Author Topic: Democrats delay vote on Sessions nomination  (Read 780 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats delay vote on Sessions nomination
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »
Democrats delay vote on Sessions nomination
By Jordain Carney - 01/24/17 10:29 AM EST

Senate Democrats are delaying a vote on Sen. Jeff Sessions's nomination to be President Trump's attorney general, arguing they want more time to review the pick. 

"As we have done for most nominees ... I'm asking that the vote for Sen. Sessions be held over until next week," Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, said Tuesday.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/315828-democrats-delay-vote-on-sessions-nomination

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Democrats delay vote on Sessions nomination
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:25:52 pm »
But of course they need extra time. They have to do the proper due diligence on a complete unknown like Sessions.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:32:38 pm »
And McConnell says, "Ok!"

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:01 pm »
The Dems are pizzed that the Republicans stalled the vote on Obama's nominee for SCOTUS.  So the two parties are going to just play games like little kids.  "You didn't vote on our nominee.  Now we won't vote on yours." 

This will be the usual for at least the next 4 years.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 12:37:05 am »
Personally, I can't and wouldn't support anyone who remains in favour of asset forfeiture as it's been abused
by law enforcement for a long enough time now, and Sessions has said nothing to indicate he's even thought
about changing his mind, no matter how many people lose property before they're even tried, never mind
convicted of any crime; or, that he's thought seriously about how often those who prove to be innocent lose
their property thanks to asset forfeiture and then have to spend years and dollars they often don't have
to retrieve it---if they can retrieve it at all.

Until or unless he does, I will not support Sessions. There must be equally qualified candidates for the job
who don't believe the State has the right to take your property before your trial verdict is in or to keep it
and make it difficult to impossible for you to retrieve it if you're proven innocent.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.