Author Topic: Trump Signs First Anti Abortion Legislation Today  (Read 55154 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Trump Signs First Anti Abortion Legislation Today
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2017, 01:23:36 am »

You won yet still insist on rubbing everyone who had an alternate opinion's face in the dirt! Why do you insist on doing that?  What does it gain you?

Reminds me of a virgin who finally got laid and won't shut up about it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2017, 01:24:06 am »
Not sure where you got that. Any of it. Far from making an ass of myself, I did what you and many did not. Stand on conservative principles. And you can count on me to retain that position eternally.  Whether you approve or not. As to the rest, get over yourself. I'd sooner vote liberal than be 'magnanimous' to a guy that has nothing better to do than cheerlead for leftism.

Why, I got it here....your posting history.

National News/Current Events / Re: LIVE THREAD: Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States
« on: January 20, 2017, 01:45:22 PM »
Quote from: INVAR on January 20, 2017, 01:30:55 PM

It's going to be very satisfying the next four years that each and every single time that Trump reneges on each thing you took him at his word to deliver beyond bombastic speechifying, to remind you how stupid it was that you put all your trust and faith in a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat running on your party's ticket.

Enjoy the spectacle and mirage today, you deserve your party.

The hangover however, will be a bitch.

Look at the upside Invar.

The human garbage at FR got it's moment of glory taken from them. God truly does work in mysterious ways.

Notify

Politics / Re: Mike Huckabee: Trump Putting Romney in Cabinet Would 'Insult' Voters - Newsmax
« on: November 20, 2016, 01:27:42 AM »
Quote from: libertybele on November 20, 2016, 01:16:42 AM

...hmm...I wonder why Huckabee feels he is an authority on the conversation that transpired between Romney and Trump.  Does he know for certain that Trump and Romney even discussed a cabinet position??

Huckster says things to stay in the media light. Right, wrong, liberal, conservative...doesn't really matter. When he speaks, he's padding his clip file.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

anything else?    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2017, 01:25:07 am »

Don't it though!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2017, 01:27:27 am »
Why, I got it here....your posting history.

anything else?    :whistle:

And that contradicts my statements how? Not my fault a bunch of leftists got their moment of glory taken from them by a fraud.

Again Skippy, when Trump does well/conservative, I'll praise him. When he devolves into his life's history I'll call it what it is. And when people that bullied EVERYONE not bowing to Lord Donald haz a sadZ I'm gonna laugh like hell.

BTW, I thought you were done?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:22 am »
And that contradicts my statements how? Not my fault a bunch of leftists got their moment of glory taken from them by a fraud.

Again Skippy, when Trump does well/conservative, I'll praise him. When he devolves into his life's history I'll call it what it is. And when people that bullied EVERYONE not bowing to Lord Donald haz a sadZ I'm gonna laugh like hell.

BTW, I thought you were done?

Oh...we are!   Just wanted to prove you were 'gone' for sixty days, that's all.   ;)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2017, 01:35:25 am »
Oh...we are!   Just wanted to prove you were 'gone' for sixty days, that's all.   ;)

Pretty sure we can come and go as we please for whatever reasons we want. Mine was that there was no point in arguing anything fruitlessly until he was in office. I did however stop in from time to time and SURPRISE! There you and the other Gang of 5ishers were regularly rehashing the same ninsense you did for months.

Hint: Donald did not erase a lifetime of liberalism by winning, nor a couple good decisions in a couple days in office.

Just how it is.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2017, 02:05:22 am »
Who is bitching? You? Looks to me like NT's are -supporting- his decision. Is that somehow wrong of us? Because, you know, we don't GAF how you FEEL about it.

@Norm Lenhart

Maybe he's upset that the candidate he supported who advocated taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood before the election, is now doing the exact opposite.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2017, 02:12:04 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Maybe he's upset that the candidate he supported who advocated taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood before the election, is now doing the exact opposite.

Could very well be. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2017, 02:14:43 am »
WTF are you talking about??

Since the first page of this thread, I have been arguing against the legal basis for Roe (or lack thereof).  Yet out of nowhere, you show up and throw in the Fifth Commandment as if that has anything at all to do with what I was discussing.  And when questioned on the relevance of Exodus on the Constitution of the United States of America, you respond with "Anal much"?

It is a maturity issue with you, or is it just pure ignorance?

I have absolutely no interest in why 'you' guyz are against abortion.

My unstated personal position either in favor of or opposition to abortion has zero relevance to the Constitutionality of Roe.  Perhaps if you set aside your own emotions, you would be able to see things more objectively.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2017, 02:16:40 am »

Wingnut

« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2017, 02:44:07 am »

geronl

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2017, 02:51:15 am »
This will all turn out to be a nothing-burger. Those groups will still get the money for "the good things" they do just like we fund Planned Parenthood but not abortions.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2017, 02:57:01 am »
"I have no objection to an end to "bankrolling overseas abortions", whatever exactly that means."

This needs to be revisited, JazzHead is not addressing the premise of this thread but being sanctimonious with a generalized view, the quote by JH might make one even think he/she is uninformed on this issue.  A rather callous response in my view for someone displaying their ignorance about what this thread is about, the Mexico City Policy..

Then, makes another projection about Donald Trump "wading into the abortion battle" when this is simply about defunding overseas abortion with US dollars as the Bushes and Reagan did; while Obama and Clinton funded it.

In turn, when this above is at stake and JazzHead in fact, seems to be inveighing his/her own beliefs on others at the cost of this topic, I think it is very unfair.

We have been through this issue before, the women of this forum, and they are very very admirable and I esteem them very much, answered this exact same argument by JH. CatherineofAragon and I forget all of the others, I think MusicLady did much better than I could ever do and I really respect them deeply for that, this was about? 6-8 weeks ago I'd say, between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They've been here, may have seen it but don't care to pursue the same argument.

@CatherineofAragon

"I have no objection to an end to "bankrolling overseas abortions", whatever exactly that means."

Sorry, I assumed one reads the article under discussion. This must mean exactly whatever that means.

This of promoting abortion or even performing abortions overseas, in Honduras or Kenya or whatever backwater there is, has always bothered me.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2017, 02:58:03 am »

:silly:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2017, 03:00:57 am »
Bush caught flak on not allowing that stem cell research as well; that may well come up too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2017, 03:18:47 am »
This will all turn out to be a nothing-burger. Those groups will still get the money for "the good things" they do just like we fund Planned Parenthood but not abortions.

Reagan was the first one to do this;  it was his initiative.

Opinion noted.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2017, 04:32:57 am »
I don't think we're dealing with a conservative here, Norm.  This the second thread I've been on where he's demonstrated out-an-out leftism.  Living proof TBR tolerates all views.

You understand, don't you, that I never said "punished with a baby"?  Those were dfwgator's words.   My apologies for you not liking the words someone else put in my mouth.   ^-^ 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:38:38 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2017, 04:40:08 am »
I agree!   But it's not up to you or me - or the government -  to make that decision for others.  Each and every adult woman must have the right to decide for herself. 

Use your powers of persuasion.   Don't doubt the power you possess.   But it's not the government's power.
My boss has annoyed me this week. As a woman is it my "right" to kill him too?  Should we keep the government out of that decision as well?
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2017, 04:44:30 am »
The right that's precious is the right to one's self-determination.  A woman must have the right to decide whether to reproduce.   That right must exist, in my view, so long as the fetus is not yet viable.   

A woman does have the absolute right to decide whether to reproduce.  This right is exercised BEFORE she gets pregnant. Once she is pregnant, the decision has been made.
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:48 am »
Thanks for your post.  You hit on the real issue, right here.  Setting the "hard choices" aside for the moment; if you look at the typical arguments for abortion they very often do come down to arguments of convenience.  "It's not the right time in my life to have a baby.  I'd have to quit school.  It's too expensive." 

One also hears the "better off dead" argument -- I can't justify bringing a child into my situation (i.e., she's better off dead).  A form of this is the eugenic argument, so often applied in practice to Downs babies.

That said, we shouldn't minimize the distress of the women are faced with a pregnancy they didn't want.  It's difficult.  It can be scary.  Their lives will be harder, and their children's lives are often very difficult, indeed.  Pregnancy does affect women's bodies, and there's a non-zero risk from carrying a baby to term.

These things can be addressed -- and need to be addressed if we're to do away with abortion.

There is a non-zero risk to abortion as well.  Not to mention the psychologic devastation it causes the woman who kills her offspring.  Then there is the whole consequence to the child.....
God is still in control

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2017, 04:56:25 am »
A woman does have the absolute right to decide whether to reproduce.  This right is exercised BEFORE she gets pregnant. Once she is pregnant, the decision has been made.

That is your view, as a moral matter.  I do not disagree.   It is not, and cannot be, the legal standard.   A woman cannot be forced by the state to reproduce.   

Opposition to abortion is noble,  but should be grounded in persuasion, not coercion.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2017, 05:04:19 am »
@Mom MD  @Jazzhead

Regardless of where you come down on this issue, it is still a fact that our Constitution grants the federal government no powers in this area what-so-ever. 

It is entirely a matter that each individual state must decide.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2017, 05:06:13 am »
That is your view, as a moral matter.  I do not disagree.   It is not, and cannot be, the legal standard.   A woman cannot be forced by the state to reproduce.   

Opposition to abortion is noble,  but should be grounded in persuasion, not coercion.     

A woman is never forced by the state to reproduce.  The decision is made before conception. Once she conceives, she has reproduced.  Whether she murders her child or not.  You try to sound so smart but your arguments are circular reasoning and false logic.
God is still in control

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2017, 05:06:45 am »
It's easy (though welcome/a good thing) to do it overseas. And while it's again, a good thing, Lets see what he does about it HERE in America where he will face the wrath of all liberalism.

Yes, I think that Trump is going to reel in lots of spending overseas.  You can bet he isn't going to be sending money to countries like Pakistan either.  Why should we be paying for abortions in other countries?  We will see what he does here.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2017, 05:07:03 am »
Jazzhead is pushing secularism, those are his/her beliefs as well; and is seeking to push it on others as well.