Author Topic: Report: Trump To Sign Executive Order Defunding International Planned Parenthood This Weekend  (Read 2878 times)

Silver Pines

Interesting... and deserves its own thread.

@Wingnut

I don't know what original source they were using because I was just glancing around.  Hold on....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is about defunding Planned Parenthood overseas. All of us can take some satisfaction in knowing we tried to help decrease abortions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City_Policy

Really? People are talking about Ben Shapiro and Jerusalem in this thread?

Silver Pines

This is about defunding Planned Parenthood overseas. All of us can take some satisfaction in knowing we tried to help decrease abortions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City_Policy

Really? People are talking about Ben Shapiro and Jerusalem in this thread?

@TomSea

Looks like it, doesn't it? 

A new thread has been created.  Check it out, or don't.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
A Presidential memorandum is not the same as an Executive Order.  The Mexico City policy, and its back and forth by Clinton, Bush and Obama were not EO but memoranda.

THX.  I stand corrected.

I've been seeing click bait threads on other fora crowing about Trump defunding PP.  No mention of the Mexico City Policy or Int'l in their headlines.

Running right next to their brkg headline threads about 20 people killed at a pro-Trump rally that clashed with police - with no mention it was in Africa in the headline.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

THX.  I stand corrected.

I've been seeing click bait threads on other fora crowing about Trump defunding PP.  No mention of the Mexico City Policy or Int'l in their headlines.

Running right next to their brkg headline threads about 20 people killed at a pro-Trump rally that clashed with police - with no mention it was in Africa in the headline.
I agree, it was a misdirection.

The media needs to call a President when he misdirects.  An Executive Order and a Memorandum have virtually the same effect - a ruling by Executive - and the media needs to show there is very little difference.

What we really need is to execute a law authored by Congress - the way it should be done - to outlaw any abortion funds to be directed to any foreign entity.

Congress in its current form - GOP controlled - can make it happen. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington