Author Topic: Franken emerges as liberal force in hearings  (Read 706 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Franken emerges as liberal force in hearings
« on: January 22, 2017, 08:38:14 pm »
Franken emerges as liberal force in hearings
By Lisa Hagen - 01/22/17 10:30 AM EST

Sen. Al Franken stole the spotlight at the confirmation hearings for President Trump’s Cabinet picks, giving a glimpse into how he plans to hold the new administration accountable.

The progressive Minnesota Democrat was the breakout star during a packed week of hearings. Franken’s series of high-profile clashes indicated he could be an emerging leader within a party in turmoil.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/315393-franken-emerges-as-liberal-force-in-hearings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Franken emerges as liberal force in hearings
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:04:30 pm »

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:49 pm »
When I saw part of one of the hearings he's on, I was struck by an old radio commercial:  "When you speak, people judge you by the words you use."  He came off somewhat mentally challenged.  If he's the big Dem force to be reckoned with, this whole project might be easier than we expected.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 09:47:58 pm »
When I saw part of one of the hearings he's on, I was struck by an old radio commercial:  "When you speak, people judge you by the words you use."  He came off somewhat mentally challenged.  If he's the big Dem force to be reckoned with, this whole project might be easier than we expected.

I remember on SNL, they had a "Franken and Davis Show" that was sponsored by, "The Communist Party - Because One Day You'll Be a Communist."

I think now that Franken wasn't joking.

Offline beandog

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »
If Franken is the best they can do as a liberal force than conservatives are in good shape. :silly:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:26 pm »
I remember on SNL, they had a "Franken and Davis Show" that was sponsored by, "The Communist Party - Because One Day You'll Be a Communist."

I think now that Franken wasn't joking.
F &D 's "comedy" was the sort that was more something a wise-a** friend would make up in the lunchroom for a cheap laugh. Just not very funny.