‏@JakeSherman

ON ISRAEL — “There’s no decision” about moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Big walk back.

Raf SanchezVerified account
‏@rafsanchez

This does not sound like a White House that is in a hurry to get the US embassy to Jerusalem

@starstruck

Lol, well, it was nice to dream about.  Not surprising, though.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@CatherineofAragon

Again this is proving to be one of those things that is a lot tougher to do than it is to talk about. Things like this are years in the making like opening an automotive plant.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Again this is proving to be one of those things that is a lot tougher to do than it is to talk about. Things like this are years in the making like opening an automotive plant.

@Cripplecreek

That's true.  I guess now they know they shouldn't have claimed to do it right away.

Wingnut

"Squishy" is a required trait for a Press Sec of any party.   Look at Josh Ernest and the little boy obama had before him.

Offline Rivergirl

Right about the time DT releases his tax returns.

HonestJohn

What are they gonna do about it - commit acts of terror?

That's pretty much what HAMAS has already said in response.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't mind the idea of it but I just want to be sure its the right thing to do. I don';t want to needlessly endanger an ambassador or embassy staff.

I also wonder about the logistics of moving the American embassy away from other embassies in Israel. (Which also becomes a security issue)

Just a few weeks back they were saying that they wouldn't move the Embassy but would have the Ambassador work from an annex in Jerusalem.
Let me ask a question since you are focusing on security: 

Do you think our embassies are safer in countries like Saudi Arabia or Angola or in a friendly ally like Israel, even if it were moved to another part of the nation?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@CatherineofAragon

You are making the assumption that this had been never considered in the past?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington