Author Topic: TRUMP INAUGURAL ADDRESS: Brilliant, Populist, NOT Conservative  (Read 4405 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: TRUMP INAUGURAL ADDRESS: Brilliant, Populist, NOT Conservative
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »
Presumptive. 

I'm no longer a Republican, Bush sucked (BOTH of them IMO) and I'm no fan of global Marxism.

I do like to buy things from Japan that are not made here.

Swords specifically.

The irony is that HE voted for a globalist liberal "Republican" and YOU voted for a Conservative.

That should end the discussion immediately.  :patriot:

@INVAR
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:20:44 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »
Indiana Jones Versus the Swordman Scene

In concert with the blades I have plenty of irons.

The blades however, require a lot more skill to wield and use.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 06:24:49 pm »
In concert with the blades I have plenty of irons.

The blades however, require a lot more skill to wield and use.

I agree with you....but the most skilled swordsman is, uh, toast facing a....well, watch the video.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 06:43:15 pm »
I agree with you....but the most skilled swordsman is, uh, toast facing a....well, watch the video.   :patriot:

I would never bring a sword to a gunfight.

But when stealth or close quarters are required - nothing beats a sharp blade.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 06:55:20 pm »

Agreed.

Tune in to "FRONTIER"...a new six-episode series on Netflix, starring Jason Momoa.

It's about the fight for dominance for trading in the 'New World' with the Hudson Bay Company.

I understand Momoa is actually very talented tossing hatchets.   And I'm not talking the Sears & Roebuck type either.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 07:17:00 pm »

@INVAR

I disagree. My vote goes for a "hushpuppy",which generally meant a silenced 22,but the truth is they came in all calibers. I actually had a .45 ACP WW-2 M3A3 "Greasgun" from WW-2 with a suppressor on it in VN. Loudest noise was the clang that big,heavy bolt made going forward. There were LOTS of suppressed 9mm sub guns like Stens and Swedish K's,but they had to fire special reduced loads to keep from burning the suppressor (we called them silencers back them) out. I once saw a suppressed round from a Sten bounce off the wooden floor in the tent at our launch site at Dak To. The roof had been leaking and there was a puddle of water right where you had to walk going in or out of the tent,and it was slippery as hell,so someone figured he would just shoot a hole in the floor to let the water drain out. My thinking is that "If I am going to shoot a guy in the knee with a pistol round to disable him so I can capture him,I'm damn sure going to shoot him with a full-powered round and big bullet instead of a squib load."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 07:18:39 pm »
Agreed.

Tune in to "FRONTIER"...a new six-episode series on Netflix, starring Jason Momoa.

@DCPatriot

Thanks for the tip. I now have it on my watch list.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 08:52:23 pm »
@INVAR

I disagree. My vote goes for a "hushpuppy",which generally meant a silenced 22,but the truth is they came in all calibers. I actually had a .45 ACP WW-2 M3A3 "Greasgun" from WW-2 with a suppressor on it in VN. Loudest noise was the clang that big,heavy bolt made going forward. There were LOTS of suppressed 9mm sub guns like Stens and Swedish K's,but they had to fire special reduced loads to keep from burning the suppressor (we called them silencers back them) out. I once saw a suppressed round from a Sten bounce off the wooden floor in the tent at our launch site at Dak To. The roof had been leaking and there was a puddle of water right where you had to walk going in or out of the tent,and it was slippery as hell,so someone figured he would just shoot a hole in the floor to let the water drain out. My thinking is that "If I am going to shoot a guy in the knee with a pistol round to disable him so I can capture him,I'm damn sure going to shoot him with a full-powered round and big bullet instead of a squib load."

I've shot plenty .22, bricks of it from the 10-22 and the various pistols running from the wife to the kids, but never fired a suppressed/silenced round - so I have no frame of reference.

I'll have to take your word for it.

I will state, that down in these parts showing the suitors for your daughters your gun collection in hopes of intimidating them to make sure your little girl is home at the appropriate hour, has zero desired effect beyond "Hey, I got one of those".

But showing them that I can peel grapes with a katana…. priceless beyond measure. 

It's good when the boyfriends are scared to death of Daddy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 09:19:45 pm »

It's good when the boyfriends are scared to death of Daddy.

@INVAR

Sure can't argue with that.