Author Topic: President Trump Declares Independence  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: President Trump Declares Independence
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:50 pm »
On Day 2 he is already balking on disclosing finances.  What is he trying to hide?  Does he intend to ride the COI route and get richer on the backs of taxpayers?

Does This sound like a POTUS to be trusted?

Let's see who he nominates for the Supreme Court, and use that as a "trust" metric.  It was one of the biggest points of discussion during the campaign, with many NeverTrumpers saying that anyone expecting him to appoint a conservative was being fooled.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 03:38:10 pm »
Let's see who he nominates for the Supreme Court, and use that as a "trust" metric.  It was one of the biggest points of discussion during the campaign, with many NeverTrumpers saying that anyone expecting him to appoint a conservative was being fooled.

Actually, I think a better metric to see how un-trusted this POTUS is, is how much more above $19T the national debt moves.

I still think he is a wanna be FDR, who now does not have the industrial base to pull off a "New - Deal" fiasco.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 04:19:46 pm »
I'm just curious what you think the "best hand" would have been?

As the available choices showed, there wasn't a "best hand" this time around.  Our political system is dysfunctional, especially at the national level, and it actively discriminates against the sort of able, honest, level-headed, steady, trustworthy, and adult leader we all say we want.

Considering the remarkable amount of slobber being applied to Mr. Trumps boots on TBR these days, I don't think that ideal candidate would have stood a chance among "conservatives," either.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 05:48:55 pm »
As the available choices showed, there wasn't a "best hand" this time around.  Our political system is dysfunctional, especially at the national level, and it actively discriminates against the sort of able, honest, level-headed, steady, trustworthy, and adult leader we all say we want.

Considering the remarkable amount of slobber being applied to Mr. Trumps boots on TBR these days, I don't think that ideal candidate would have stood a chance among "conservatives," either.

Exactly.  As I opined on another thread, Reagan could never get elected to office today.

He would have been torn asunder and rendered irrelevant by the same cabalist system and self-identifying 'conservatives' as Cruz, Carson and Paul experienced.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775