Author Topic: ‘They’re Screwing This Up!’ MSNBC Knocks Parade, Trump Family as the New ‘Romanovs’  (Read 907 times)

rangerrebew

‘They’re Screwing This Up!’ MSNBC Knocks Parade, Trump Family as the New ‘Romanovs’
By Curtis Houck | January 20, 2017 | 7:12 PM EST
shares

These people just won’t let up. Late Friday afternoon, MSNBC couldn’t help but knock the slow pace of the Inauguration Day parade and the Trump family as the new but inexperienced Romanov family that ruled Russia for centuries.

Just after 5:00 p.m. Eastern, co-host Brian Williams took note of the diminishing sunlight and its effect on the parade: “[L]ook at that — the ambient light. We are losing daylight fast. I believe I read sundown was at 5:16 local time tonight. So again, so many of the acts in this long parade, which is still unspooling, are going to be without daylight as they come down.”

The cable network had alluded to it throughout the afternoon, but there was no official reason given until Williams revealed that Inauguration organizer Tom Barrack blamed the delay and “many empty bleachers” and “lunch [running] late and then they could not get bussed down in time.”

Seconds later, co-host Rachel Maddow blurted out: “This is — they're screwing this up, man.”

When the First Family walked from the White House to the parade viewing stand, Matthews seized the spotlight by comparing the Trumps to the royal family who ran Russia from the 1600s until their execution at the onset of the Bolshevik Revolution:

http://www.newsbusters.org/print/173871
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:28:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline SirLinksALot

Matthews seized the spotlight by comparing the Trumps to the royal family who ran Russia from the 1600s until their execution at the onset of the Bolshevik Revolution :

Somebody got their historical dates confused...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:10:26 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Victoria33

When the First Family walked from the White House to the parade viewing stand, Matthews seized the spotlight by comparing the Trumps to the royal family who ran Russia from the 1600s...
@rangerrebew

Well, early on, I said they would be a family dynasty, with the daughter running for president after Trump.  There is another possibility that Trump won't make it four years due to his mental disorder and the country will be in chaos, hopefully not due to a nuclear attack.

Offline SirLinksALot

If we have now our Romanov's, then clearly we need the equivalent of Rasputin and Lenin....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:10:57 pm by SirLinksALot »

Wingnut

Tingles Mathews wouldn't know RockManinov from The Rominov's if you spotted him an electric guitar. 

Online mountaineer

Well, early on, I said they would be a family dynasty, with the daughter running for president after Trump. 
I'm less concerned about that than I am of Chelsea Clinton and Malia Obama trying to carry on their respective dynasties.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
I'm less concerned about that than I am of Chelsea Clinton and Malia Obama trying to carry on their respective dynasties.
I don't think the Obama girls have the slightest interest in politics.  Every time we saw them they looked bored out of their minds.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Online mountaineer

I don't think the Obama girls have the slightest interest in politics.  Every time we saw them they looked bored out of their minds.
They're still young, but I hope you're right.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org