Author Topic: Trump Signs First Anti Abortion Legislation Today  (Read 54520 times)

geronl

Re: Trump Signs First Anti Abortion Legislation Today
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2017, 11:26:00 pm »
EO's are not legislation

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2017, 11:26:28 pm »
So.....a Conservative that doesn't agree with the social conservatives on abortion is deemed a straight out liberal in here?

This is why there isn't a "Religion" category in here.   :police:

He also thinks he should be able to veto his neighbor's right to self defense with a firearm.  It's not just this issue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2017, 11:27:38 pm »
EO's are not legislation

I'm aggrieved it took 100 posts for somebody else to notice that.  I was waiting, good work, @geronl!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:50 pm »
The best way to make abortion obsolete is to make unplanned pregnancies obsolete.   

Which requires girls to keep their legs closed and boys to keep their zippers up.   But since we have no need for morals or God in our culture - and sex is deemed a 'right' to have in concert with the consequences being deemed a 'right' to get rid of, abortion as a form of birth control is never going to be obsolete.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:57 pm »
Did they serve Tapioca pudding or jello squares for desert at the home tonight?  :laugh:

LOL!   The Tapioca binds me up....no thanks.   :laugh:    And no sugar for me.....in my coffee.    A1-C dropped a full whole number in 120 days.   

Gee....maybe that explains my sour mood in here?...............NAW!!!!!    Just can't suffer fools, is all.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2017, 11:29:07 pm »
So.....a Conservative that doesn't agree with the social conservatives on abortion is deemed a straight out liberal in here?

Who besides you mentioned religion? If you support infantacide, you are a liberal. If you don't, you arent. Simple math. No conservative supports 'the right to choose'.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2017, 11:30:44 pm »
He also thinks he should be able to veto his neighbor's right to self defense with a firearm.  It's not just this issue.

:pondering:    Hmmmmmmm......
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2017, 11:32:51 pm »
LOL!   The Tapioca binds me up....no thanks.   :laugh:    And no sugar for me.....in my coffee.    A1-C dropped a full whole number in 120 days.   

Gee....maybe that explains my sour mood in here?...............NAW!!!!!    Just can't suffer fools, is all.    :beer:

I asked the staff to slip you a little saltpeter on occasion when you start getting frisky!   LOL

Offline Norm Lenhart

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2017, 11:33:55 pm »
Who besides you mentioned religion? If you support infantacide, you are a liberal. If you don't, you arent. Simple math. No conservative supports 'the right to choose'.

It was mentioned here earlier this morning, @Norm Lenhart   

We're all Pro-Life in here.   But forcing women who don't agree with us validates that stupid March on Saturday.

Better education may help in preventing the choice being made.    :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:19 pm »
Which requires girls to keep their legs closed and boys to keep their zippers up.   But since we have no need for morals or God in our culture - and sex is deemed a 'right' to have in concert with the consequences being deemed a 'right' to get rid of, abortion as a form of birth control is never going to be obsolete.

^^^ This.  Word.  I knew I could count on you, @INVAR
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2017, 11:35:42 pm »

I fell in love...and fools fall in love...therefore I am a fool.  OK!  I can accept that!   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2017, 11:37:06 pm »
I fell in love...and fools fall in love...therefore I am a fool.  OK!  I can accept that!   :beer:

:beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2017, 11:39:53 pm »
The right that's precious is the right to one's self-determination.

Yet you have no problem denying that right to an entire society while imposing your own version of morality upon it.

A woman must have the right to decide whether to reproduce.

She does have that right.  And when a unique individual life with its own singular DNA forms in her womb, that decision has already been made.

Men don't endure the pain and burden of gestation and childbirth.   

Nor do men have the right to decide whether a woman reproduces.

Men have, again in my view, no right whatsoever to force a woman to abort, or to give birth.  But by supporting their partner, they can persuade her to do the right thing.

And herein lies another facet of the problem - men pressuring women to get abortions.  You see, it is men who are the biggest supporters of abortion because it allows them to treat women as sperm receptacles.  And if the woman gets knocked up, she can go off and get an abortion because it's legal and because it sure beats the hell out of 18 years of child support.

Abortion doesn't scar men.  It scars women.  Women are the victims of it.  Women are the ones who have to endure the psychological and spiritual effects of murdering a child.

What cynical bullcrap.   This is about the right of a woman to decide her future for herself, by herself.

And once a new life with its own unique DNA is created, that decision has been made.  You see, women are  in control of their bodies.  Women get to choose whether or not a man will be allowed to ejaculate inside of her.  They are not victims here.  They have the choice to engage in behavior that will result in the creation of human life.  THAT is the right to choose.

Yet society should have a voice in deciding whether that right should be extended to killing another human life.

I for one refuse to abide religious zealots

Yet you expect others to abide by your pro-abortion zealotry.

.  .  . who insist the state force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.   

Unwanted pregnancy?  Wait just a minute here.  Did the woman not have control over her own body?  Did the woman not know that allowing a man to ejaculate inside of her had a very high probability of pregnancy?  Did the woman decide for herself to engage in an activity that she knew in advance could result in the creation of a new life?

If becoming a crackhead is unwanted, then don't smoke crack.  If losing your license over a DUI is unwanted, then don't drive drunk.  If getting HepC is unwanted, then don't have anal sex.  If getting pregnant is not wanted, then don't have unprotected sex.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2017, 11:43:03 pm »
As a staunch pro-lifer (adopted when I was 4 days old, in 1976, bio-father was married and pressuring bio-mother to have an abortion)  I can't argue with people who are pro-abortion because it makes me irate.
It comes down to this: Is murder wrong?  yes or no? 
This whole "right to choose" is crap.  You chose to have sex or not.  you chose to get on the pill or not, you chose to use a condom or not.  And there's even the whole morning after pill which I object to. 
And don't even get me started on "rape exceptions".  Rape is bad, BUT if you rape someone and you have a 6 month old son when you do, and you get caught, the penalty is not the dismemberment of your 6-month-old.  And NO you aren't "forced to raise your rapist's child" unless you decide to not give it up for adoption.   
Point blank, it's murder. If you accept abortion as being ok, then you are saying that you are ok with murder if the person being killed is considered inconvenient to someone else, and that is hideous.

@chae

Thank you for sharing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Wingnut

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2017, 11:45:05 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2017, 11:45:18 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2017, 11:46:46 pm »
It was mentioned here earlier this morning, @Norm Lenhart   

We're all Pro-Life in here.   But forcing women who don't agree with us validates that stupid March on Saturday.

Better education may help in preventing the choice being made.    :shrug:

Obviously we arent 'all' pro life.. Some of us want to spout pro choice rhetoric while claiming to be conservative. Which cheapens both the idea and ideals of pro life and conservatism and justifies the murder of human beings, whether you 'choose' to accept that reality or not.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2017, 11:48:08 pm »
I thought this was a great idea when this was done the first time.

(was it Dubya? I think it might have been).

While the President may not be able to change the existing US law, at least we do not have to allow our tax dollars to go overseas to fund them.

Nice job.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2017, 11:48:32 pm »

Roe is a Constitutional issue - not a religious one.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 11:48:49 pm »
Did you know!  Most of the Village People are straight?

Actually I thought the (I think Indian was straight and the rest were gay. One of them is straight anyway.

Wingnut

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2017, 11:49:57 pm »
Did you know!  Most of the Village People are straight?
o

And LBJ was so crooked he could hide behind a corkscrew.......

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2017, 11:50:49 pm »
My Idol....

Edit.  You Norm..... not the chapless dude.

Hey if one can be conservative while spouting rote pro choice propaganda here, SHIRLEY one can be straight in assless chaps with VP heros! Doesn't make you a bad man ;)

Online Hoodat

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2017, 11:55:20 pm »
No conservative supports 'the right to choose'.

This one does.  I believe States, or in lieu of that cities, or counties should have the right to choose their own laws regarding abortion in that society.  And as a member of that society, I have the right to express my opinion and argument advocating for the protection of human life.

It is the pro-abortion people who are anti-choice since they are the ones insisting that a society be denied the choice to establish its own laws.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2017, 11:56:13 pm »

JH also believes that gay "marriage" is a right as well...protected by the 14th Amendment.

Someone is jut trying to stir the pot and play contrarian.

@Cyber Liberty
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!