Author Topic: "A most dreadful inaugural address"  (Read 4897 times)

Wingnut

Re: "A most dreadful inaugural address"
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 05:05:39 am »
Depends on how passionate I am in regards to the subject matter or point I'm attempting to articulate.

In an effort to avoid the appearance of snark and Richard, I'm attempting to take the time to explain principles.

I will be the first to admit I am not a soul of wit.

Wit is highly over rated.   I am a simple man.   I would respect a good "shut the f up" from you rather than reading you drone on and on and on and on.   Of course...  I would reciprocate the same.    In the end, we could say in two lines and two pots  what you spend saying in 1000 words over 14 post to reach the same results.

See, I am a conservative.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 05:17:44 am »
Wit is highly over rated.   I am a simple man.   I would respect a good "shut the f up" from you rather than reading you drone on and on and on and on.   Of course...  I would reciprocate the same.    In the end, we could say in two lines and two pots  what you spend saying in 1000 words over 14 post to reach the same results.

But then I would never get any exercise sir.

Of course you are.

A frugal one at that.

I was too impressed with William F. Buckley for my own good.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 05:27:39 am »
Principles? All I hear from you pearl clutching NeverTrumps is bashing based on sophistry and bullshit. I actually own a business. I and other business owners have been dumped on for the last 8 years to the point that I and some of my compatriots in the area had to let people go, had the govt up our ass for stupid shit and just getting affordable healthcare for our own families has become a dream. Now there is a new President doing better things for us right off the bat and I have nattering nebobs of negativism spamming the boards with high minded bullshit that defies the real world. Under your warped rubric Reagan would be considered a Lib Rat.

Here's a tip Jackson. Get out of your mother's basement, get a real job and grow the eff up.

Now Frank, that hurts just a tad.

I mean, YOU are one person I actually look forward to reading and seeing here.

Your posts cause me to giggle and snort quite often.

So…. as a nattering nabob of negativism (which I freely admit), I shall strive to be more positive in my criticisms of they who shit on the Constitution and deign to act via pens and phones, even if it is their self-appointed spokespeoples who tie themselves up in knots to explain their good intentions.

I too owned a business, 30 years at that - and the last 8 have put a virtual nail in it's coffin.  So I understand all about being pissed off when the Alphabets and Doo Gooders from the vaunted realm of 'Public Service" decide they know what is best for us "rich white people" in terms of sharing our wealth and spreading it around and preaching that my breath and love of ribeye steak is causing Global Warming. 

I mean, what a joy it is to witness our tax dollars being spent by 300 lb racist morons in spandex at Walmart with their broods of chillrens' from various baby daddies all in Air Jordans and texting on their latest iPhones with shopping carts full of soda and beef jerky using EBT cards to pay for it all.  I marvel at the same folks tearing through the parking lot at 50 MPH in their new SUVs vibrating the asphalt with the latest Rap jam with the tricked out wheels all lit up with neon, while I load a few sacks of vittles and a 50lb bag of chow for the ravenous German Sheperd into my 2004 Hyundai Elantra with 160K miles.  I do so enjoy hearing the screech of tires and the smell of burning rubber as they peel out onto the road to get to their spacious Section 8 Townhouses.

And them is the legal ones not South of the border.   

What the hell does that have to do with me being a nattering nabob of negativity? 

Not a damn thing - but Trump did say in his inaugural that my pain is your pain, so I thought I would share.

And yes, you can call me the King of run-on sentences, on top of whatever other adjectives you can think of.

Just keep them funny.

As to myself regarding Reagan as a Lib Rat - I take umbrage and exception to that accusation dear sir!  If there is a sin that I have much difficulty overcoming, it is the near-idolatry I hold of Reagan's Conservatism.

But Trump is no Reagan, and I do not expect Trump to even touch his shadow in terms of the principles he articulated and governed by.

But just do realize I am one of your biggest fans here - so it does hurt when you disparage me so.

I imagine this is just how Crispie Creme Christie  felt when he learned Billy Joel dissed him publicly.

Ouch.

I'll go weep quietly inside my being now.

Thank you for the rebuke.  I'll try to be more positive in my bashing of our politicians from Mom's basement.

I have her stuffed in her rocker next to the furnace so she doesn't mind my sobs.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 05:29:23 am »
But then I would never get any exercise sir.

Of course you are.

A frugal one at that.

I was too impressed with William F. Buckley for my own good.

See that has always been your problem since you came over here. You always put $10 worth of thought into a $2 dollar problem.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:30:15 am by Wingnut »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 05:34:15 am »

See that has always been your problem since you came over here. You always put $10 worth of thought into a $2 dollar problem.

Could be worse.

I could be using my fingers prettier than a $20 whore.

Wingnut

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 05:43:30 am »
Could be worse.

I could be using my fingers prettier than a $20 whore.

:laugh:

That would not be a bad thing.  But then...I'm working for Mel Brooks!

:beer:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 06:12:07 am »
Now Frank, that hurts just a tad.

I mean, YOU are one person I actually look forward to reading and seeing here.

Your posts cause me to giggle and snort quite often.

So…. as a nattering nabob of negativism (which I freely admit), I shall strive to be more positive in my criticisms of they who shit on the Constitution and deign to act via pens and phones, even if it is their self-appointed spokespeoples who tie themselves up in knots to explain their good intentions.

I too owned a business, 30 years at that - and the last 8 have put a virtual nail in it's coffin.  So I understand all about being pissed off when the Alphabets and Doo Gooders from the vaunted realm of 'Public Service" decide they know what is best for us "rich white people" in terms of sharing our wealth and spreading it around and preaching that my breath and love of ribeye steak is causing Global Warming. 

I mean, what a joy it is to witness our tax dollars being spent by 300 lb racist morons in spandex at Walmart with their broods of chillrens' from various baby daddies all in Air Jordans and texting on their latest iPhones with shopping carts full of soda and beef jerky using EBT cards to pay for it all.  I marvel at the same folks tearing through the parking lot at 50 MPH in their new SUVs vibrating the asphalt with the latest Rap jam with the tricked out wheels all lit up with neon, while I load a few sacks of vittles and a 50lb bag of chow for the ravenous German Sheperd into my 2004 Hyundai Elantra with 160K miles.  I do so enjoy hearing the screech of tires and the smell of burning rubber as they peel out onto the road to get to their spacious Section 8 Townhouses.

And them is the legal ones not South of the border.   

What the hell does that have to do with me being a nattering nabob of negativity? 

Not a damn thing - but Trump did say in his inaugural that my pain is your pain, so I thought I would share.

And yes, you can call me the King of run-on sentences, on top of whatever other adjectives you can think of.

Just keep them funny.

As to myself regarding Reagan as a Lib Rat - I take umbrage and exception to that accusation dear sir!  If there is a sin that I have much difficulty overcoming, it is the near-idolatry I hold of Reagan's Conservatism.

But Trump is no Reagan, and I do not expect Trump to even touch his shadow in terms of the principles he articulated and governed by.

But just do realize I am one of your biggest fans here - so it does hurt when you disparage me so.

I imagine this is just how Crispie Creme Christie  felt when he learned Billy Joel dissed him publicly.

Ouch.

I'll go weep quietly inside my being now.

Thank you for the rebuke.  I'll try to be more positive in my bashing of our politicians from Mom's basement.

I have her stuffed in her rocker next to the furnace so she doesn't mind my sobs.

Dude. That's too long to read. I will just take that as I have awesome posts. Regards.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 08:52:39 am »

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 04:49:44 pm »
Tommy, you shouldn't follow anything I post. It's all stream of consciousness garbage from a slumlord in PA. There is only one guy here with the intellectual heft that deserves following. @massadvj .

Oh my goodness I have a fan!  In all fairness I find a lot of interesting and varied points of view here, including you.  And I thank you for your kind words.